[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
@DerGnarf 0.7.17a is available from the dropdown list in in the version selection menu on Technic. Can you test that and see if it fixes your problem? Remember to backup first.

If it works, then I will push it to recommended later tonight when I can upload a server version of the pack. Sorry for the trouble!

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
testing...

ah ok, was a bit confused. Had to update the client and copied the QmunityLib to the server.

No server crash while starting. Now i try to log in with my client.

Ok works fine. Thx for your fast fix.

Yours Betatester ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChatFawkes

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
I recomend:
  • Minefactory reloaded
  • Walia Harvestability
  • Project red Intergration (thats just the redstone gates)
  • Twilight Forest
  • Wireless redstone Chickenbones eddition (WRCBE)
  • Sync
  • Advanced Genetics
  • Steve's Workshop
  • Thaumcraft NEI
All of these can be found on the Permisions spreadsheet for FTB: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=96628E67B4C51B81!161&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!APQ4QtFrBqa1HwM

I also hear IC2 is now compatible with Mekanism, however I cannot confirm this.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I recomend:
  • Minefactory reloaded
  • Walia Harvestability
  • Project red Intergration (thats just the redstone gates)
  • Twilight Forest
  • Wireless redstone Chickenbones eddition (WRCBE)
  • Sync
  • Advanced Genetics
  • Steve's Workshop
  • Thaumcraft NEI
All of these can be found on the Permisions spreadsheet for FTB: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=96628E67B4C51B81!161&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!APQ4QtFrBqa1HwM

I also hear IC2 is now compatible with Mekanism, however I cannot confirm this.
Hey thanks for the playing the pack and I appreciate the mod suggestions. Now regarding these suggestions:

- MineFactory Reloaded - nope, I don't have any plans to ever add this mod
- Waila Harvestability - no reason to add this as harvest level tweaks are not enabled
- Project Red - This mod is covered by Bluepower + RedLogic
- Twilight Forest - We have enough dimensions already, sorry
- Wireless Redstone - I have been considering this for 0.8.x (you will know when it's released)
- Sync - Not really feeling the need to add this mod (also it dependson ichunutil and I don't want to add another mod because it's a dependancy)
- Advanced Genetics - last time I checked this mod was pretty darn OP, so sorry no plans to add it
- Steve's Workshop - kinda makes autocrafting for other mods useless (yes I know Factory Manager is considered OP too, but I do have plans to alter the recipes in 0.8.x)
- Thaumcraft NEI - We already have Thaumcraft NEI Plugin which is a much much better mod IMO
- IC2 - No plans to add this since we already have enough tech mods and I prefer to keep one main energy system (RF)

Once again thanks for your suggestions and thanks for playing. If you feel like extending the modpack please feel free to. The configs are available on GitHub and direct zip downloads are available on the website.

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Regaurding IC2, my source says the machines accept RF, He says he thinks the IC2 cables act in a similar way to the mekanism ones, it will convert the power carried into IC2 power, then reconvert the power to the power requirement of the machine. This I cannot say is true as I've not seen it.

In regards to my first post, I like this pack. As such I've put it on my server, if up for it I can post a link to whitelist application I got set up for it

EDIT

Also with the custom recipes, you could add a recipe for the green hearts. To craft a green heart you require a nether star, 2 yellow hearts and a item from blood magic (I was think a standard blood shard or a demonic shard). To bind this heart to a canister you need the green heart, a red heart canister and some magical catalysts (I was think some blood magic binding agents and Thaumcraft salius mundus)

Another mod I reccomend is Forbidden magic. It adds quite alot of nice thaumcraft features as well as compatibility for botania and blood magic (witchery used to be the 1.6.4 version, may also be added in future update)

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@ChatFawkes I don't disagree about the use of Twilight Forest not being right for a space pack, especially one with plenty of dimensions, but I had a thought that tickled me:

Imagine if you could make the Twilight forest a planet in it's own right? :D so the only way to arrive and leave is by Spacecraft. You could even argue that it's tidally locked, so one side is always in sun (a scorched wasteland) and the other is frozen and lifeless, but the intermediate band - a vast and lush arboreal realm - remains in a perpetual twilight, no day or night.

Perhaps the End would be a secondary asteroid field in the "Pluto" sort of range, so far out that no light is seen, home to a strange and unearthly alien race. Or perhaps even further out, in a dark gas and dust cloud (hence no stars).

This isn't really a suggestion, more of an enjoyable take-an-idea-and-roll-with-it :D

- GwnG

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes I don't disagree about the use of Twilight Forest not being right for a space pack, especially one with plenty of dimensions, but I had a thought that tickled me:

Imagine if you could make the Twilight forest a planet in it's own right? :D so the only way to arrive and leave is by Spacecraft. You could even argue that it's tidally locked, so one side is always in sun (a scorched wasteland) and the other is frozen and lifeless, but the intermediate band - a vast and lush arboreal realm - remains in a perpetual twilight, no day or night.

Perhaps the End would be a secondary asteroid field in the "Pluto" sort of range, so far out that no light is seen, home to a strange and unearthly alien race. Or perhaps even further out, in a dark gas and dust cloud (hence no stars).

This isn't really a suggestion, more of an enjoyable take-an-idea-and-roll-with-it :D

- GwnG

I like the Twilight Forest idea

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
The Twilight Forest idea is pretty cool @GamerwithnoGame (would probably require a custom mod to implement it), but as I said my main concern is not wanting to add too many heavy content mods. I'd prefer the pack to be playable by mid-range and higher computers, so that's why at this point I'm only want mod additions to be small mods like the Thaumcraft addons suggested and other various small mods suggested (wr-cbe, thermal dynamics, frames type mod, etc).

Luckily it's quite easy to add mods to 1.7.10, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard adding the mods you guys want to your own instances/servers. Also as I mentioned before feel free to fork the pack and release a custom version on your own if you want to. It's quite easy to do that on Technic actually if you want a custom version of the pack for your server. All I ask is don't name it Flux Galaxy lol :p

@Assault_Tiger I noticed the Chocolate quest official release update a few days ago (there was buggy beta floating around for a while before), but I will look into it before adding it. I have wanted a type of dungeon mod since the Overworld has been lacking in that feature, but RogueLike was quite boring for me and the other ones were just not as good as Better Dungeons/Chocolate Quest. I gotta make sure the world generation isn't buggy, laggy, and too overpowered before I add it though. We will see though what happens for 0.8.x because I will be adding mods with that version. I gotta say I find it hilarious that I announced the mod list was final sometime ago, but good mods keep getting suggested and new ones getting released (what a time to play modded minecraft right?).

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions everyone!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@ChatFawkes Hah yeah I totally get that! :D honestly, the main reason I mentioned it in the end was because it was one of those ideas that spiralled once I'd started to think about it, so it had to be expressed, you know?

Thanks for the kind words though, it's appreciated! Flux Galaxy sounds extremely awesome, I love how you've had a mod made to make ores look right for the different planets - that's what I call going the extra mile to make something special!

Cheers,

- GwnG

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Before people start asking me "why doesn't the website work", the answer: I've just switched the Flux Galaxy and Lite Galaxy webpages to my new domain: https://www.moddedmc.net/

You can find the website location for Flux Galaxy here and Lite Galaxy here. The layout and style is still the same though :)

StealthCommando

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i just quicly looked through the modlist and did not seem to find ic2 . Will you be adding it to the future ? Sorry it it was in and I am just wasting your time :p

Edit: I just read your answer for IC2 . The pack seems good enough without it . Just playing around with some stuff right now !

Last edited:

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
The Twilight Forest idea is pretty cool @GamerwithnoGame (would probably require a custom mod to implement it), but as I said my main concern is not wanting to add too many heavy content mods. I'd prefer the pack to be playable by mid-range and higher computers, so that's why at this point I'm only want mod additions to be small mods like the Thaumcraft addons suggested and other various small mods suggested (wr-cbe, thermal dynamics, frames type mod, etc).

Luckily it's quite easy to add mods to 1.7.10, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard adding the mods you guys want to your own instances/servers. Also as I mentioned before feel free to fork the pack and release a custom version on your own if you want to. It's quite easy to do that on Technic actually if you want a custom version of the pack for your server. All I ask is don't name it Flux Galaxy lol :p

@Assault_Tiger I noticed the Chocolate quest official release update a few days ago (there was buggy beta floating around for a while before), but I will look into it before adding it. I have wanted a type of dungeon mod since the Overworld has been lacking in that feature, but RogueLike was quite boring for me and the other ones were just not as good as Better Dungeons/Chocolate Quest. I gotta make sure the world generation isn't buggy, laggy, and too overpowered before I add it though. We will see though what happens for 0.8.x because I will be adding mods with that version. I gotta say I find it hilarious that I announced the mod list was final sometime ago, but good mods keep getting suggested and new ones getting released (what a time to play modded minecraft right?).

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions everyone!

Roll out a beta at some point with cohoc quest added and I'll try it on my server. Assuming the update doesn't break the world IDs I'll have a a group of testers (players) around that will report any bugs (hopefully)

EDIT

You could try using Lite loader with the pack

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Roll out a beta at some point with cohoc quest added and I'll try it on my server. Assuming the update doesn't break the world IDs I'll have a a group of testers (players) around that will report any bugs (hopefully)

EDIT

You could try using Lite loader with the pack
Liteloader is already in the pack. Also I don't think I will be putting Chocolate Quest in the pack @Assault_Tiger. I've already found some world-gen glitches and a crash when trying to enter the End already. I might consider Roguelike because it got a new update recently, but once again no guarantees.

Also regarding those that want Forbidden Magic, it seems the last build on CurseForge was over a month ago, but there is GitHub activity from @SpitefulFox, so if there is a new release or a build in general sometime soon then I will probably add it depending on it's stability. I hope you all can understand my concern with not adding a mod that hasn't been updated in a while.

As for the next beta, that will be whenever I get the additions I have planned ready :)

Edit: just realized whoever posts next will start page 40 :p

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You can thank @Zerren for that. He made Interstellar Ores for this pack :)

Ah! In that case: nice one @Zerren! :D

I am actually running a low-end computer (a laptop, 3GB RAM and a 32bit OS!) so I definitely get not wanting to add too many heavy mods! I've actually been working on a private (just me) modpack based on FTB Lite 2 to try and replicate the feeling of DireWolf20's 1.7.10 while still being playable!

Good luck with everything - this sounds amazing! May your +1's and downloads be many! :D

- GwnG

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Liteloader is already in the pack. Also I don't think I will be putting Chocolate Quest in the pack @Assault_Tiger. I've already found some world-gen glitches and a crash when trying to enter the End already. I might consider Roguelike because it got a new update recently, but once again no guarantees.

Also regarding those that want Forbidden Magic, it seems the last build on CurseForge was over a month ago, but there is GitHub activity from @SpitefulFox, so if there is a new release or a build in general sometime soon then I will probably add it depending on it's stability. I hope you all can understand my concern with not adding a mod that hasn't been updated in a while.

As for the next beta, that will be whenever I get the additions I have planned ready :)

Edit: just realized whoever posts next will start page 40 :p

Forgot to put something in the recommendation post, I was aware of this problem but I have read of a fix, something can be disabled in the config that fixes that problem, but I can’t recall where I read this or what needed the edit. Apologies for not being precise.

EDIT

Also what mods are on the liteloader? I'd recomend puting client side mods on there

Last edited: