[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Any one having an issue with none of the mana bars being visible in botania when using the wand? Using latest version of the pack, not sure if its a conflict somewhere in the pack or a bug with botania

Scratch that is working now

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
They are not in the current version of TE for 1.7.X you have other options such as Extra Utils transfer pipes and nodes (though the energy transfer node is pricey), You can also use the ender IO item and energy conduits (my prefered ones) or AE2 P2P tunnels. I beleive TE energy cells are in however so you can use those to transfer power as well.

Oh also there are the mekanism pipes for power/item/fluid transport
Ohhhh that would explain it. I'll try those out then.

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
One other thing, the tinker's construct tools will say "mining level obsidian" for example, but then I hammer away for like 5 minutes and it doesn't break obsidian. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
One other thing, the tinker's construct tools will say "mining level obsidian" for example, but then I hammer away for like 5 minutes and it doesn't break obsidian. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
You need to add a mob head to increase the mining level.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, its kinda bugged.

The pack could go very well with Waila Harvestability. Would help noticing the problem, since the tooltip would says that you need Cobalt level to be able to harvest Obsidian.

This happens because the configuration to change item levels is not set to true. Being so, the obsidian is mined only by a Diamond pick(yes vanilla tools are not disabled and its an alternative) and since the diamond pickaxe mining level is Cobalt, you also need cobalt on tinkers pick to be able to mine it.

Without this setting, I believe boosting a bronze(or steel) tool will give the cobalt level needed for the obsidian.

Last edited:

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, its kinda bugged.

The pack could go very well with Waila Harvestability. Would help noticing the problem, since the tooltip would says that you need Cobalt level to be able to harvest Obsidian.

This happens because the configuration to change item levels is not set to true. Being so, the obsidian is mined only by a Diamond pick(yes vanilla tools are not disabled and its an alternative) and since the diamond pickaxe mining level is Cobalt, you also need cobalt on tinkers pick to be able to mine it.

Without this setting, I believe boosting a bronze(or steel) tool will give the cobalt level needed for the obsidian.
Ok thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

And last thing... TE energy frames don't connect to ender IO conduits or mekanism pipes... Is there any one pipe/cable that works for everything?

Nm, didn't craft the frame all the way lol

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

And last thing... TE energy frames don't connect to ender IO conduits or mekanism pipes... Is there any one pipe/cable that works for everything?
TE energy cells should connect just fine to both those cables. Can you post a screenshot?[DOUBLEPOST=1413105838][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok 0.5.10 is live on Technic and should be live on FTB within 72 hours (once it gets approved). Changelog is in the OP as usual.

Edit: Live on FTB as well now

Last edited:

soupmeister

Jul 29, 2019
They should have sent a poet.

HdXARqN.png

Eduarx

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the fast updates :D

One thing I don't really know how to do in this modpack is grind mobs, without the MFR mob grinder I don't know how to kill mobs when i use Ender IO mob spawners

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the fast updates :D

One thing I don't really know how to do in this modpack is grind mobs, without the MFR mob grinder I don't know how to kill mobs when i use Ender IO mob spawners
Use the Killer Joe from EnderIO. It needs a sword and nutrient distillant to run. I'd suggest using an Etheric Sword because that is unbreakable. You could also use autonomous activators + swords, iron spikes, or even steam traps.

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into an issue with my 0.5.6/0.5.7 world where it was eating 100% CPU on the server (to the point I couldn't log in). I don't have a problem recreating the world, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and recreate on 0.5.10 or wait for 0.6. I don't want to end up having to travel way out to find ungenerated chunks to get newly added resources if/when I end up upgrading.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into an issue with my 0.5.6/0.5.7 world where it was eating 100% CPU on the server (to the point I couldn't log in). I don't have a problem recreating the world, but I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and recreate on 0.5.10 or wait for 0.6. I don't want to end up having to travel way out to find ungenerated chunks to get newly added resources if/when I end up upgrading.
Well I was gonna plan on re-doing ore generation, but I'm not sure when the new CoFHCore will go public. The only reason to wait for 0.6.x is for fixed Thaumcraft biome generation. I do plan on disabling Witchery in 0.6 (it will still be in, just disabled by default) Other than those things, 0.5.x should be perfectly compatible with 0.6.x and onwards. I dont have any plans on adding mods that add new ores. If I ever do end up adding a mod that adds a new ore, you can always just retrogen it.

Also any idea why your world was using 100% CPU, sounds like a problem with a mod.

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was gonna plan on re-doing ore generation, but I'm not sure when the new CoFHCore will go public. The only reason to wait for 0.6.x is for fixed Thaumcraft biome generation. I do plan on disabling Witchery in 0.6 (it will still be in, just disabled by default) Other than those things, 0.5.x should be perfectly compatible with 0.6.x and onwards. I dont have any plans on adding mods that add new ores. If I ever do end up adding a mod that adds a new ore, you can always just retrogen it.

Also any idea why your world was using 100% CPU, sounds like a problem with a mod.

Honest question, why is witchery going to be disabled by default?
Also how does one retrogen, this would have spared me many a misery in previous worlds of mine...

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Honest question, why is witchery going to be disabled by default?
Also how does one retrogen, this would have spared me many a misery in previous worlds of mine...
Witchery is being disabled because it adds a lot of dimensions, and personally I don't think bundled with Galacticraft it's okay to have that many dimensions. So it will be disabled by default in 0.6.x. I will be releasing 0.5.11 soon which should have an alert (via YAMPST) warning people of Witchery being disabled by default.

Using the ore retrogen is pretty easy. Go to the cofh/CoFHCore.cfg and enable the option: B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=false to true. Then you will have to enable it for the ore(s), which are all located in the cofh/world/ folder. By default all ore entries have retrogen set to false. Go to the ore you want (sorted by Mod) and just turn config option: "retrogen": "false", to true. Then when you start up your world/server it will start retrogeneration of that ore in the world.

Reactions: Balorn

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
First i want to thank you so much for your effort and keeping me busy and addicted the past weeks for over 80hrs of gameplay!
I have created 3 worlds one of which I got stuck in the moon (being a nubcake and all not reading tutorials of galacticraft fully, not knowing what to bring with me to the moon for the first time!) Lol i know it sucks right?
Anyways I have a very easy question that might be answered somewhere already but I couldn't find the answer for it:
In the NASA. Workbench when i put somethings (not all) to craft tier 1 rocket and when i close and reopen workbench GUI, all the items i just put, are gone.Is this a known bug or has it been fixed in GC updates? Does anyone know?

And again thanks a ton for keeping me busy for so many hours! Great job and keep up the good work man!

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
First i want to thank you so much for your effort and keeping me busy and addicted the past weeks for over 80hrs of gameplay!
I have created 3 worlds one of which I got stuck in the moon (being a nubcake and all not reading tutorials of galacticraft fully, not knowing what to bring with me to the moon for the first time!) Lol i know it sucks right?
Anyways I have a very easy question that might be answered somewhere already but I couldn't find the answer for it:
In the NASA. Workbench when i put somethings (not all) to craft tier 1 rocket and when i close and reopen workbench GUI, all the items i just put, are gone.Is this a known bug or has it been fixed in GC updates? Does anyone know?

And again thanks again for keeping me busy so many hours! Great job and keep up the good work man!

Thanks, that means a lot! Also this is the first time I've heard of this bug. I'll look around to see if its been reported or already fixed in a newer version.

Edit: Just did some testing. Whenever I close the GUI after putting some items in, it just drops and I pick up the materials in my inventory.

Last edited:

victor pelt

Jul 29, 2019
i really don't think witchery is that much of an issue. many servers have mystcraft. yes it's have on worldgen but after that it should be just fine.