[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Hoping someone can help me. In almost every 1.7.10 pack I play if I use any of the thinkers crafting tables next to a chest I can't see nei. Is this a common bug or is it a config setting???

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hoping someone can help me. In almost every 1.7.10 pack I play if I use any of the thinkers crafting tables next to a chest I can't see nei. Is this a common bug or is it a config setting???
That's a feature of the TCon crafting stations. Don't think you can disable it.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
*grumbles something about uni munching time* Ooo you added blood magic :D *kisses good by to what little free time I had left*

Damn it Fawkes you counter is rising fast when i started it was only 100 or so downloads! Keep up the good work!

*Grumbles and sulks some more* Now the FTB launcher is being incredibly slow to DL. You have a mirror at all @ChatFawkes
Edit:Nvm found it :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Awwwww c'mon.... no certus quartz or emerald in the asteroid belt? </whine>
You can get emeralds via villagers (they drop emeralds every once in a while due to Botania). You can also smelt them for emeralds :p

As for certus I think it spawns in pretty good amounts already in the Overworld, but I guess I could add it since at that point you are pretty late-game.

I've been thinking of changing up all the worldgen because of the new generation features in CoFH Core. I'd like to make it similar to Gregtech where certain biomes contain large veins of ores. That way you have to explore and it also discourages automated mining. The deep dark could still probably have regular worldgen, so you can quarry there. Thoughts?

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I think having quartz in the asteroid belts would be fine. Quartz is the most common mineral on earth after bauxite (aluminium) and is a very basic component of every other mineral. And tbh AE2 eats it in obscene ammounts since you can't charge pure quartz -.-

Emeralds are fine as they are tbh thanks to the shedding from botania and TiCo smelting villager processing stations.

I support the GT style ore gen and it does not render quarrying completely useless but just not as effective and encourages the use of it as an automated exploritory mining method to try and find the large veins.

Also did you ever look at blacklisting some of the levelup modifiers? Cause getting smelting on a tool you have leveled for mining can really suck :(

Last edited:

victor pelt

Jul 29, 2019
don't know which mod it is, but i've seen packs where only the majority of players had to sleep for nights to skip. could you add that?

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
don't know which mod it is, but i've seen packs where only the majority of players had to sleep for nights to skip. could you add that?
That would be Morpheus.

Oh is it, it wasn't on the mod list on the first page...[DOUBLEPOST=1412975598][/DOUBLEPOST]You should add Magical Crops and MineFactory Reloaded!

Blood magic is a recent addition. Tbh I don't feel like Magical crops is all that needed. Sure the monster crops are nice but its a bit too easy to cheese stuff with Magical crops. MFR has my vote though :) Conveyor belts as part of your moonbase mining op anyone? Sorry too much factorio of late lol

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I could add that to the server zip
Oh is it, it wasn't on the mod list on the first page...[DOUBLEPOST=1412975598][/DOUBLEPOST]You should add Magical Crops and MineFactory Reloaded!
Yah I haven't updated that modlist, will do it soon. I don't have any intentions for adding MFR and magical crops, sorry.
That would be Morpheus.

Blood magic is a recent addition. Tbh I don't feel like Magical crops is all that needed. Sure the monster crops are nice but its a bit too easy to cheese stuff with Magical crops. MFR has my vote though :) Conveyor belts as part of your moonbase mining op anyone? Sorry too much factorium of late lol
Extra Utilities has conveyors, but they don't have an animation. Also Factorio is a fun game.
Oh and also there's a new version of Thaumcraft (4.2.1.4)
That requires a new forge version, which other mods may not be compatible with. I would have updated to 4.2.1.3, but that requires Forge 10.13.0.1208 and I want to stay on 1207 for Cauldron compatibility. I believe Cauldron is going to be releasing update patches for the new Forge versions, so we will wait until then.

soupmeister

Jul 29, 2019
I think having quartz in the asteroid belts would be fine. Quartz is the most common mineral on earth after bauxite (aluminium) and is a very basic component of every other mineral. And tbh AE2 eats it in obscene ammounts since you can't charge pure quartz -.-

This is pretty much the reason I was complaining. AE2 munches so much charged quartz. However, after an evening of grinding the gathering of charged quartz with a nicely kitted Tico pick, I'm feeling better about the situation. With that said, for balance, I think it would be nice to have at least /some/ quartz in the asteroid belt. If someone puts all their time into getting to the final stage of Galacticraft, they likely don't want to go manually mining a bunch of quartz to get their AE system to spec for dealing with the planetary quarries they have going.

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to the liquid item and energy ducts from TE? I tried the buildcraft kinesis pipes for energy but they won't connect to the TE machines.. How am I supposed to transfer RF to machines?

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to the liquid item and energy ducts from TE? I tried the buildcraft kinesis pipes for energy but they won't connect to the TE machines.. How am I supposed to transfer RF to machines?
They are not in the current version of TE for 1.7.X you have other options such as Extra Utils transfer pipes and nodes (though the energy transfer node is pricey), You can also use the ender IO item and energy conduits (my prefered ones) or AE2 P2P tunnels. I beleive TE energy cells are in however so you can use those to transfer power as well.

Oh also there are the mekanism pipes for power/item/fluid transport

Last edited: