[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery is being disabled because it adds a lot of dimensions, and personally I don't think bundled with Galacticraft it's okay to have that many dimensions. So it will be disabled by default in 0.6.x. I will be releasing 0.5.11 soon which should have an alert (via YAMPST) warning people of Witchery being disabled by default.

Using the ore retrogen is pretty easy. Go to the cofh/CoFHCore.cfg and enable the option: B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=false to true. Then you will have to enable it for the ore(s), which are all located in the cofh/world/ folder. By default all ore entries have retrogen set to false. Go to the ore you want (sorted by Mod) and just turn config option: "retrogen": "false", to true. Then when you start up your world/server it will start retrogeneration of that ore in the world.

Cool thanks, that's really good to know. And as long as we have the option to keep witchery that's cool. Been using it a lot on my server.

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
Also any idea why your world was using 100% CPU, sounds like a problem with a mod.
No idea. I tried clearing various blocks and even whole dimensions to see if there was something causing lag, but wasn't able to narrow it down. Hopefully it's something that's been fixed in one of the various updates.

Speaking of disabled stuff, though, how come the OpenBlocks Elevator is disabled? After using that in Agrarian Skies, going back to ladders and stairs just seems so boring.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. I tried clearing various blocks and even whole dimensions to see if there was something causing lag, but wasn't able to narrow it down. Hopefully it's something that's been fixed in one of the various updates.

Speaking of disabled stuff, though, how come the OpenBlocks Elevator is disabled? After using that in Agrarian Skies, going back to ladders and stairs just seems so boring.
You can use arcane levitators or enderio travel anchors.

Ravengerx78

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ChatFawkes,

First I have to say I am impressed with the modpack so far. I have found a few things that I would like to point out. First with the recent upgrade there are so far two crashing errors that we have found that are nearly identical. The first occurs when you scroll the thaumic esotera tab in thaumcraft and the second is when you activate a TC drawbridge, the whole client crashes out and this happens for everyone.

The other issue we are having is that random load spikes that are awful. I have verified there are no chunkloaders or quarries on the map and there seems no rhyme or reason to the lag as sometimes its instantaneous and sometime it starts low and builds. I have verified it is not the server hardware and the hardware should be more than adaquate for the task as it is a 8 core 16G unit.

I would appreciate any help you can give

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ChatFawkes,

First I have to say I am impressed with the modpack so far. I have found a few things that I would like to point out. First with the recent upgrade there are so far two crashing errors that we have found that are nearly identical. The first occurs when you scroll the thaumic esotera tab in thaumcraft and the second is when you activate a TC drawbridge, the whole client crashes out and this happens for everyone.

The other issue we are having is that random load spikes that are awful. I have verified there are no chunkloaders or quarries on the map and there seems no rhyme or reason to the lag as sometimes its instantaneous and sometime it starts low and builds. I have verified it is not the server hardware and the hardware should be more than adaquate for the task as it is a 8 core 16G unit.

I would appreciate any help you can give
The crash with the Thaumic Esotera tB should be fixed now sonce I updated Thaumic Exploration in 0.5.11. I'll have to check out the TMech bug myself, but if you have a crash report that would be rrally helpful.

As for the spikes, are those happeming server-side or client side? I get some lag spikes whenever I start up a new testworld, but Fastcraft usually helps take care of that for me. You can try using it if you already haven't, but results may vary.

Edit: Btw I submitted 0.5.11 last night. It's live on Technic and will probably live on FTB within 72 hours.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Updating it doesn't really seem to help I'm afraid, or, well, Thaumic Exploration. One of the blocks/items it adds for some reason is currently crashing things for myself, on a separate pack. The same applies here I'm guessing unless I managed to download an update that started the crashing again. Hope this helps!
Also I'll try the pack soon, it sounds real neat! ouo

Ravengerx78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info on 0.5.11 we are running 0.5.10 currently.

The lag is definitely server side. When watching cpu usage it runs steady 20 - 40% and jumps to 200% momentarily during the spikes, I added some monitoring tools so next time we have the issue hopefully I'll be able to track down what its comming from.

Here are pastebins of the errors, I don't like cluttering forums with code.

http://pastebin.com/KMky2uT8 This appears to be a render error for Thaumic Esotera

http://pastebin.com/Pp6xJh0r This is for the advanced drawbridge

Both were on 0.5.10

The crash with the Thaumic Esotera tB should be fixed now sonce I updated Thaumic Exploration in 0.5.11. I'll have to check out the TMech bug myself, but if you have a crash report that would be rrally helpful.

As for the spikes, are those happeming server-side or client side? I get some lag spikes whenever I start up a new testworld, but Fastcraft usually helps take care of that for me. You can try using it if you already haven't, but results may vary.

Edit: Btw I submitted 0.5.11 last night. It's live on Technic and will probably live on FTB within 72 hours.

soupmeister

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought for the next version. I've been finding Enhanced Portals to be a great addition to the pack, as it saves a lot of time by removing the need to refuel / launch, etc. when you forgot one item back on the overworld. It was decently balanced at the time, because the necessary Ender Pearls were in short supply due to the insanity that is the Hardcore Ender mod. It's a little OP now due to getting upwards of a stack of Pearls from the Enderminy swarms, but might still be something to consider.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info on 0.5.11 we are running 0.5.10 currently.
Here are pastebins of the errors, I don't like cluttering forums with code.

http://pastebin.com/KMky2uT8 This appears to be a render error for Thaumic Esotera

http://pastebin.com/Pp6xJh0r This is for the advanced drawbridge

Both were on 0.5.10

Alright the Thaumic Exploration error should be fixed with Thaumic Exploration 1.1.22 (according to the Github commits) (though @boondockArtist says otherwise)

That Tinkers' Mechworks error is reported, and there is a PR that is supposed to fix it. I will see if using a custom build with that PR merged fixes the issue (that should be in 0.5.12 or 0.6.x)

Just a thought for the next version. I've been finding Enhanced Portals to be a great addition to the pack, as it saves a lot of time by removing the need to refuel / launch, etc. when you forgot one item back on the overworld. It was decently balanced at the time, because the necessary Ender Pearls were in short supply due to the insanity that is the Hardcore Ender mod. It's a little OP now due to getting upwards of a stack of Pearls from the Enderminy swarms, but might still be something to consider.
I like that mod too, but I prefer that people use the Rocket Ships to travel between dimensions. Though if you look around there is a portal already added by a certain tech mod ;)

when trying on the logisitc pipes hud glasses the client crashes. even when relogging i crash instantly

http://pastebin.com/c9pd6pkP
I see you already reported that on GitHub, so we'll wait and see until one of the devs respond.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Damn Fawkes your updating fast again!

Have you thought about adding an IRC relay mod and setting up a Flux Glaxay IIRC so we can have an ingame community?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Damn Fawkes your updating fast again!

Have you thought about adding an IRC relay mod and setting up a Flux Glaxay IIRC so we can have an ingame community?
Yup I already added it in my 0.6.x instance. I'm trying to get something similar to what TPPI has: A GUI that lets you enable/disable it on first launch. I know some people don't want to chat, so I'd like to give them an option upfront.

Probably after forge 10.13.1 gets stable.

Gonna start working on 0.6.x soon. Hoping to add Minechem and IRC chat in that. IRC will probably be connected to the #fluxgalaxy channel on irc.synirc.net. They provide cloaks, so your IP/hostname won't be exposed.
That was almost 2 weeks ago :p

Regarding 0.6.x:
I've just been waiting for CoFHCore, since I'd like to change up the ore-gen, but might just push that back or not do it now. I've added a couple new mods: Harvestcraft, Super Crafting Frame, Warp Theory and "a fun mod I won't name" :). I will add SpiceOfLife, but have it disabled by default. I think it pairs well with Harvestcraft and gives reason to make different foods, but I don't want to force that upon people. As for MineChem, I haven't gotten around to installing and playing with it, so I will probably hold off on adding it.

Therevrun

Jul 29, 2019
There are some Items that are searchable as unnamed. Did you change those or is my build just wrong? And if you did is there a way to revert them back? Sorry I'm ripping apart your mod pack as a way to learn to build them. But I am enjoying playing.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
There are some Items that are searchable as unnamed. Did you change those or is my build just wrong? And if you did is there a way to revert them back? Sorry I'm ripping apart your mod pack as a way to learn to build them. But I am enjoying playing.
I believe those are not properly defined by their mods, so they are just called Unnamed.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Yup I already added it in my 0.6.x instance. I'm trying to get something similar to what TPPI has: A GUI that lets you enable/disable it on first launch. I know some people don't want to chat, so I'd like to give them an option upfront.

That was almost 2 weeks ago :p

Regarding 0.6.x:
I've just been waiting for CoFHCore, since I'd like to change up the ore-gen, but might just push that back or not do it now. I've added a couple new mods: Harvestcraft, Super Crafting Frame, Warp Theory and "a fun mod I won't name" :). I will add SpiceOfLife, but have it disabled by default. I think it pairs well with Harvestcraft and gives reason to make different foods, but I don't want to force that upon people. As for MineChem, I haven't gotten around to installing and playing with it, so I will probably hold off on adding it.

Minechem is fun, but also incredibly easy to make over powered. It has a very early infinite loop... And wow I missed the IIRC comment, then agin not been on the forums much the last few weeks. I vote for SoL just for the lovely GUI it puts on foods showing how much hunger and how saturating it is, as well as adding saturation levels to the hunger bar.

As for the bun but nameless mod... any hints?

soupmeister

Jul 29, 2019
Have any changes been made to Big Reactors? I can't seem to get my turbine to turn into a multiblock with Fluxed Electrum or Enderium coils, but works fine with gold blocks.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Have any changes been made to Big Reactors? I can't seem to get my turbine to turn into a multiblock with Fluxed Electrum or Enderium coils, but works fine with gold blocks.
According to various issues reported on the BigReactors GitHub, that bug will be fixed when CoFHCore releases a new version.

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
"However, one thing that is unique is the space-based progression implemented."
that alone sold the pack to me, though i haven't started playing it. i like this kind of progression more than quests. i'm waiting for the next(?) version which you said will include Harvestcraft. then this pack will be splendid!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarma92