[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
If that's happening, it's a bug, but I'm unable to reproduce it. Can you post a screenshot so I know exactly how everything is set up?

Also, make sure you're running the latest version of the mod.

Yeah I have double checked and I have the latest versions of Engineer'sToolbox and EMasherResource installed.

Real simple setup that involved a chest and two sockets.
Socket #1 has an Extractor Input on top (for pulling out of the chest it is under), Item Output on the bottom, and a Redstone Input on the north face.
Socket #2 has an Redstone timer on the south face, placed on the north side of Socket #1 (so that the timer pulses to work the Extractor Input).
Connecting to the bottom of Socket #1 is BC's Golden Transport Pipe, heading straight down into a third socket that is configured as a Grinder machine.

Every time I see ore drop through the Golden Transport Pipe, it never gets subtracted from the stack of ore sitting in the chest at the top. If you still need screenshots, I'll come up with something.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay. I found the source of the bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

A much simpler setup would be to just place an item input module and hopper on top of the socket with the grinder on it, or alternatively, an item extractor module (without any redstone control configuration so that it just constantly pulls items) and a chest, if you need the extra buffer.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay. I found the source of the bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

A much simpler setup would be to just place an item input module and hopper on top of the socket with the grinder on it, or alternatively, an item extractor module (without any redstone control configuration so that it just constantly pulls items) and a chest, if you need the extra buffer.

Thanks for fixing it!

Basically I had a situation where I had a chest on one floor, and the machines on the floor BELOW. I wanted to just pull out of the chest down onto the 'machine floor' and do all the grinding / smelting.. then push it back up to a 2nd chest on the upper floor. Worked fine.. except for that little 'infinite dupe' bug thing. I ended up just replacing the pipe and 'extractor machine' with a stack of vanilla hoppers. (shrug)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Do you happen to have a Donation button? I'm updating some things on the ATLauncher and noticed I couldn't find one. One of the cool things the ATLauncher does is provide my mod pack with a web page that has links to all of the mod's websites, credit due, that sort of thing, and it also gives me a way to link a donate button from my page.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Do you happen to have a Donation button? I'm updating some things on the ATLauncher and noticed I couldn't find one. One of the cool things the ATLauncher does is provide my mod pack with a web page that has links to all of the mod's websites, credit due, that sort of thing, and it also gives me a way to link a donate button from my page.

I actually don't accept donations.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Emasher,
Can you give me a quick rundown on all the ores added by Emasher resource..and what their general equivalent are? I am trying to go through my configs and turn off all the conflicting ores that I have generating in the world. Would be a great help if I knew quickly what the heck Casseterite Ore was equivalent to. :)

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Emasher,
Can you give me a quick rundown on all the ores added by Emasher resource..and what their general equivalent are? I am trying to go through my configs and turn off all the conflicting ores that I have generating in the world. Would be a great help if I knew quickly what the heck Casseterite Ore was equivalent to. :)

Bauxite <==> "oreAluminium", "oreAluminum"
Cassiterite <==> "oreTin"
Native Copper <==> "oreCopper"
Galena <==> "oreLead"
Pentlandite <==> "oreNickel" (Thermal expansion calls this Ferrous ore)
Ruby <==> "oreRuby"
Sapphire <==> "oreSapphire"
Emery <==> "oreEmery" (I don't know of any other mods that add emery)

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Bauxite <==> "oreAluminium", "oreAluminum"
Cassiterite <==> "oreTin"
Native Copper <==> "oreCopper"
Galena <==> "oreLead"
Pentlandite <==> "oreNickel" (Thermal expansion calls this Ferrous ore)
Ruby <==> "oreRuby"
Sapphire <==> "oreSapphire"
Emery <==> "oreEmery" (I don't know of any other mods that add emery)

Thanks, you are a life saver!

By the way, the latest version of Engineer's Toolbox (1.4.3.3 ?) is running smooth as silk. Really love the mod!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Another quick question.. is Algae used for anything in Engineer's Toolbox? Or is that only GasCraft?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Just GasCraft at the moment. I can't guarantee it won't be used in Engineer's Toolbox in the future though.

I'm glad to hear you haven't found any bugs in 1.1.4.3 though. I'm really trying to get things more stable at the moment before adding new features again.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Emasher, I really do think that you would add a lot to your mod if you made a "Sawmill" / "Lumber Mill" style module. It is just about the only thing you are missing.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Emasher, another quick question! (Sorry if I am hassling you, heh.)

Maybe I am not seeing it but.. does Engineer's Toolbox have Obsidian generation capabilities? (I am looking for a mechanical route for generating obsidian in 1.6.2 since there is a lack of Thermal Expansion.) I suspect that I will have to go the complex route and make a redstone obsidian generator, then use your block breakers. I just did not know if you could suggest an alternate route.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Emasher, another quick question! (Sorry if I am hassling you, heh.)

Maybe I am not seeing it but.. does Engineer's Toolbox have Obsidian generation capabilities? (I am looking for a mechanical route for generating obsidian in 1.6.2 since there is a lack of Thermal Expansion.) I suspect that I will have to go the complex route and make a redstone obsidian generator, then use your block breakers. I just did not know if you could suggest an alternate route.
I like this suggestion, how about this:

Lava Intake is basically a cobble-gen module. It doesn't require any consumption of materials because, quite frankly, you don't need to consume anything to make cobblestone.

How about this? A Lava Intake is basically a cobblegen. How about we do something similar, but it consumes lava when creating obsidian? The functionality I'm thinking of is that it will check a tank for at least one bucket of lava. If present, it will consume one bucket of lava to produce one obsidian, which then goes into a free inventory slot. If there is no free inventory slot, it will not function.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I like this suggestion, how about this:

Lava Intake is basically a cobble-gen module. It doesn't require any consumption of materials because, quite frankly, you don't need to consume anything to make cobblestone.

How about this? A Lava Intake is basically a cobblegen. How about we do something similar, but it consumes lava when creating obsidian? The functionality I'm thinking of is that it will check a tank for at least one bucket of lava. If present, it will consume one bucket of lava to produce one obsidian, which then goes into a free inventory slot. If there is no free inventory slot, it will not function.

Honestly I initially thought that the Lava Intake module was similar to the Water Intake module: it pulled in liquid lava in order to pump it out to another source. I was a tad surprised, after reading the tooltips while starting to make one.. that it was a cobblestone generator. When you reach the point that you do have the parts to MAKE a Socket and a Lava Intake module.. the last thing you NEED is more cobblestone (in my humble opinion). I figured that maybe I could put a Machine Output, Lava Intake, and Fluid Intake (Water) on one socket... and it would crank out obsidian instead of cobblestone. Unfortunately that did not work. :(

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I've been meaning to add something that can automate obsidian, but I've been pretty busy lately, so I've only really had time for bugfixes. If you have BuildCraft installed, you could use a floodgate to fill a single block chamber with lava, and then have water cooler module touching it to turn it to obsidian, then have another socket with an advanced block breaker, and a BUDS in non-directional mode (the default "purple" mode) to break the obsidian as soon as it forms.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I've been meaning to add something that can automate obsidian, but I've been pretty busy lately, so I've only really had time for bugfixes. If you have BuildCraft installed, you could use a floodgate to fill a single block chamber with lava, and then have water cooler module touching it to turn it to obsidian, then have another socket with an advanced block breaker, and a BUDS in non-directional mode (the default "purple" mode) to break the obsidian as soon as it forms.

That is a remarkably functional idea, thanks for the tip!

Also Emasher, I am quite sure no one is going to gripe for you being busy. Bugfixes are still necessary!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
That is a remarkably functional idea, thanks for the tip!

Also Emasher, I am quite sure no one is going to gripe for you being busy. Bugfixes are still necessary!
Slight problem with this solution: if it is flowing lava rather than still lava, it'll produce cobble instead of obsidian...

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Slight problem with this solution: if it is flowing lava rather than still lava, it'll produce cobble instead of obsidian...

The floodgate places full blocks. If you only allow it to fill a 1x1 space, there will never be any flowing lava present. Dig a 1x3 ditch, place the floodgate at one end and a water source at the other. The 1x1 space between them will form obsidian when the floodgate is running.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
ok can someone explain how to get a socket to work i have been trying for a while with no success im just trying to make an auto smelting furnace but all that happens in the cobble goes in one side and cobble comes out the other.