[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Earlier today I released a couple of bugfix updates for Emasher Resource (1.2.1.2) and Engineer's Toolbox (1.1.2.1). The update for Emasher Resource basically just changes the texture of Bauxite ore, as it was very difficult to distinguish from stone before. The update for Engineer's Toolbox fixes a bug that caused the water intake modules to not function at all (which has actually been present in all 1.6.2 releases, but somehow slipped under my radar, I guess people haven't tried using that module, I only found it myself when I finally got around to starting a 1.6.2 SSP world, and needed an infinite water source). I want to point out that they've been compiled against a different version of Forge than previous 1.6.2 releases, so if they don't work, try updating Forge (this shouldn't be the case though).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Plan on getting more feedback as I include Engineer's Toolbox into ShneekeyCraft. This should be a Good Thing for all involved.

Also, how does Hemp work? I've run into it in the wild, but it only drops a single hemp, which is turned into a single seed, which is planted on regular dirt (not on hoed soil) and returns a single hemp that doesn't seem to grow. What am I doing wrong here?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It can be planted on dirt, grass, gravel, sand, mixed dirt, and mixed sand, however, it will only grow if there's a water block adjacent to the block it's planted on, and it has sufficient light. It grows to 3 blocks high like sugar cane.

Ovralyne

Jul 29, 2019
EmasherResource is giving an API error with both of IC2's 1.6.2 builds (#400 and #401) despite your mod being labeled as 1.6.2 compatible. Am I doing something wrong, or has the API in your mod gone funky?

http://pastebin.com/WHNu92uA

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It only supports IC^2 experimental, as that's what most people are using now. It will not work with anything from the 1.118 branch.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an updated spotlight with this mod? I really want to learn more.

I have no idea. I had nothing to do with the ones that are in the OP. Someone just tweeted them at me, so I put up links to them because people kept asking for spotlight videos. As far as I know, there aren't any videos of the 1.6.2 versions at all.

If you want information on the newer stuff, I'd suggest looking up the modules you want to know about on the wiki.

Reactions: GPuzzle

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea. I had nothing to do with the ones that are in the OP. Someone just tweeted them at me, so I put up links to them because people kept asking for spotlight videos. As far as I know, there aren't any videos of the 1.6.2 versions at all.

If you want information on the newer stuff, I'd suggest looking up the modules you want to know about on the wiki.
Get direwolf20 to do a spotlight?

Ovralyne

Jul 29, 2019
It only supports IC^2 experimental, as that's what most people are using now. It will not work with anything from the 1.118 branch.

*Sudden understanding* OHHH, I had to go up a folder on Jenkins to see the Experimentals. I thought #400 and #401 were the only IC2 builds for 1.6.2, which really confused me xD Anyways, thanks.

Not to be a bother, but which IC2 experimental build is this mod built for? I'd rather not trial and error for hours.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Get direwolf20 to do a spotlight?

I'm not too keen on going around asking people to do spotlights.

*Sudden understanding* OHHH, I had to go up a folder on Jenkins to see the Experimentals. I thought #400 and #401 were the only IC2 builds for 1.6.2, which really confused me xD Anyways, thanks.

Not to be a bother, but which IC2 experimental build is this mod built for? I'd rather not trial and error for hours.

I think it's built against build 150. I know for sure that it works with that build since I have it installed in my actually-playing-the-game instance. That's the latest version of Emasher Resource anyway. Some of the older versions for 1.6.2 have an older version of the API which might not work with it.

I'm still fighting with my recording software playing well with Minecraft, but I'll see about creating some kind of spotlight

Sounds great. Let me know if you do end up making one, and I'll throw up a link in the OP.

Reactions: Geometry

Ovralyne

Jul 29, 2019
Still getting issues, but at least Emasher and IC2 seem to be playing nicely together. Thanks for the help!

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
GasCraft (Engineer's Toolbox's first official add-on) 2.0.0.0 is now out for Minecraft 1.6.2.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Just released a bugfix update for GasCraft (2.0.0.1).

It re-adds the the natural gas -> propellent recipe for BuildCraft refineries, fixes a few crashes, and adds new textures for all the gases.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I've just released updates for Engineer's Toolbox and GasCraft. The primary focus of these updates is fool proofing sockets. Modules can now only be placed on the sides of sockets that they'll work on, and there are also now tooltips for all the modules explaining what they do and how to configure them. There were also various bugfixes in the updates, as well as other minor changes. You should check out the full changelog on the wiki for more details.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I would LOVE to make use of Engineer's Toolbox ... but it is about as colorblind hostile as you can get, unfortunately. Are there any plans to adjust this? Maybe make a tool I can right click on a socket face that brings up a GUI with adjustable settings for THAT specific socket face?

I think Engineer's Toolbox has an amazing amount of potential, I just cannot make use of it myself unfortunately.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I would LOVE to make use of Engineer's Toolbox ... but it is about as colorblind hostile as you can get, unfortunately. Are there any plans to adjust this? Maybe make a tool I can right click on a socket face that brings up a GUI with adjustable settings for THAT specific socket face?

I think Engineer's Toolbox has an amazing amount of potential, I just cannot make use of it myself unfortunately.

Actually, it has a colourblind mode which can be enabled in the config. It changes the texture of the socket remote so they can be identified without needing to differentiate colours, as well as uses string prefixes rather than colours for the tool tips. It won't help you with the indicators on the sockets themselves, however, they are always in the same place and order (Blue, Green, Red, Purple), so there shouldn't be a huge problem there.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
What about the socket remote, tho? I have no real feedback on what color it is currently set to. Plus it seems like some sockets have two colors, others have three or one. I've got to remember (or make note of) which socket plates have which colors.. in which order.

I'll reinstall it and give it another go with your colorblind settings turned on and see how it plays out but an actual GUI for configuring socket plates would be fantastic.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
What about the socket remote, tho? I have no real feedback on what color it is currently set to. Plus it seems like some sockets have two colors, others have three or one. I've got to remember (or make note of) which socket plates have which colors.. in which order.

I'll reinstall it and give it another go with your colorblind settings turned on and see how it plays out but an actual GUI for configuring socket plates would be fantastic.

When colourblind mode is enabled, the socket remote has a white dot in the black rectangle corresponding to which mode it's in. In order from left to right, then top to bottom they go: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, White, Yellow, Cyan. The remote also has tooltips that describe the mode it's in.

The different indicators are ALWAYS in the same place regardless of which ones are enabled for a particular module. The blue one is always going to be in the left-most of the four spaces for them, and so on. There's no reason to make notes on all the different modules.