[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
ok can someone explain how to get a socket to work i have been trying for a while with no success im just trying to make an auto smelting furnace but all that happens in the cobble goes in one side and cobble comes out the other.

I highly encourage you to watch the Mod Spotlight listed towards the bottom of the first post before really diving into this mod. It is a rather complex mod with extensive amounts of configurability, a fair amount of which gets explained in the Mod Spotlight.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Those mod spotlights won't really help him with this particular problem unfortunately, since machines have changed completely since those were made. I think I'm going to have to record my own tutorial videos at some point.

In any case, instead of the item output module you're most likely using, you want a machine output module which should be configured to use an inventory (green indicator) other than the one that the item input and furnace are set to use.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Those mod spotlights won't really help him with this particular problem unfortunately, since machines have changed completely since those were made. I think I'm going to have to record my own tutorial videos at some point.

In any case, instead of the item output module you're most likely using, you want a machine output module which should be configured to use an inventory (green indicator) other than the one that the item input and furnace are set to use.
Yea, I'm still having intermittent sound problems on my recording, and I won't know if I got cut off or not until I get done processing the video, which is enormously time consuming.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Emasher, pitch for a possible new socket module: The Fishery

Panel must be face down over a minimum 3x3x1 body of water, burns 1 MJ/t for a 1 in 8 chance of catching a fish. Have it produce just the stock 'Fish' from current versions of minecraft, even in 1.7+ with the fishing improvements. This means that it can be used as a supplemental method for generating food but it ONLY ever catches boring regular fish, never treasure / loot / junk.

Thoughts?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems too cheap to me to be added to the mod. It would be fairly easy for someone else to write such a module using the API though.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Well this was originally a machine in MineFactory Reloaded, which is currently in a rather nebulous state of development. (Yes it is being developed, but it is not an 'authorized verison' per say.) I kind of miss it, hence my suggestion. (shrug)

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It's just not something that I think fits in with the mod very well. There are unofficial builds of MFR that work in 1.6.2, and some that work in 1.6.4, so you'd be better off checking out those if you want that sort of functionality.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Something not fitting in with the theme of the mod I can totally understand.

Unfortunately for the MineFactory Reloaded thing, the unofficial builds circulating out there are without PowerCrystals' permission (the original creator) and actually go against his stated license for the use of his mods. So out of respect for PowerCrystals, I am not going to touch the "MFR Unofficial" versions. Doesn't seem right (shrug).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Good news/Bad Newsa.

Bad News: My computer is dead. The Power Supply back-surged into the motherboard.

Good news: Since I need a new computer anyways, I might as well get me a GOOD one. I should have far less problems with recording lag from here on out, once I get and assemble this system. I'll be going from dual-core to 8-core, with an increase of almost a full MHz of processor speed, and (only) doubling my RAM in the process (going from DDR2 to DDR3 and increasing memory speed significantly).

Once I obtain this system (the exact specs are in the Tech forum), I'll give it a stress test trying to record a spotlight for Engineer's Toolbox.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox 1.1.5.0/GasCraft 2.0.2.0 Update

The primary new feature of Engineer's Toolbox 1.1.5.0 is the auto mining system. It's based around an ancient Roman mining technique known as "hushing", although, the idea has been adapted to fit better with the mod. Essentially, it eats chunks by spraying water at them.

The "husher" module must be placed on the bottom of a socket, and then must be configured to use one of the internal tanks. You can then either put water or slickwater in the tank, but water is less effective. The husher will then begin to randomly destroy blocks below it within a 3x3 area, and replace them with blocks of whichever fluid you used. The blocks that were removed will then be output via a machine output installed somewhere on the socket. You can can configure the husher's range by installing a range selector module on the socket, and using the socket remote's generic (white) mode to change the range. The first (highest) setting will mine a 1x1 area, and the last one will mine a 19x19 area. You can also install a pressurizer module somewhere on the socket to improve its effectiveness, however, it will only function if it can get 240 MJ every 10 ticks. The effectiveness of the husher is as follows:

Water - No Pressurizer
Can mine blocks softer than stone

Water - Pressurizer
Can mine all blocks above y level 32

Slickwater - No Pressurizer
Can mine all blocks softer than obsidian

Slickwater - Pressurizer
Can mine all breakable blocks

The pressurizer module also increases the capacity of all internal tanks from 8000 mB to 32000 mB. It does not require power to do this.

The main focus of the GasCraft 2.0.2.0 update was to get rid of the reliance on having BuildCraft or Railcraft installed in order to use the mod for power generation. The update adds two new power generators, the gas generator, and the gas turbine. The gas generator is capable of burning hydrogen, natural gas, and BuildCraft fuel to produce power (the amount depends on the type of fuel). When burning natural gas or fuel, smoke will be output from the top of the socket the gas generator is installed on. You can place a chimney on top of the socket to collect the smoke, and then do with it as you see fit. The gas turbine produces a much smaller ammount of power from gas in its configured internal tank. You may want to consider using the smoke output from the gas generator to run a gas turbine.

The update also adds a refinery module, which can process any single ingredient BuildCraft refinery recipes.

Finally there's a new gas called corrosive gas which is produced by combining propellent and quicklime in the mixer. Corrosive gas deals large amounts of damage to mods entities however, if it comes into contact with villagers, zombies, or witches, it turns them into skeletons, but retains their current equipment. Zombie pigmen suffer a similar fate, however, there is a 25% chance they will turn into a wither skeleton rather than a normal one. If corrosive gas comes into contact with an enderman, it will instantly kill the enderman, and 100% of the time will drop 2 ender pearls.

Please make sure you have also updated Emasher Resource to version 1.2.1.4.

Mod developers should note that the API has been updated.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It's from GasCraft - if I'm not mistaken, it requires a mixer, water and something else.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
You combine water with either sand, mixed dirt, mixed sand, or ground limestone in the mixer.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so I can use your new mining method with just Emasher Resource & Engineer's Toolbox installed? Awesome!
You can, but you need GasCraft for the more efficient way of doing so. C'mon, it's a great mod with some new interesting generation of power.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Slickwater and the mixer are actually part of ET now rather than GasCraft. They have been since GasCraft 2.0.0.0 came out as the husher's been planned for some time now.