[1.7.10] Cacophony Inc. - Find your Voice (HQM, ~300 quests, >700 Reward Bags)

D

DerpPie

Since the squid spawns were reduced. The Nautilus spawn rates are insane! I haven't seen a fish or squid since the update haha, any way to decrease the spawn rate for them?

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a server and one of our players also ran into the capacitor bug. He made a harden capacitor which then changed into a creative one.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add automagy to the pack?

skidznet says she'll look into it, this is the first she's heard of it.

I'm playing on a server and one of our players also ran into the capacitor bug. He made a harden capacitor which then changed into a creative one.

Great news that you updated. However, now that I could finish the quests that didnt accept the items, the next one also won't accept one item. Namely the "tip your servers" quest from chapter 6 doesn't accept the 1k me storage cells. (You told me that I can use hqm edit to skip these quests, but I dont have permission to use that command.)

Also, a strange thing just happened that didn't happen before the patch. I picked up my resonant energy cell that I used to do earlier, but then after about 10 seconds of sitting in my inventory it turned into a redstone energy cell. Another 10 seconds, it turned into a hardened energy cell, 10 seconds, into a creative energy cell. It stopped there, didn't cycle anymore. I withdrew 2 hardened energy cells I had in a chest, they also turned into a creative energy cell the same way. Edit: the hardened energy cell I found under a warning sign didn't work; it didn't accept energy while a crafted one worked correctly.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier (before this patch). Some reward chests anywhere or below warning signs I found hardened energy cells, and I think hardened flux capacitors. Some worked well, but some turned into their creative versions when i picked them up or put them into my inventory from the chest. I found only a few (2 or 3 of each), but it seemed to have happened to about half of them, just like the food rewards - that probably got fixed now - half of those disappeared on use.

There is a repeatable quest where you can hand in 1 bacon. But it has no recipe and I have no clue how to get them. Any idea? Or maybe you could add some description or hint on it in the quest book.

I guess we'll have to keep chipping away at these reward detection issues as they get uncovered. Thanks for your patience.

As for the energy cell thing, it seems like it could be the same underlying cause as this issue, which might be fixed in the newest Thermal Expansion release (or it might not). I'll have to work out a repro for it so I can tell for sure.

Since the squid spawns were reduced. The Nautilus spawn rates are insane! I haven't seen a fish or squid since the update haha, any way to decrease the spawn rate for them?

Hmm, skidznet specifically told me to watch out for this kind of issue, and I didn't see it during my testing. I'll look at it again over a longer period of time.

Last edited:

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Those who are having the issue where the energy cells are changing types: do you have any more information about what you were doing at the time that might help me figure out what's causing it? I can't seem to reproduce it myself.

Is it just after you drop it and pick it up? Is it immediately after you craft it? Is it only when you pick it up with a wrench? Have you added or removed any other mods? Does it happen in single-player? Does it happen every time? Does this happen when the server (or your client, if single-player) is on Java 8?

Maybe record a video of it happening, if you can reproduce it reliably?

Stuff like that. Because I have yet to see it happen.

Lebotats

Jul 29, 2019
Those who are having the issue where the energy cells are changing types: do you have any more information about what you were doing at the time that might help me figure out what's causing it? I can't seem to reproduce it myself.

Is it just after you drop it and pick it up? Is it immediately after you craft it? Is it only when you pick it up with a wrench? Have you added or removed any other mods? Does it happen in single-player? Does it happen every time? Does this happen when the server (or your client, if single-player) is on Java 8?

Maybe record a video of it happening, if you can reproduce it reliably?

Stuff like that. Because I have yet to see it happen.
it happened to me while trying to craft a jetpack.. of all tier types.. I had a chest connected to a tinkers crafting table.. i made the flux capacitor first.. then proceeded to close the window and try to craft the other components.. in that time the capacitor would switch.

Cinobi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. First, thx for your pack, it's very good. Second. When I entered twinlight forest my pc is starting melting. The rison is - Aquatic Abyss mod. Millions of fish in each water area. I was forsed to delete this mod, and maybe broke some quests(?). It is not good, right?

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
What is the Tinker's construct pick that I can use to break ore? I have a flint pick, and my quest wants me to get copper. But my flint pick isn't breaking ore?

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
What is the Tinker's construct pick that I can use to break ore? I have a flint pick, and my quest wants me to get copper. But my flint pick isn't breaking ore?

The quest task description should tell you what to do -- use the zombie head you got from the previous quest reward to upgrade your pickaxe so it can mine Copper. If you don't have the zombie head anymore (or any other mob head), you can instead mine a bunch of stone with it (you'll probably have to repair it once or twice) to get enough mining XP so it can level up the same way.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
So we haven't updated this in a while. You've probably never heard this anywhere else before, but we've been busy with life. I've been picking away at things, and I'm pushing to get all these fixes into a new release after this weekend. Here's the status on some of the things that have been brought up so far:
  1. For the issue where things are turning into other things, we're still not able to even see the issue happen on our own environments, let alone reduce it to a minimal set of steps (both of us have tried quite a bit). If someone can get us a specific set of repro steps that we can follow to semi-reliably get some item to change into some other item unexpectedly, we'll give it another go, but until then, I feel like I'm just throwing valuable time away the more I try.
  2. I've been able to work around the issue where Aquatic Abyss causes water areas in the Twilight Forest to melt even the secret government supercomputers that we obviously test this on.
    1. If you're super antsy about this one (it really sucks, I know) and don't mind manually replacing mods, replace cacophonyjanitor in "mods" with this. That link may stop working a few days after we have an official release you can get from the FTB launcher.
  3. No movement on automagy -- I think skidznet just forgot, I reminded her.
  4. I've also been able to bring the nautilus spawn rates down so that they're significantly rarer than squids.
  5. For the dinosaurs dying unexpectedly, this is another "we need repro steps" kind of thing. It's not something we've seen.
  6. A couple more quests have been fixed so that they can be completed now...
If I've left something out that was brought up on this thread that hasn't been addressed, please remind me.

Reactions: Pein

Lebotats

Jul 29, 2019
So we haven't updated this in a while. You've probably never heard this anywhere else before, but we've been busy with life. I've been picking away at things, and I'm pushing to get all these fixes into a new release after this weekend. Here's the status on some of the things that have been brought up so far:
  1. For the issue where things are turning into other things, we're still not able to even see the issue happen on our own environments, let alone reduce it to a minimal set of steps (both of us have tried quite a bit). If someone can get us a specific set of repro steps that we can follow to semi-reliably get some item to change into some other item unexpectedly, we'll give it another go, but until then, I feel like I'm just throwing valuable time away the more I try.
  2. I've been able to work around the issue where Aquatic Abyss causes water areas in the Twilight Forest to melt even the secret government supercomputers that we obviously test this on.
    1. If you're super antsy about this one (it really sucks, I know) and don't mind manually replacing mods, replace cacophonyjanitor in "mods" with this. That link may stop working a few days after we have an official release you can get from the FTB launcher.
  3. No movement on automagy -- I think skidznet just forgot, I reminded her.
  4. I've also been able to bring the nautilus spawn rates down so that they're significantly rarer than squids.
  5. For the dinosaurs dying unexpectedly, this is another "we need repro steps" kind of thing. It's not something we've seen.
  6. A couple more quests have been fixed so that they can be completed now...
If I've left something out that was brought up on this thread that hasn't been addressed, please remind me.
Did you try #1 on a server. That is where it has been happening.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Tip your servers quest seems bugged. wont accept the 1k storage cells

Try again after putting it in a ME Drive and then taking it back out. I'm a bit nervous about changing this, because if I make it NBT-independent / fuzzy, it opens up the door for people to lose the items they have stored because they didn't realize they had a non-empty one in their inventory while submitting an empty one.

Lebotats

Jul 29, 2019
Try again after putting it in a ME Drive and then taking it back out. I'm a bit nervous about changing this, because if I make it NBT-independent / fuzzy, it opens up the door for people to lose the items they have stored because they didn't realize they had a non-empty one in their inventory while submitting an empty one.
by putting them into the drive then removing them and submitting worked..

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
I've submitted 1.1.3 for FTB approval. No mod version updates this time either, hopefully that'll be the next one.

Changes since 1.1.2:
  1. Nautilus spawn rate lowered significantly, to be rarer than squids on average.
  2. Aquatic Abyss mobs no longer spawn in Twilight Forest biomes.
    1. If your world is currently SWAMPED by this problem from older versions, have a server op go to Twilight Forest and do this command: "/cofh killall aquatic".
  3. "Six Degrees of Bacon" quest now has a description to say where Bacon comes from.
  4. "free wifi" quest should now detect any Wireless Terminal.
  5. "Because I think it is Funny" quest should now detect properly.
  6. "tip your servers" consume task now has a slightly more helpful description.
Server admins:
Changes from 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3
  1. Replaced "mods/cacophonyjanitor-1.0.0.jar" with "mods/cacophonyjanitor-1.0.1.jar".
  2. Updated "config/hqm/quests.hqm"
Also, as a note, if you're running into the issue where mobs stop spawning after a while on a server (especially after a blood moon), I've had some success doing this:
  1. Stop the server.
  2. In server.properties, turn view-distance up to 11.
  3. Add "Forge Essentials" to the server.
  4. Start the server up again.
  5. When the server is ready, run "/butcher world hostile".
After doing all those things, I was seeing hostile mobs start to spawn again on our server.

Lebotats

Jul 29, 2019
Its a little late as you put in the update in. in the quest UPDATE COMPLETE i can not get the 64k storage cell to turn i
nn.

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
I still have my same problem as my original post, but I've been able to ignore that for now. My new problem is that I did all the quests I could, and the pink ender-thing quest, I did it, but no quest opened elsewhere. The ones in the pics are the only ones I have available. http://imgur.com/a/YhzzX

C

cactusdoodad

Hello, Just joined the Forums just for this modpack because I love it.
I noticed some poeple having problems with their items changing suddenly(like energy cells).
This is definitely caused by the "Repairs other items in the inventory" effect and has to do with how some mods code their items/blocks (ie Quiverbows mod also has this problem).
To avoid this problem, just unequip the armor/ store the item with the effect when your planning on making/carrying known affected items like Thermal Expansion -> items/blocks with damage bars in the inventory(It will "repair" them until it hits 0 damage then cycle to the next item assigned).