[1.7.10] Cacophony Inc. - Find your Voice (HQM, ~300 quests, >700 Reward Bags)

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided to look at all the later quests on a separate world... muffin button. All i have to say.

Oh, and all the other references that i understood.

Reactions: AirBreather

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any suggestions where to find these? I played a lot, but I've never seen any. Should I just keep walking around anywhere in the dark and hope one of the mobs will be that? Edit: I actually just got a spawn human egg from a basic bag that kind of solved this problem... And gave me another. I need to kill the ender dragon, but I already killed it. Is there any way to summon it again? Edit 2: Actually, its just killing an enderman, not the ender dragon. It's just that in the description of the quest it is "new" again instead of the monster's name, and I could only guess by its face.

Also, for some reason my animals keep disappearing or dying. I breed them, and the next time I'm there breeding again there arent as many as there was. About half of them disappear. I found meat dropped twice, and probably about fifteen cases nothing. They are seperated, and there are no hostile or any other mobs nearby.

What is your opinion on the Gendustry mod? The original way of breeding bees is very bad in my opinion, or at least I'm not very good at it. The new types of bees just revert back to their original specie too often, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to get to later mutations. Also as far as I know you need to put apiaries in their biome, which sometimes just seem impossible (too far, need chunk loaders). Even with industrial apiaries and mutators it is quite a grinding to get to end-game species.

I think the player-like mobs spawn at night like regular monsters do. I'll see if there are any more "New" things I can fix.

Make sure you fence in your animals. If there's just regular blocks next to them, they can push each other into the blocks and suffocate themselves (I think this is a vanilla thing).

As for Gendustry, skidznet doesn't like it for some reason. I never really asked why, I'll have her poke her head in here to say a word or two about it.

What levels does manganese ore spawn at? I have 17 diamonds and no manganese for steel.

According to the configs, it looks like it gets sprinkled anywhere from 0 to 128. So I guess you kinda have to be lucky.

Villages: Are they out or just rare?

We made them extremely rare, because if you find one early game, you're set for life. In early versions before we worked out how to tweak the rarity, it was a real problem that we would spawn, go a hundred blocks, and then find a village that solved all our problems. I think this rate feels right (I've seen one or two at most since tweaking this rate, apart from Farlanders villages).

In other news, I really need to get to fixing some of the open issues this weekend. I don't feel great having that armor stand issue sticking around as long as it has...

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for some reason my animals keep disappearing or dying.
Do you have them fenced in or in a hole? Sometimes the die from glitching into walls and floor.
Yeah, I was keeping them in holes, didn't know about it, thanks.

There are two quests where it wouldnt accept my items it requires. I dont know why.
One is "Researching your options" from chapter 7, it doesnt accept iron capped wooden wands, the other is "blind as a battery" from chapter 6 where it doesnt accept energy cells. I made a quick video about it trying to craft them and the quest book not accepting it.
Any idea what it happens, or am I doing something wrong?
(Can I just have the video be a link in this forum instead of unnecessarily widening the forum?)

I'm wondering, is the bad grammar in the quest book intentional?

Last edited:

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019

There are two quests where it wouldnt accept my items it requires. I dont know why.
One is "Researching your options" from chapter 7, it doesnt accept iron capped wooden wands, the other is "blind as a battery" from chapter 6 where it doesnt accept energy cells. I made a quick video about it trying to craft them and the quest not accepting it.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add those to the list of things to fix. For the time being, feel free to do a "/hqm edit" and use the book it adds to shift-click the incomplete tasks to progress.

Some bad grammar in the quest book is intentional, especially when Voice of Indolence speaks (Voice of Passion too, probably). It's part of their character writing. The task descriptions on the right-hand side should be straight.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

One is "Researching your options" from chapter 7, it doesnt accept iron capped wooden wands, the other is "blind as a battery" from chapter 6 where it doesnt accept energy cells. I made a quick video about it trying to craft them and the quest book not accepting it.
(Can I just have the video be a link in this forum instead of unnecessarily widening the forum?)

If you surround the walls of the holes with glass that should keep them safe.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I've submitted 1.1.2 for FTB approval. Fixes from 1.1.1 are:
  1. Squids no longer spawn at an insanely high rate. Hopefully this should improve performance.
  2. Signalum, Enderium, and Lumium have had their damage reduced. Signalum is still above Tartarite (though only slightly), but it also had its durability reduced significantly.
  3. Visceral Heap should no longer generate anew in the Overworld. Existing worlds may have to live with some odd remnants of the earlier ID conflicts, but not anything gamebreaking.
  4. Added a more helpful description for the killing task on "Hiring Security Guards".
  5. Made the description for "Making HEADway" more accurate.
  6. Updated Hunger Overhaul to a newer version than the latest CurseForge release, which fixed the issue where food from certain chests disappears when you try to eat it. Existing worlds may still have some "ghost food" lying around that was generated before the update.
  7. Added mob names for the killing tasks on "Stuf i SO need II", "TO THE VOID!", and "Gotta Have More EXPLOSIONS!".
  8. Fixed Barley Seed and Rye Seed detection for "Starcrossed Clovers", wand detection for "Researching your options", and energy cell detection for "blind as a battery".
  9. Changed the boots for the Armor Stand ruin. If you have an existing world, stay far away from the Travelers Boots found on armor stands already in the world... we can't retroactively fix those. New ruins will spawn with Plastic Boots now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
  10. Added a bunch of new ruins skidznet made.
  11. Fixed a typo in a reward bag name.

Server admins:
Sorry I didn't post this after 1.1.1, let me catch up...

Changes from 1.1.0 --> 1.1.1
  1. Updated several mods (see first post for the list).
  2. Replaced Archimedes Ships with Archimedes Ships Plus.
  3. Added AutoPackager and Aquatic Abyss.
  4. Updated config/hqm/quests.hqm.
OK, now that that's out of the way...

Changes from 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2
  1. Updated "config/hqm/quests.hqm".
  2. Added "mods/squidless-1.7.10-0.6.1.jar".
  3. Changed "config/IguanaTinkerTweaks/MaterialOverride.cfg" to nerf a few materials that skidznet thought were overpowered, after Nettehlol prompted us to take a new look at them.
  4. Changed some conflicting biome IDs in "config/biomesoplenty/ids.cfg".
  5. Updated "mods/HungerOverhaul-1.7.10-1.0.0.jenkins86.jar" to the latest successful build from the developer's Jenkins.
  6. New ruins, moved ruins, etc. Just delete "mods/resources/ruins" and replace it with the new version from the server download.

Last edited:

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Some things we couldn't squeeze in today, but are on our radar and coming soon:
  1. Add Binnie Patcher so we can update Forestry to 4.x, as well as the growing number of mods that depend on it.
  2. More ruins for under the sea that I never got the opportunity to get spawning right.

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug on the Fossils and Archeology Revival Mod:
When right clicking an Egg with the DinoPedia Book it will crash the client. It also happens sometimes when right clicking the Dino.
I assume the same will happen on a server but have not test it yet.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
When right clicking an Egg with the DinoPedia Book it will crash the client. It also happens sometimes when right clicking the Dino.

My son has had the same problem. I don't seem to have the problem. I did some research on it and it seems some people have it and some don't. I never could find a reason for it happening to some and not others.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019

My son has had the same problem. I don't seem to have the problem. I did some research on it and it seems some people have it and some don't. I never could find a reason for it happening to some and not others.

What versions of Java are you guys running? (6? 7? 8?) 64-bit or 32-bit?

Can someone post a crash log of this, please? OpenEye is timing out when I try to search crashes by tag >.<

Last edited:

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to solve the problem with game crashing using the DinoPedia.
I will always crash when using the Artifact: Magnetic Field Shoes (4184:73)
Client will crash not the server.
As soon you remove the shoes DinoPedia works fine.

i found out that is not the first Artifact causing some issues. Artifacts Mod is cool but a little buggy with other mods.

i hope this helps other. If game crash remove all your Artifacts and try again.

H

HeveaPlayz

Hi i have seen videos of the pack but for some reason at the end of loading the mods minecraft stops working and crashes if anyone has a solution for me i would love to hear it

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i have seen videos of the pack but for some reason at the end of loading the mods minecraft stops working and crashes if anyone has a solution for me i would love to hear it
Have you gotten the pack to work before? If not, try deleting the folder and redownloading it. If that doesn't work try downgrading to a previous version. If that doesn't work, make sure modded minecraft works at all by trying a different 1.7.10 pack (no, I am not kidding, that has happened to me before).

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Make sure your Java is Up to date before doing anything else. Then if it still will not load reinstall the pack by force update. Sometimes it just doesn't install right. After that try the other suggestion from the other post.

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
Great news that you updated. However, now that I could finish the quests that didnt accept the items, the next one also won't accept one item. Namely the "tip your servers" quest from chapter 6 doesn't accept the 1k me storage cells. (You told me that I can use hqm edit to skip these quests, but I dont have permission to use that command.)

Also, a strange thing just happened that didn't happen before the patch. I picked up my resonant energy cell that I used to do earlier, but then after about 10 seconds of sitting in my inventory it turned into a redstone energy cell. Another 10 seconds, it turned into a hardened energy cell, 10 seconds, into a creative energy cell. It stopped there, didn't cycle anymore. I withdrew 2 hardened energy cells I had in a chest, they also turned into a creative energy cell the same way. Edit: the hardened energy cell I found under a warning sign didn't work; it didn't accept energy while a crafted one worked correctly.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier (before this patch). Some reward chests anywhere or below warning signs I found hardened energy cells, and I think hardened flux capacitors. Some worked well, but some turned into their creative versions when i picked them up or put them into my inventory from the chest. I found only a few (2 or 3 of each), but it seemed to have happened to about half of them, just like the food rewards - that probably got fixed now - half of those disappeared on use.

There is a repeatable quest where you can hand in 1 bacon. But it has no recipe and I have no clue how to get them. Any idea? Or maybe you could add some description or hint on it in the quest book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pein

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Great news that you updated. However, now that I could finish the quests that didnt accept the items, the next one also won't accept one item. Namely the "tip your servers" quest from chapter 6 doesn't accept the 1k me storage cells. (You told me that I can use hqm edit to skip these quests, but I dont have permission to use that command.)

Also, a strange thing just happened that didn't happen before the patch. I picked up my resonant energy cell that I used to do earlier, but then after about 10 seconds of sitting in my inventory it turned into a redstone energy cell. Another 10 seconds, it turned into a hardened energy cell, 10 seconds, into a creative energy cell. It stopped there, didn't cycle anymore. I withdrew 2 hardened energy cells I had in a chest, they also turned into a creative energy cell the same way.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier (before this patch). Some reward chests anywhere or below warning signs I found hardened energy cells, and I think hardened flux capacitors. Some worked well, but some turned into their creative versions when i picked them up or put them into my inventory from the chest. I found only a few (2 or 3 of each), but it seemed to have happened to about half of them, just like the food rewards - that probably got fixed now - half of those disappeared on use.

There is a repeatable quest where you can hand in 1 bacon. But it has no recipe and I have no clue how to get them. Any idea? Or maybe you could add some description or hint on it in the quest book.
open the world to LAN and enable cheats, that will allow command access and reload the world to get it back to normal