[1.7.10] Cacophony Inc. - Find your Voice (HQM, ~300 quests, >700 Reward Bags)

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? 10/10/10 works. I spent a whole day to make everything I could find 10/10/10.

Pretty much what I said. . . Wheat seeds. . . planted one and allowed them to spread to a block of 10x10. still only had 1/1/1 after they all grew in. That's what I mean when I said it didn't work. Glad it is working for you. Not for me.

After planting planting an eggplant then allowing it to grow in a 5x5 block I ended up with one 2/2/1. So. . . apparently, the chance is really low.

In three separate modpacks I always got my plants to 10/10/10 with no problem. The process usually took me 30 minutes per seed using a watering can. I am not new to the process and have done this many times before. For some reason, this pack is excruciating. And it still doesn't work for plain wheat seeds for some reason. Others. . . takes a very very long time. . . and that is using the watering can.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Here is another problem that keeps popping up. . . I find a chest under a great wood tree. The chest sometimes has food in it. . . feasts usually. When I take the food out it goes into my inventory, or, at least, appears to. When I go to eat it it disappears. If I take one out and throw it on the grown to give to my friend, it disappears as if I never had it. If I cheat the exact same thing in, it is fine and works as intended.

This only seems to happen, so far, when I find the food in treasure chests under great wood trees.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Some mod packs do this mod the other way. Try growing them one block apart and when they are fully grown cross stick the middle then check the seed that spawns in the that one.

Reactions: AirBreather

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much what I said. . . Wheat seeds. . . planted one and allowed them to spread to a block of 10x10. still only had 1/1/1 after they all grew in. That's what I mean when I said it didn't work. Glad it is working for you. Not for me.

After planting planting an eggplant then allowing it to grow in a 5x5 block I ended up with one 2/2/1. So. . . apparently, the chance is really low.

In three separate modpacks I always got my plants to 10/10/10 with no problem. The process usually took me 30 minutes per seed using a watering can. I am not new to the process and have done this many times before. For some reason, this pack is excruciating. And it still doesn't work for plain wheat seeds for some reason. Others. . . takes a very very long time. . . and that is using the watering can.
I've adapted a method of doing:
OPO
PXP
OPO

P=Matured plant, O=Open space, X=breeding space
This way the plant can go from 1/1/1 to 4/4/4, usually I just get like 5+ seeds and ID them, then plant the highest one. This doesn't take much of time.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Some mod packs do this mod the other way. Try growing them one block apart and when they are fully grown cross stick the middle then check the seed that spawns in the that one.

This worked! Thanks. I didn't know that some packs forced this. I appreciate your help:)

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I've adapted a method of doing:
This way the plant can go from 1/1/1 to 4/4/4, usually I just get like 5+ seeds and ID them, then plant the highest one. This doesn't take much of time.

Thanks! This looks interesting. I will try that!

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
On the quest for 1 Barley seed and 1 Rye seed. . . the guestbook isn't accepting either one.

D

DerpPie

Hey I have an issue. Recently I grabbed travelers gear off an armor stand I found in the wild. When I shift-clicked the boots I got an internal server error. I cannot enter in the server, and when my friends get near the chunk I was in they also crash.
Code:
[15:26:44] [Server thread/INFO] [Waila/]: Player EntityPlayerMP['DerpPieHeart'/189, l='YoloSwaggitFaggotZombiesGay', x=289.37, y=98.00, z=828.43] connected. Sending ping
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent@4e105d36:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at tconstruct.armor.ArmorAbilities.playerTick(ArmorAbilities.java:52) ~[ArmorAbilities.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_192_ArmorAbilities_playerTick_PlayerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) [EventBus.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPlayerPreTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:345) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:220) [yz.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) [mw.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) [nh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) [jd.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20) [jf.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Index: 6 Listeners:
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 0: NORMAL
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 1: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@3b4996a9 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 2: ASM: hardcorequesting.EventHandler@5f705ad0 onEvent(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 3: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@54ce97e7 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 4: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@66e2de8e tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 5: ASM: com.rwtema.extrautils.crafting.LawSwordCraftHandler@5b565e61 event(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 6: ASM: tconstruct.armor.ArmorAbilities@7e2ea9cd playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 7: ASM: us.ichun.mods.ichunutil.common.core.TickHandlerServer@fa3f4cb playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 8: ASM: net.ilexiconn.llibrary.common.ServerEventHandler@472e2e58 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 9: ASM: com.bobmowzie.mowziesmobs.common.ServerEventHandler@2ce0deb5 playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 10: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@6f9d66b2 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 11: ASM: com.emoniph.witchery.common.ServerTickEvents@454bbdc7 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 12: ASM: codechicken.nei.ServerHandler@47f32ec8 tickEvent(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 13: ASM: darkevilmac.archimedes.common.handler.CommonPlayerTicker@f0a4893 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 14: ASM: twilightforest.TFTickHandler@6b96bd35 playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 15: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@90ec83e tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 16: ASM: imc.common.TickHandler@2dafff02 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 17: ASM: minechem.tick.ScheduledTickHandler@3c417ece tick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 18: ASM: com.bobmowzie.mowziesmobs.common.property.WroughtAxeSwingHandler@76fd6fae onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 19: ASM: openblocks.common.ServerTickHandler@3045a0e8 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 20: ASM: mrcomputerghost.runicdungeons.events.RunicEventHandler@e212e9b playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 21: ASM: com.rwtema.extrautils.worldgen.Underdark.DarknessTickHandler@137cf2e9 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 22: ASM: magicbees.main.utils.TickHandlerVersion@5126f8c2 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 23: ASM: lumien.randomthings.Handler.RTTickHandler@fbd47f tick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 24: ASM: appeng.hooks.TickHandler@2b78d60 onTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent;)V
[15:26:46] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Unloading Player: DerpPieHeart
EDIT: Fixed it by deleting player data

Last edited:

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the snow golem guard is indeed just a snow golem... I really thought it's something different, there are many new mobs I haven't seen yet in this modpack. I even searched for "snow golem guard"s in google to find something...
Though there are 2 other quests that really bug me. One is the "Stuf i SO need II" from chapter 6. You have to kill something, but it has no description at all. Picture provided. Luckily something got it completed, don't know which mob.
The other is the "Celebrity Jeopardy" from chapter 3. It says I have to kill 3 humans. I tried killing villagers, didn't work. Do I really need to kill other players? In single player?

The custom made buildings are nice, I like them, it keeps me interested in exploring.

The food disappearing from chest rewards bremmon mentioned somewhat above me happens to me too, except it works with any other chest rewards. Most of the big foods disappear when I try to eat it, the smaller ones are usually working. Also nothing happens when I try to put them in ME system.

Edit: I tried it only once, mutating the crops, but all of my plants became weeds. Even the fully grown crops, and even the cactuses on the sand. I played with this mod earlier, but it never happened before. Weeds usually appeared on empty fields, but here they destroyed everything.

Attachments

• Quest.jpg
    Quest.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
On the quest for 1 Barley seed and 1 Rye seed. . . the guestbook isn't accepting either one.

I'll look into fixing the detection on this. For now, as a workaround, I think if you grow the crop and then turn the crop into seeds (by putting it into the crafting grid by itself), the result should be accepted.

Hey I have an issue. Recently I grabbed travelers gear off an armor stand I found in the wild. When I shift-clicked the boots I got an internal server error. I cannot enter in the server, and when my friends get near the chunk I was in they also crash.
Code:
[15:26:44] [Server thread/INFO] [Waila/]: Player EntityPlayerMP['DerpPieHeart'/189, l='YoloSwaggitFaggotZombiesGay', x=289.37, y=98.00, z=828.43] connected. Sending ping
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent@4e105d36:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at tconstruct.armor.ArmorAbilities.playerTick(ArmorAbilities.java:52) ~[ArmorAbilities.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_192_ArmorAbilities_playerTick_PlayerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) [EventBus.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPlayerPreTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:345) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:220) [yz.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) [mw.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) [nh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) [jd.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20) [jf.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Index: 6 Listeners:
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 0: NORMAL
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 1: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@3b4996a9 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 2: ASM: hardcorequesting.EventHandler@5f705ad0 onEvent(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 3: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@54ce97e7 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 4: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@66e2de8e tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 5: ASM: com.rwtema.extrautils.crafting.LawSwordCraftHandler@5b565e61 event(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 6: ASM: tconstruct.armor.ArmorAbilities@7e2ea9cd playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 7: ASM: us.ichun.mods.ichunutil.common.core.TickHandlerServer@fa3f4cb playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 8: ASM: net.ilexiconn.llibrary.common.ServerEventHandler@472e2e58 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 9: ASM: com.bobmowzie.mowziesmobs.common.ServerEventHandler@2ce0deb5 playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 10: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@6f9d66b2 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 11: ASM: com.emoniph.witchery.common.ServerTickEvents@454bbdc7 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 12: ASM: codechicken.nei.ServerHandler@47f32ec8 tickEvent(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 13: ASM: darkevilmac.archimedes.common.handler.CommonPlayerTicker@f0a4893 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 14: ASM: twilightforest.TFTickHandler@6b96bd35 playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 15: ASM: cofh.mod.updater.UpdateManager@90ec83e tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 16: ASM: imc.common.TickHandler@2dafff02 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 17: ASM: minechem.tick.ScheduledTickHandler@3c417ece tick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 18: ASM: com.bobmowzie.mowziesmobs.common.property.WroughtAxeSwingHandler@76fd6fae onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 19: ASM: openblocks.common.ServerTickHandler@3045a0e8 onPlayerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 20: ASM: mrcomputerghost.runicdungeons.events.RunicEventHandler@e212e9b playerTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 21: ASM: com.rwtema.extrautils.worldgen.Underdark.DarknessTickHandler@137cf2e9 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 22: ASM: magicbees.main.utils.TickHandlerVersion@5126f8c2 tickStart(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent$PlayerTickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 23: ASM: lumien.randomthings.Handler.RTTickHandler@fbd47f tick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent;)V
[15:26:45] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: 24: ASM: appeng.hooks.TickHandler@2b78d60 onTick(Lcpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/TickEvent;)V
[15:26:46] [Server thread/DEBUG] [NotEnoughItems/]: Unloading Player: DerpPieHeart
EDIT: Fixed it by deleting player data

That's awful to hear. It looks like converting the armor stand to a ruin didn't save the items' NBT data, so this line chokes when trying to determine its properties.

We'll have to remove this, and I'll probably look for other possible issues with NBT.

Yes, the snow golem guard is indeed just a snow golem... I really thought it's something different, there are many new mobs I haven't seen yet in this modpack. I even searched for "snow golem guard"s in google to find something...
Though there are 2 other quests that really bug me. One is the "Stuf i SO need II" from chapter 6. You have to kill something, but it has no description at all. Picture provided. Luckily something got it completed, don't know which mob.
The other is the "Celebrity Jeopardy" from chapter 3. It says I have to kill 3 humans. I tried killing villagers, didn't work. Do I really need to kill other players? In single player?

The custom made buildings are nice, I like them, it keeps me interested in exploring.

The food disappearing from chest rewards bremmon mentioned somewhat above me happens to me too, except it works with any other chest rewards. Most of the big foods disappear when I try to eat it, the smaller ones are usually working. Also nothing happens when I try to put them in ME system.

Edit: I tried it only once, mutating the crops, but all of my plants became weeds. Even the fully grown crops, and even the cactuses on the sand. I played with this mod earlier, but it never happened before. Weeds usually appeared on empty fields, but here they destroyed everything.

The killing task for "Stuf i SO need II" is for a wild sheep. Sorry about that.

"Celebrity Jeopardy" killing task is for the player-like NPCs from the Headcrumbs mod. They're called "Human" in the game. They have little name tags above their head just like regular players. I mentioned this to skidznet and she said we really should drop it down to 1, since these guys can be pretty rare. We'll also add a description for this.

I'm hoping I can deal with the disappearing food thing. For the time being, as a workaround, stick the food into a lunch bag (or lunch box) and eat it from there. Feel free to cheat in any food that disappears on you.

I'm not sure what's going on with AgriCraft. That's three different people I've heard say it's not working the way they're used to seeing it work. Is there a config change that everybody else's modpack uses and ours doesn't? Because skidznet swears that the only config changes we've done from the defaults (well, the defaults at the time we started) are there to add mutations for Witchery seeds.

EDIT: skidznet says that perhaps other modpacks remove weeds. We didn't (and we don't quite want to, at least not right now), but it should be fairly easy to work around them -- tend to them with a rake as soon as they sprout while you're doing your mutations, don't leave empty plots unattended, and your plants should be safe. Since this is surprising, we'll also see if there's something we can write in the quest book to soften the blow (or at least give us something to point to and say "RTFM" about).

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Most people try to place empty cross sticks and then leave it and walk away. If you have weeds on it will spread fast through other crops. The mod it's self is Grindy enough so most mod pack disable it cause weeds are stupidly annoying and don't really get a benefit from them being in the mod. If you are trying to spread or cross breed don't leave AFK or Go off somewhere else cause when you get back they will be dead. I have no clue why weeds get left on. I have not seen a Youtuber yet say, "Yeah weeds are on i can farm harder and sit here and watch corn grow"...rofl.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Most people try to place empty cross sticks and then leave it and walk away. If you have weeds on it will spread fast through other crops. The mod it's self is Grindy enough so most mod pack disable it cause weeds are stupidly annoying and don't really get a benefit from them being in the mod. If you are trying to spread or cross breed don't leave AFK or Go off somewhere else cause when you get back they will be dead. I have no clue why weeds get left on. I have not seen a Youtuber yet say, "Yeah weeds are on i can farm harder and sit here and watch corn grow"...rofl.

My experience so far is that, if I have crops growing and no empty sticks, weeds won't take over. If I leave empty sticks then weeds will take over. Weeds are irritating but, as suggested earlier by someone, if you are trying for a cross-breed, make sure both parent plants are full grown. Doesn't prevent weeds from popping up 100 percent but it GREATLY reduces their growing during the process.

One thing I do is just use the water can to increase growth speed while trying to cross-breed. If I do that I don't have to leave. If I do leave for other things, I make sure there are no empty sticks.

I'm not sure what's going on with AgriCraft. That's three different people I've heard say it's not working the way they're used to seeing it work. Is there a config change that everybody else's modpack uses and ours doesn't? Because skidznet swears that the only config changes we've done from the defaults (well, the defaults at the time we started) are there to add mutations for Witchery seeds.

The cross breeding works great once I understood the need to have blank cross-sticks between two parents. I don't think it is necessary to change it, I just didn't understand the configuration. Perhaps it is something that can be mentioned in the quest book on the appropriate quest.

BTW - having a blast with the mod pack! :)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I must say that this is that 1st quest pack that I look forward to reading the flavor text. Most of the time I just look for what I need to finish the quest and not bother reading, but this is entertaining.

AirBreather

Jul 29, 2019
Most people try to place empty c ross sticks and then leave it and walk away. If you have weeds on it will spread fast through other crops. The mod it's self is Grindy enough so most mod pack disable it cause weeds are stupidly annoying and don't really get a benefit from them being in the mod. If you are trying to spread or cross breed don't leave AFK or Go off somewhere else cause when you get back they will be dead. I have no clue why weeds get left on. I have not seen a Youtuber yet say, "Yeah weeds are on i can farm harder and sit here and watch corn grow"...rofl.

I just turn them off in the config...rofl! :)

Of course you can play the way you want to play. The point of weeds, for us at least, is so that if you want the 10/10/10 crops, you have to actually work at it and tend your farm to reap the rewards (10/10/10 is hugely better than 1/1/1). Two concepts inspired us to keep weeds in. The first one is a theme we've noticed in vanilla: if you want something amazing, you have to work for it or be particularly lucky. If all you needed to do was to plant a bunch of empty cross-crops, one seed, walk away, and come back, then you're not really farming; you just have a farm. The second one is looking at what real-life farming is: it's a heck of a lot of labor (or so I've been led to believe by people who have actually done it), and it's hands-on. We felt that weeds facilitate this aspect by making sure you have to actually tend to your plants.

TL;DR: go ahead and change your local configs to play how you want, it doesn't matter to me. The One True Modpack intentionally does not remove weeds because farming is supposed to be work.

Side note: the disappearing food issue comes from Hunger Overhaul. They fixed this a while ago, they just haven't released a version yet that includes the fix. I left them a message asking them to do so, but if they don't release a new build by the time we're ready to put out our next version, then I'm inclined to just do a code review of the changes since the last release, build it, test it out, and include it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Of course you can play the way you want to play. The point of weeds, for us at least, is so that if you want the 10/10/10 crops, you have to actually work at it and tend your farm to reap the rewards (10/10/10 is hugely better than 1/1/1). Two concepts inspired us to keep weeds in. The first one is a theme we've noticed in vanilla: if you want something amazing, you have to work for it or be particularly lucky. If all you needed to do was to plant a bunch of empty cross-crops, one seed, walk away, and come back, then you're not really farming; you just have a farm. The second one is looking at what real-life farming is: it's a heck of a lot of labor (or so I've been led to believe by people who have actually done it), and it's hands-on. We felt that weeds facilitate this aspect by making sure you have to actually tend to your plants.

TL;DR: go ahead and change your local configs to play how you want, it doesn't matter to me. The One True Modpack intentionally does not remove weeds because farming is supposed to be work.

Side note: the disappearing food issue comes from Hunger Overhaul. They fixed this a while ago, they just haven't released a version yet that includes the fix. I left them a message asking them to do so, but if they don't release a new build by the time we're ready to put out our next version, then I'm inclined to just do a code review of the changes since the last release, build it, test it out, and include it.
I get your point for your mod pack. I have played packs with them on like Agrarian Skies II and ones that don't have them on like Regrowth. People will go for the 10/10 /10 no matter whether they are on or not. I spent the same amount of time with the crops and taking care of them. IE I still have to come back and reset the seeds for cross breeding, scanning seeds, harvesting products, and etc. I have to stand there and keep watch over the crops with weeds on. I took 4 years of Horticultural and was in the FFA. Once planted farmers don't stand around and watch the crops grow. They check for watering daily and spray for weeds once in a while. Don't think a farmer weeds all their field every day. I would like to see something added to the mod (not this pack just the mod in question) that allowed you to do that so you could infuse the ground with an item and not allow weeds for a time or take weeds out and add in decay where the 3rd stats would be how long the plant grows before dieing.

A

A.Parka

Enjoying this pack immensely.
although I did just get blown up by a red creeper that seemingly threw TNT at me!

I really like how if you're caught out in the wild without a bed, you're pretty much screwed. Holy crap does it get dark quick.

Constantly thinking about food is also pretty interesting. Find myself munching on food quite a bit on my travels.

Currently stuck on looking for some cactus for the dye to make gummi bears :)

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
"Celebrity Jeopardy" killing task is for the player-like NPCs from the Headcrumbs mod. They're called "Human" in the game. They have little name tags above their head just like regular players.

Do you have any suggestions where to find these? I played a lot, but I've never seen any. Should I just keep walking around anywhere in the dark and hope one of the mobs will be that? Edit: I actually just got a spawn human egg from a basic bag that kind of solved this problem... And gave me another. I need to kill the ender dragon, but I already killed it. Is there any way to summon it again? Edit 2: Actually, its just killing an enderman, not the ender dragon. It's just that in the description of the quest it is "new" again instead of the monster's name, and I could only guess by its face.

Also, for some reason my animals keep disappearing or dying. I breed them, and the next time I'm there breeding again there arent as many as there was. About half of them disappear. I found meat dropped twice, and probably about fifteen cases nothing. They are seperated, and there are no hostile or any other mobs nearby.

What is your opinion on the Gendustry mod? The original way of breeding bees is very bad in my opinion, or at least I'm not very good at it. The new types of bees just revert back to their original specie too often, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to get to later mutations. Also as far as I know you need to put apiaries in their biome, which sometimes just seem impossible (too far, need chunk loaders). Even with industrial apiaries and mutators it is quite a grinding to get to end-game species.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Do you have any suggestions where to find these? I played a lot, but I've never seen any. Should I just keep walking around anywhere in the dark and hope one of the mobs will be that? Edit: I actually just got a spawn human egg from a basic bag that kind of solved this problem... And gave me another. I need to kill the ender dragon, but I already killed it. Is there any way to summon it again?

Also, for some reason my animals keep disappearing or dying. I breed them, and the next time I'm there breeding again there arent as many as there was. About half of them disappear. I found meat dropped twice, and probably about fifteen cases nothing. They are seperated, and there are no hostile or any other mobs nearby.

What is your opinion on the Gendustry mod? The original way of breeding bees is very bad in my opinion, or at least I'm not very good at it. The new types of bees just revert back to their original specie too often, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to get to later mutations. Also as far as I know you need to put apiaries in their biome, which sometimes just seem impossible (too far, need chunk loaders). Even with industrial apiaries and mutators it is quite a grinding to get to end-game species.
Do you have them fenced in or in a hole? Sometimes the die from glitching into walls and floor.