[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal in the highlands mod that the plains biome is pretty... extreme in size?
I ran like 1'000~1'500 blocks in every direction from my spawn and beside some of the lil forests you find in the plains and two little mountains it's like 90% plains-biome.
Wondering if that is normal or if I have really weird luck with my seed.

[edit]
*mumbles* Probably just my weird luck... after getting a blood moon pretty much every three nights with 5% chance, surely just my weird luck *smirks*

You must be getting some weird luck :p. Are you sure that you didn't put on Highlands large biomes?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the other biomes I finally found are alot smaller. Just this first plain biome I started in is really gigantic. So guess I got a seed where one plain biome besides the next one was created.
Not that I dislike it, plains are still my favorite biome to build in. Still never seen such a huge one before. ^^"

O

Obuw

Loving the fact that EnderIO was added to the pack. However I can't seem to get any enderman heads? Neither my Well of Suffering nor my MFR has given me any enderman heads in 8+ hours, and I went out to kill some myself with a The Ender, and haven't gotten any heads in ~5 kills. I'll put one in my mfr spawner and kill another couple dozen, but something seems fishy.

Also, argh, getting 3 koboldite ingots is like pure torture. I hate witchery. :<

Edit: Nevermind, just got some enderman heads. Killed a bunch of enderman with my Looting III sword instead of The Ender, and got 2 heads from 3 endermen.

Last edited:

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
Man this pack has really made me realized how much Tinker's spoiled me, the lack of early game Fortune III has really hurt me in the redstone department.
Not that I'm complaining, just find it interesting that I'm actually low on redstone for the first time in years.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Man this pack has really made me realized how much Tinker's spoiled me, the lack of early game Fortune III has really hurt me in the redstone department.
Not that I'm complaining, just find it interesting that I'm actually low on redstone for the first time in years.

Yeh, I like tinkers however it makes to stop using the other tools provided.

O

Obuw

It's not the lack of Fortune III that makes you low on redstone though, this pack requires a brutal amount of redstone regardless. ;p

The hammers from Simply Hammers are pretty OP though. I did not realize they existed before I went through all the trouble of making a resonant mining drill, only to find out it still does a max of 1x3x1. Oh well. At least it wasn't a waste, I'll need it to make a quarry anyway. :)

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the lack of Fortune III that makes you low on redstone though, this pack requires a brutal amount of redstone regardless. ;p

The hammers from Simply Hammers are pretty OP though. I did not realize they existed before I went through all the trouble of making a resonant mining drill, only to find out it still does a max of 1x3x1. Oh well. At least it wasn't a waste, I'll need it to make a quarry anyway. :)
I knew of the hammers but didn't have the slime to make them. Now I have the RF one and it holds way more charge than it should, its at like 10% charge yet says it has another 5000 uses. Luckily I had only made the Hardened drill before I realized I should just use the Flux pick and hammer.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing a bug bash so send me any bugs that you have found no matter how big or small. I will look into them and hopefully have them fixed for version 1.3.5 (1.3.4 is uploading as we speak).

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the changelog for 1.3.4, not yet submitted but uploading currently.

Change log: 1.3.4

Updated Mods:
-Mekanism
-Carpenters Blocks
-Draconic Evolution
-Ender IO
-Ender Core
-Forbidden Magic
-Login Shield

Added:
Logistics Pipes
Binnie Mods
Binnie Patcher

Recipe Change:
Forestry Still
Blackout Curtains

Removed Auto Smelt from simply hammers
Fixed Blackout Curtains recipe conflict (thought that was fixed ages ago)
Anyone running below version 1.3.4 should recieve a message to update their pack. :)

O

Obuw

Is Mekanism updated to v9 then? Nice!

Oh that black curtain recipe, right, I didn't even consider reporting it, I just happened to have a forestry worktable so I crafted them using that. (Love the way it lets you pick which recipe to use.)

Oh, by the way have you forgotten about the rftools builder's quarry mode by any chance? All the other quarries have crazy recipes but the rftools builder recipe was quite tame in comparison. Not that I'm complaining. :p

One more thing - any chance you'd consider adding extracells and thaumic energistics? I'll add them myself to my client but I'm sure there will be some recipe issues. And I really don't feel like doing thaumcraft without AE. =p

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of bugs, this may be an intentional change, but I notice I can't simply upgrade TE machines by replacing the frame in a recipe with the machine like normal, so if I wanted to make a higher tier TE machine I'd have to remake it entirely.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
In terms of bugs, this may be an intentional change, but I notice I can't simply upgrade TE machines by replacing the frame in a recipe with the machine like normal, so if I wanted to make a higher tier TE machine I'd have to remake it entirely.
If I'm interpreting this correctly, this is intended.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Pokenar said:
You may need to do every upgrade step(basic->hardened->reinforced->resonant), unless erindalc interpred your post right and it's trully intended.

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
You may need to do every upgrade step(basic->hardened->reinforced->resonant), unless erindalc interpred your post right and it's trully intended.
I was doing it in by-step. But yes, shortly after posting I did recall something about that being mentioned but didn't edit it in case I was remembering incorrectly.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I was doing it in by-step. But yes, shortly after posting I did recall something about that being mentioned but didn't edit it in case I was remembering incorrectly.

Yeh the machine upgrade process is intended.

Is Mekanism updated to v9 then? Nice!

Oh that black curtain recipe, right, I didn't even consider reporting it, I just happened to have a forestry worktable so I crafted them using that. (Love the way it lets you pick which recipe to use.)

Oh, by the way have you forgotten about the rftools builder's quarry mode by any chance? All the other quarries have crazy recipes but the rftools builder recipe was quite tame in comparison. Not that I'm complaining. :p

One more thing - any chance you'd consider adding extracells and thaumic energistics? I'll add them myself to my client but I'm sure there will be some recipe issues. And I really don't feel like doing thaumcraft without AE. =p

I did forget about the RF tools quarry. That will need to be fixed :p

I won't be added Extracells or Thaumic energistics as I have experienced issues with them before and last time I checked they were unstable (However that may have changed).
We are also trying to stop adding mods to the pack as its already quite beefy.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.3.4 is now out.

Change log: 1.3.4

Updated Mods:
-Mekanism
-Carpenters Blocks
-Draconic Evolution
-Ender IO
-Ender Core
-Forbidden Magic
-Login Shield

Added:
Logistics Pipes
Binnie Mods
Binnie Patcher

Recipe Change:
Forestry Still
Blackout Curtains

Removed Auto Smelt from simply hammers
Fixed Blackout Curtains recipe conflict (thought that was fixed ages ago)
Anyone running below version 1.3.4 should receive a message to update their pack. :)

mahall1988

Jul 29, 2019
i know inscribers are disabled in this pack but is there a way to use the inscriber name plate. i ask because i want to name an interface on my network.