[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.0 has been submitted to the Third Party Pack Team. Here's the changelog:
Updated:
Botania
Buildcraft
Chisel 2
INPureCore
LogisticsPipes
Yampst
Forestry

Changed:
Fixed map starting in creative mode
Tinkers Tools should still get bonuses at higher levels
Lowered the required kill counts for some of the later Industrial Warfare quests
Added some spawning items to some of the earlier Industrial Warfare quest rewards
Added quests for some now-placeable forestry liquids
Ice shards are obtained by pulverizing ice
Lowered amount of water bottles required for "Water Circulation"
As always, remember to backup before updating. You never know if something could go wrong.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wanted to tell you that the reputation quest "Celebrated" states that we get a new age, yet there is no book as reward.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I somehow managed to get a Divide By Zero error from NEI after trying to look at how to craft Red Alloy Ingots. Could just be a random mess-up, however. (NEI wasn't loading up items during that time, either. Works anytime else.)

I found the room you mentioned and discovered that Larry was still there after all, so great. I'm currently setting up a cobble generator and redstone furnace to complete the 1000 stone job, probably not what I'm supposed to do first but whatever xD

Last edited:

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm aboutto give up. The blood quest doesn't work, I cannot get a necrotic bone, let alone 64 or what ever I need for the quest. I've spent a couple hours in the nether and about that running wither skeletons through the auto spawner, I have a looting 3 sword and have gotten 47 heads but no bones. The killing quests are really grindy, it's not really fun anymore.

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so for my LP I just recorded I placed down the link books and they did not have a stand under them and when I tried to break one of the book to pick it up it disappeared and the other which was just on the ground when I walked over to it fell through the floor and disappeared. Is this a bug? The linking books were the first two you get in the quest line number 8 and 16 I think. Also is there a way to get them back, so I do not have to restart my world?

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm aboutto give up. The blood quest doesn't work, I cannot get a necrotic bone, let alone 64 or what ever I need for the quest. I've spent a couple hours in the nether and about that running wither skeletons through the auto spawner, I have a looting 3 sword and have gotten 47 heads but no bones. The killing quests are really grindy, it's not really fun anymore.

don't give up there has to be a way to do it!

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated from 0.9.6 to 1.1.0 and I can't seem to get any power to my AE system(tesseract from my big reactor, magmatic dynamo, or solar generator)... Found this issue with on the AE2 git. It looks like There might have been an api change in TE 4.0.0B8-23, and it was updated in AE2 rv2 beta.build 2 and later.... but we're still on TE 4.0.0B6-16.

Manually upgrading to TE 4.0.0B8-23 for both server and client seems to once again power AE from RF sources.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
In the newest version, submitting crushed ice and blood both don't count towards the progress of their respective quests for me.
Oh, and it looks like we can only melt blue slime balls for the blueslime quest (NEI says something different).

Last edited:

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so for my LP I just recorded I placed down the link books and they did not have a stand under them and when I tried to break one of the book to pick it up it disappeared and the other which was just on the ground when I walked over to it fell through the floor and disappeared. Is this a bug? The linking books were the first two you get in the quest line number 8 and 16 I think. Also is there a way to get them back, so I do not have to restart my world?

To pick up a book, you have to right-click it and then drag the book icon to the left into your inventory. And yes, you can get the books again doing the following steps:
1. Type /hqm edit
2. Open the new HQM book you get.
3. Look for the quests which gave the books as reward.
4. Shift-click these quests, that will reset them.
5. Complete the quests.
(6. Throw the HQM book away)

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bug - not sure if related to the newest version or if it's been there - that causes Tinker's pickaxes (and possibly hammers) to get bad data from any mining level improvements (diamond/emerald modifiers). 'Fixing' the tool simply reduces its mining level back to what it was originally. This makes it difficult for early-game pickaxes to be used for Progressive Automation miners since "bad data" tools cannot be used. There's not really any other effects, but it is pretty annoying as I have to wait to slap a steel head on my reinforced, mossy, diamond+emerald wood rod/stone binding/flint head pickaxe before I can use it in my miner without any massive mining level penalties.

As for my progress in the map, I had made the early mistake of making my base at Lord Dalamar's keep. Now beginning the tedious task of moving several large chests' worth of stuff over to the factory, where I can really begin focusing on stuff. On a side note, sand quest and 64x books quest completed through hard grinding, the sand mostly just to level up my shovel, which I'm planning to use in my miner in the new Mystcraft age (alongside my pick, after getting at least an iron head on it). The smeltery has been fixed up as well and will soon be producing all kinds of awesome for me.

Last edited:

Whitedragonzzgamer

Jul 29, 2019
To pick up a book, you have to right-click it and then drag the book icon to the left into your inventory. And yes, you can get the books again doing the following steps:
1. Type /hqm edit
2. Open the new HQM book you get.
3. Look for the quests which gave the books as reward.
4. Shift-click these quests, that will reset them.
5. Complete the quests.
(6. Throw the HQM book away)

Nice ty for the the info thought I was in trouble

mercor

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bug - not sure if related to the newest version or if it's been there - that causes Tinker's pickaxes (and possibly hammers) to get bad data from any mining level improvements (diamond/emerald modifiers). 'Fixing' the tool simply reduces its mining level back to what it was originally. This makes it difficult for early-game pickaxes to be used for Progressive Automation miners since "bad data" tools cannot be used. There's not really any other effects, but it is pretty annoying as I have to wait to slap a steel head on my reinforced, mossy, diamond+emerald wood rod/stone binding/flint head pickaxe before I can use it in my miner without any massive mining level penalties.

As for my progress in the map, I had made the early mistake of making my base at Lord Dalamar's keep. Now beginning the tedious task of moving several large chests' worth of stuff over to the factory, where I can really begin focusing on stuff. On a side note, sand quest and 64x books quest completed through hard grinding, the sand mostly just to level up my shovel, which I'm planning to use in my miner in the new Mystcraft age (alongside my pick, after getting at least an iron head on it). The smeltery has been fixed up as well and will soon be producing all kinds of awesome for me.

Harvest level tweaks are not supposed to be enabled. What version did you start playing? To disable them change "B:HarvestLevelTweaks=true" to false in \config\IguanaTinkerTweaks\Modules.cfg

For your info, I was wondering the same but it seems intentional. But well as long as you won't put your tool in crafting table, it works fine... Even levels up and when you then put it there then it reduces harvesting level.

CWW256

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished this and it was a lot of fun to play. The start was great, the middle got a little bit dull as I think that some of the collection quests are a bit too steep. I know the point of this pack is automation and mass production, and I think that is great, maybe just a little re-balancing considering 'real world' time. Some of the rewards are nearly or completely worthless once you have the massive amounts of automation systems in place to complete the task in a reasonable amount of time. I don't mean to sound negative here as I really enjoyed the pack. Additionally, the ending was good story and quest wise.

I chose the tech path and really enjoyed the use of the bombers, (sadly still somewhat buggy) which in my opinion is the only way they could ever be used effectively anyway.

I would encourage Biochao to keep at it and hope to see some more HQM stuff in the future.

Reactions: BMB78

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well, still no computer/laptop for this guy. More importantly no Minecraft, or even better yet NO AUTOMATA!! I hope something happens soon, this year has been 1 bad thing after another. I can be happy to see that there is still like in this great Modpack, and hope it continues. Happy Gaming Everyone:)

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I have been trying to figure out where the mod .jar file for Mapwriter is in Automata pack but just can't seem to find it.

"[Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)"

The issue I am having is that when I play mapwriter spams my client with the above warning every tick causing unplayable lag and after seaching for the cause I found that on the Mapwriter github page that it is a reported issue but I can't find the mapwriter jar file anywhere in the Automata directory so I can remove the mod and confirm the issue and if needed put in a different map program since Mapwriter has not been officially updated since February of last year.

Any help would be appreciated.

mercor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I have been trying to figure out where the mod .jar file for Mapwriter is in Automata pack but just can't seem to find it.

"[Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)"

The issue I am having is that when I play mapwriter spams my client with the above warning every tick causing unplayable lag and after seaching for the cause I found that on the Mapwriter github page that it is a reported issue but I can't find the mapwriter jar file anywhere in the Automata directory so I can remove the mod and confirm the issue and if needed put in a different map program since Mapwriter has not been officially updated since February of last year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mapwriter should be in "Opis" mod package.

Maybe updating Opis would help. I just turned all the mapwriter off from the config and using Journeymap.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Mapwriter should be in "Opis" mod package.

Maybe updating Opis would help. I just turned all the mapwriter off from the config and using Journeymap.

Since I don't play on a server I just removed Opis entirely. Sure enough the console spam is gone.

Seems Opis hasn't had any updates or activity from ProfessorMobius the mod author since shortly after mapwriter mod maker went inactive nearly a year ago. Seems both mods are pretty much abandoned.

HansColdcut

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!! i love this pack been playing it for a while quit a few restarts lol but my bad on my part but this 1 is nice i have my first employee for the factory here a pic. Attached down below. He transported to the chair and is now stuck :p i was thinking of making stations for the villagers now so the factory looks busy not quit sure how ima gonna do this but i think it would look neat. Anyway keep up the work Biochao XD

Attachments

• 2015-03-02_16.48.29.png
    2015-03-02_16.48.29.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: RehabOholic