[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: ljuffermans

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: Pressing 'U' on a tipsy bee I got from a reward bag (with the hopes it would show me what the bee produces) causes the game to lock up and eventually run out of memory and crash. (log: http://pastebin.com/Zmw8ENwq)

Loaded back into the world fine, doesn't seem to have broken anything, but figured I'd point it out.

Jacen

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: Pressing 'U' on a tipsy bee I got from a reward bag (with the hopes it would show me what the bee produces) causes the game to lock up and eventually run out of memory and crash. (log: http://pastebin.com/Zmw8ENwq)

Loaded back into the world fine, doesn't seem to have broken anything, but figured I'd point it out.
That happens with any "use" command happens in NEI for this pack.

Qulex

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to start with progressive automation and when i noticed that the wooden hoe can not be crafted. The same Counts for all the wooden and Stone tools.

Reactions: Pudding01

albertossic

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot construct a cobblestone generator.
Like the simple, vanilla version that should work, doesn't.
Did you edit the fluids? Because it never works out, no matter what I do, no matter if I try it via the transfer node or manually.
Like, sometimes I get the cobble gen to work, but the transfer node won't, and sometimes it's the other way around.
Please help.

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to start with progressive automation and when i noticed that the wooden hoe can not be crafted. The same Counts for all the wooden and Stone tools.
This is because you are now playing with Tinker's Construct. You can't use vanilla tools.

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I just remembered that the Tinker's Harvestcraft mod only allows the use of Iron, Gold and Diamond tools, and they use up 8x more durability.

Just use Tinker's

BlackPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
i can't find this pack on FTB, tried switching my download server to curseCDN, i looked for it in both the third party mod packs and the normal modpacks. help?
edit: never mind, i never used FTB so i didn't realized what the "pack code: automata" means, but when i saw it written in a diffrent way on github i realized, but it would be nice if it was actually written that this modpack is private for noobs like me- i even considered it, but then i saw it was under private packs (or just making it public will be better)

Last edited:

_EmeraldMuncher_

Jul 29, 2019
My game regularly freezes (within 2 minutes of starting the game) causing me to have to kill my game. I've installed FastCraft but not Optifine since that causes my game to crash but that didn't help. However it is worth noting that the PC I use has but 3GB of RAM

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I've completed the quest
Larry's Magic
and it mentions that I should've found a
book
but I haven't seen one. I'd go back to the coordinates and look, but the quest book doesn't show the coordinates for completed quests. I'd use "/hqm edit" to un-complete it, write down the coordinates, and re-complete it, but if I un-complete it then it will disappear (since this quest is invislbe until completed)

So: does anyone happen to know the coordinates for that quest?
(edit: found it - if anyone else needs to know, the item is
in the ruined Thaumcraft room, in the chest with the avarice pearls
)

Cool map, too, although I think the factory needs more stuff to make it feel like an abandoned factory, rather than just a big empty building with the occasional ruined machine. The lights are a good start.

Maybe there could be a fuel storage room, with some ruined tanks, and fluid pipes leading to one or two generator rooms, and a pre-made kinesis pipe network between the generator room(s) and the main assembly rooms.

(Also, I wish I'd found this modpack earlier so I could give that feedback while there was still a chance it would be incorporated into the map)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Really nice looking modpack and I really wanted to play with it but, it's just too laggy, which is weird because I have a high-end Alienware computer and I never lag on large minecraft modpacks.
I tried installing fastcraft and Optifine but they didn't really help, just every 5-20 second it freezes for about a second.
Not really sure what is causing it but it just made it too painful to play :(

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Really nice looking modpack and I really wanted to play with it but, it's just too laggy, which is weird because I have a high-end Alienware computer and I never lag on large minecraft modpacks.
I tried installing fastcraft and Optifine but they didn't really help, just every 5-20 second it freezes for about a second.
Not really sure what is causing it but it just made it too painful to play :(

No idea either, but set it to at least 2GB of RAM (which will actually use 3GB), and make sure to close the launcher console after Minecraft starts. The latter is because there's some mod bug that will spam the console while you have NEI open, and then the launcher uses a lot of memory storing all the spam.

V

VetteFan

Forgive me if this has already been brought up before.
I've been having the problem of almost every time I go to load up my save file it begins to load but as soon as it does the game freezes and crashes out saying "shutting down internal server". its only been a little annoying up til now as i'm able to get it to load and work properly withing 2-3 tries. but today i tried getting it to load for about 30 minutes. each time crashing and having to start up minecraft from the FTB launcher again. only way i got it to load was to go into options before loading the save and lower my loaded chunks to 2, open the save, and once it was working then raise the chunks back up (12 i believe is what it was by default). Is this common? Is there a fix to keep it from happening in the future?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me if this has already been brought up before.
I've been having the problem of almost every time I go to load up my save file it begins to load but as soon as it does the game freezes and crashes out saying "shutting down internal server". its only been a little annoying up til now as i'm able to get it to load and work properly withing 2-3 tries. but today i tried getting it to load for about 30 minutes. each time crashing and having to start up minecraft from the FTB launcher again. only way i got it to load was to go into options before loading the save and lower my loaded chunks to 2, open the save, and once it was working then raise the chunks back up (12 i believe is what it was by default). Is this common? Is there a fix to keep it from happening in the future?
Maybe you could post the crash report?

DragonSpirit12

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack but my wife and I are having a problem. I can load it up and play just fine but when she tries to install and play it gets to the mojang screen and locks up the console window is stuck on thermal expansion every time. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it thanks!

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
You have journeymap linked as a misc download, but I can't figure out what version works. The two I tried said the following: "Forge: minimum version required is 10.13.2.1291"

I didn't want to mess with the forge version because I'm not sure what effect it would have on the other mods. Is there a reason you are using such an old version of forge?

Edit: is this pack abandoned?

Last edited: