[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!! i love this pack been playing it for a while quit a few restarts lol but my bad on my part but this 1 is nice i have my first employee for the factory here a pic. Attached down below. He transported to the chair and is now stuck :p i was thinking of making stations for the villagers now so the factory looks busy not quit sure how ima gonna do this but i think it would look neat. Anyway keep up the work Biochao XD

That's really cool. I always thought Ancient Warfare Mod would really be cool for this pack because it would let you populate the factory, and castle the way you want. I would say Custom NPCs would be a great fit to add to the pack, but that would rely on the Pack Creator to add NPCs, and everything. Unless you were rewarded the wand to add them yourself to add more life to the pack. But as for the first mod I mentioned, it would be great to add guards to the castle, and workers to the Factory.

HansColdcut

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know what ancient warfare does would have to look it up. but i was thinking on using the villagers at work stations in the factory so it doesnt look to automated ... you know like have everything automated behind the scenes and having the villagers at crafting tables ...hhhhmmm there is a mod that lets you keep villagers or mobs in 1 spot i seeen it in uuumm a youtuber vid .... i really like the idea cause i wanna populate the factory with villagers so Edmund isnt lonely. anyone know of a mod to keep villagers in 1 spot other than a cell??? i am gonna check some vids ...

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know what ancient warfare does would have to look it up. but i was thinking on using the villagers at work stations in the factory so it doesnt look to automated ... you know like have everything automated behind the scenes and having the villagers at crafting tables ...hhhhmmm there is a mod that lets you keep villagers or mobs in 1 spot i seeen it in uuumm a youtuber vid .... i really like the idea cause i wanna populate the factory with villagers so Edmund isnt lonely. anyone know of a mod to keep villagers in 1 spot other than a cell??? i am gonna check some vids ...

I have only seen the mod in someones video but it looks like it would be nice for this pack. This is the description for the NCP part of the mod.

NPC Module
Adds Player recruitable NPC for combat and utility purposes. Multiple varieties of combat NPC are available (melee, ranged, medic, others), as well as several varieties of non-combat/utility NPCs (worker, item courier, barterer/trader).

The other aspecs are nice to, and you have to research modules to unlock different things.

Automation Module
Includes machines to automate crop farming, tree farming, misc resource farming (mushroom, reed, cactus), animal farming, mining, and resource processing (ores). Also includes a full featured MJ and RF compatible energy transport network.

HansColdcut

Jul 29, 2019
alright i have checked out the ancient warfare but not quite what i was looking for (but very cool)... lol but this new mod direwolf shows is very cool for piping Thermal Dynamics here a link
of the mod show case not to sure where to get it yet but would probably be better than buildcraft pipes with the many options for automating .... still doesnt go with idea of having villagers at work stations to make factory look busy lol. maybe i can think of something.

Reactions: Pudding01

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
alright i have checked out the ancient warfare but not quite what i was looking for (but very cool)... lol but this new mod direwolf shows is very cool for piping Thermal Dynamics here a link
of the mod show case not to sure where to get it yet but would probably be better than buildcraft pipes with the many options for automating .... still doesnt go with idea of having villagers at work stations to make factory look busy lol. maybe i can think of something.

So they finally finished it. I know they removed the item ducts, etc from Thermal Expansion to rework them, then make the a separate mod. I just added EnderIO because of the Conduits, and a few other things I really like. Thanks for letting me know that that mod was released, I hope it will be added to the pack, since it goes with Thermal Expansion, but if not I will add it myself.

I forgot to add were you get get it. http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227443-thermal-dynamics

Gabor Garami

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm stuck at pipe quests because i'm out of redstone and i cannot get it anymore since redstone ore does not spawn in overworld and i didn't get a mystcraft book yet. But I feel i see something wrong. Can anyone help me how can I get more redstone (w/o cheating)?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm stuck at pipe quests because i'm out of redstone and i cannot get it anymore since redstone ore does not spawn in overworld and i didn't get a mystcraft book yet. But I feel i see something wrong. Can anyone help me how can I get more redstone (w/o cheating)?

Do you know about the nether portal? If you explored the factory, you should hints about a secret portal.
There's nether redstone ore in the nether.

The elevator to the secret portal is at the back of the castle, at the northern wall next to the animal pens. You will have to break some stone bricks there.

Reactions: Pudding01

Gabor Garami

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i completed the nether portal quest, just i found a very few ore in my nether.... probably it's just my luck.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
My last attempt at playing it was filled with LOTS of lag, and ended when a chest exploded in my face.

That was awhile ago, let's hope it's better now (lag wise, what was with that trap chest anyway?)

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let everyone know, I'm not going to be updating this pack anymore. I've learned a lot from it being my first public pack, but it lost focus or my vision for it is different now. After JamPacked 2 I may see about updating it or making an Automata 2. I do have more ideas but they just don't fit into the pack as it currently stands.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let everyone know, I'm not going to be updating this pack anymore. I've learned a lot from it being my first public pack, but it lost focus or my vision for it is different now. After JamPacked 2 I may see about updating it or making an Automata 2. I do have more ideas but they just don't fit into the pack as it currently stands.
Looking forward to it.

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
I was really looking forward to playing with this pack. Played for a few hours. Made my base in the castle right of the village. I quit the game, come back later to keep playing it and I keep getting crashes because of Thaumcraft's warded blocks

java.lang.StackOverflowError: Unexpected error
at thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockWarded.func_149915_a(BlockWarded.java:137)
at net.minecraft.block.Block.createTileEntity(Block.java:1446)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150806_e(Chunk.java:850)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147438_o(World.java:2540)

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very engrossing mod pack. I really hope an Automata 2 is coming. I was a bit surprised that ComputerCraft didn't find its way in as it fits the theme perfectly. Hopefully, it makes the cut in the next round, should we be fortunate enough to get a sequel.

If anyone knows of packs similar in theme to this, please let me know. I want more. :)

LoOnyBin25

Jul 29, 2019
well played the game for few hours did some exploring game crashed now cant get back into my saved game that's a bummer

Verillia

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's been brought up, but has any thought been giving to tweaking Stone tinkers tools to mine the required poor ores?
I also know there's a config option to make vanillia tools with one durability, keeps them usable for crafting, might makes using Tinkers tools required.

Riley Zilka

Jul 29, 2019
When i try to download the pack it says error while downloading and some java stuff about .exe and a link to the ftb home page and then a message pops up saying Failed To Download. I was Excited to play this pack and now i have lost hope i would appreciate the help