[1.7.10]Atonement: Sins of the Past Hardcore Survival Thaumcraft Focused

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
0.05 just updated to the FTB launcher. This completes all, hopefully, the missing raw material recipes. At this point the pack is playable from beginning to end and all the end goals are in and set. From here on out it should just be balance passes and bug fixes.

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar... wow I almost have a heart attack playing this ModPack. Nicely done. Very cool. and btw Domchevsky's Artwork it's really beautiful so please send my congratulations to him (or her) too.

I started a Let's play on the ModPack after some subscribers suggestions and I'm loving it. Already recorded 8 episodes in a row. :p

Uploading Episode 4 now and maybe you guys can check the ones already online and let me know what you think.

Cheers...

Reactions: Shane2482

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
This pack seems to be gaining lots of attention, congratulations Iskandar on another hard core survival nightmare. You know I love a good challenge and I'm enjoying this one as it seems a lot of my viewers are as well. Thanks a bunch for including me in the early alpha testing. I had to restart my world on episode 3 of my series but it was well worth it as the changes just made perfect sense. Here is the first episode after you removed Electrical Age and replaced it with Flaxbeard's Steam Power. The only thing I think I forgot to mentioned in the quick start guide is that clay is an important resource to gather on the first day if you want to get in to Flaxbeard's early.
Keep up the good work Iskandar and Shane.

Reactions: feralferret

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
To detect silverfish you can use a chisel to left click on stone blocks. If it turns to brick you can mine it, if not you have a silverfish nest. Might be something that needs to be nerfed?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
To detect silverfish you can use a chisel to left click on stone blocks. If it turns to brick you can mine it, if not you have a silverfish nest. Might be something that needs to be nerfed?
There's an easy way to detect silverfish in vanilla too. Silverfish blocks can be mined with your hand. So if you punch the block and it starts breaking fast, then it's silverfish. Otherwise, it's stone.

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if there was a built-in way to detect silverfish. Something with durability and a high resource cost maybe. The chisel method is a little too easy IMO, but at least it does cost some iron to use.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why there isn't Thaumic tinker in the pack as it feels like it always goes hand in hand with Thaumcraft.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I was wondering why there isn't Thaumic tinker in the pack as it feels like it always goes hand in hand with Thaumcraft.
And that is pretty much why there is no Thaumic Tinkerer in this pack. Overused and tends to be a bit overpowered. I'm trying to gently encourage people to try new things, which would be hard if they could just go ahead and ignore the new content for the old familiar stuff.

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, I just updated to 0.5
I noticed that there is no recipe for the Weather deflector. It;s a bug or it was disabled? I had already made some of them.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I would suggest making an alternate book recipe. I have no animals and it seems weird to have to wait for cows to spawn or go to the Nether just to craft guide books.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I would suggest making an alternate book recipe. I have no animals and it seems weird to have to wait for cows to spawn or go to the Nether just to craft guide books.

Sigh. Really? You have this purple book in your inventory, the Introduction book. Do me a favor, read the first two paragraphs.

Failure to read and comprehend on your part is not a failing on my part.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Sigh. Really? You have this purple book in your inventory, the Introduction book. Do me a favor, read the first two paragraphs.

Failure to read and comprehend on your part is not a failing on my part.
whoa there. You totally misinterpreted my statement oh my goodness. Yes I skipped the part of the book that I assumed to be the introduction and not have much useful information. That's my bad. I take blame for that.

But seriously I never said that you were failing at any aspect. I never insulted you, just made a suggestion based on my ignorance of free guide books. I just said the it seems weird part to back up that statement with reasoning. With that annoyed of a response, it's probably been a pretty long day, huh?

Seriously though. Sorry for wasting your time/sanity on my reckless ignorance. I apologize for that much.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
whoa there. You totally misinterpreted my statement oh my goodness. Yes I skipped the part of the book that I assumed to be the introduction and not have much useful information. That's my bad. I take blame for that.

But seriously I never said that you were failing at any aspect. I never insulted you, just made a suggestion based on my ignorance of free guide books. I just said the it seems weird part to back up that statement with reasoning. With that annoyed of a response, it's probably been a pretty long day, huh?

Seriously though. Sorry for wasting your time/sanity on my reckless ignorance. I apologize for that much.

Sorry, didn't mean to come down on you like a ton of brick but this is a problem I've been fighting forever, first with Crash Landing and now, apparently, with Atonement. I go through GREAT lengths (well, with Atonement it is more like @Shane2482 going through great lengths, but still) to include answers to common problems and as much info as I can in game via HQM for Crash Landing and now custom guide books for Atonement...and NOBODY bothers to actually read anything, even when the info is staring them right in the face. I got hundreds and hundreds of damn fool questions just like that from Crash Landing and I had hoped that having an in game guide book would forestall the same problem for Atonement. Apparently not. It's just, I don't know, it feels vaguely insulting when people ignore the care and craft you put into making sure that they have all the info so they don't get stuck and ask a question that they could easily have solved themselves if they'd bothered to pay attention to information that is, quite literally, in their inventory and staring them in the face.

Basically, congrats! You stepped on one of my pet peeves.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Sorry, didn't mean to come down on you like a ton of brick but this is a problem I've been fighting forever, first with Crash Landing and now, apparently, with Atonement. I go through GREAT lengths (well, with Atonement it is more like @Shane2482 going through great lengths, but still) to include answers to common problems and as much info as I can in game via HQM for Crash Landing and now custom guide books for Atonement...and NOBODY bothers to actually read anything, even when the info is staring them right in the face. I got hundreds and hundreds of damn fool questions just like that from Crash Landing and I had hoped that having an in game guide book would forestall the same problem for Atonement. Apparently not. It's just, I don't know, it feels vaguely insulting when people ignore the care and craft you put into making sure that they have all the info so they don't get stuck and ask a question that they could easily have solved themselves if they'd bothered to pay attention to information that is, quite literally, in their inventory and staring them in the face.

Basically, congrats! You stepped on one of my pet peeves.
A suggestion so that less people come to you with that problem, don't put that information on the first page. I know I personally skipped it because I thought it was just a basic introduction to the pack, information about the book, etc. nothing particularly useful or that I didn't already know/figure out on my own. Also most people are used to either being given guide books or making them themselves, not opening an interface.

Also I'm keeping an eye on this now to help out with that so ye

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
A suggestion so that less people come to you with that problem, don't put that information on the first page. I know I personally skipped it because I thought it was just a basic introduction to the pack, information about the book, etc. nothing particularly useful or that I didn't already know/figure out on my own. Also most people are used to either being given guide books or making them themselves, not opening an interface.

Also I'm keeping an eye on this now to help out with that so ye
Yeah I know people aren't used to opening an interface, which is WHY that information is on the first page. And is, pretty much, the first bit of information on that page.

Trust me, I've been fighting this problem for a long time. Where the information is doesn't seem to matter. It is that people simply DON'T bother reading. You had a book full of information and when you hit a stumbling block instead of double checking the book to see if I'd already answered your problem you immediately came to forum saying that a solution didn't exist. THAT is the problem, and it drives me up a wall.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I am loving the pack, you are so good at getting the right balance. Like CL I've died repeatedly, but I find the challenge irresistible :p Unlike CL a good spawn world can make quite a big difference, its worth looking for a good world imo. The library is brilliant, wish every pack had one, big thanks to Shane. Great pack!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I am loving the pack, you are so good at getting the right balance. Like CL I've died repeatedly, but I find the challenge irresistible :p Unlike CL a good spawn world can make quite a big difference, its worth looking for a good world imo. The library is brilliant, wish every pack had one, big thanks to Shane. Great pack!

Wow someone actuality looked at the books i put a lot of time and effort into them to help ppl with the pack so its nice to know that they are getting used some

Reactions: DoomSquirter