[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Soloist1

Jul 29, 2019
InfinityRaider, Thanks for getting back to me! I was able to find the grassDrops section in the logs, and was able to fix my problem! Thanks for your help, love the mod!

--Soloist1

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps have poisonous potatoes as a seperate crop?
Hmm... maybe planting potato seeds onto cropsticks placed on mycelium yields poisonous potato instead of regular potato?
This sounds like something that should invert the usual normal/poisonous ratio as opposed to normal soil...

I came up with this: What about instead of tying it to the soil, make some crops have a secondary drop that only drops when growing in certain biomes, any thoughts?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I came up with this: What about instead of tying it to the soil, make some crops have a secondary drop that only drops when growing in certain biomes, any thoughts?

that sounds pretty good. that does me wonder, is there any further plans for adding more traits to crops with the feature of crossbreeding crops to transfer those traits?
so for example your base is in a different biome that's needed for this secondary drop, but by crossbreeding it with other other crops you'd be able to change the traits so the secondary drop would also drop in the biome your base is in.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds pretty good. that does me wonder, is there any further plans for adding more traits to crops with the feature of crossbreeding crops to transfer those traits?
so for example your base is in a different biome that's needed for this secondary drop, but by crossbreeding it with other other crops you'd be able to change the traits so the secondary drop would also drop in the biome your base is in.
I've personally never liked it when I had to place my bees/saplings in a biome miles from my base, so crossing will probably never be affected biomes.

EDIT: I misunderstood that, but I don't think I'll implement that, and if I do, it won't be very soon.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Biome-based would be a pain in the ass.

I mean, it might be suitable for certain packs or play style, but it would undoubtedly a pain for normal players.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Biome-based would be a pain in the ass.

I mean, it might be suitable for certain packs or play style, but it would undoubtedly a pain for normal players.
It doesn't require you to be in that biome, it just increases the chances for that particular drop in that biome

KhaiMinhVN

Jul 29, 2019
They need an ore block underneath

It's a bug, I added in that stats get reduced when a plant mutates (to prevent people from cultivating 2 10/10/10 seeds and breeding only 10/10/10 seeds all the way down the mutation tree. However I fucked up and instead of reducing on mutations only it reduces on spreads and never on mutations. This has been fixed already.

Check the log, it outputs feedback if something went wrong.
So I just need to put an ore block underneath and a crop on the farmland block above the ore block?

kysoto

Jul 29, 2019
using version 1.3.0-alpha3-b306, i have to grow netherwart on farmland, not soulsand, also i have 10-10-10 seeds, and the netherwart only gives 1 on harvest.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
The crops do not like it when I tell them they need a block of water under the farmland :(

Can you be more specific? I tried it with seeds that need a specific soil and with seeds that work with the default soils and in both cases it did work for me. The used MT lines are:

Code:
BaseBlock.set(<AgriCraft:seedSugarcane>, <minecraft:water>, 1, false);
BaseBlock.set(<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:water>, 1, false);

NEI will show "Water Still" as a Base requirement so make sure its actually a source block. Also, to plant crop sticks on vanilla farmland, the farmland has to be fully irrigated (either with the irrigation system or a plain water source nearby).

using version 1.3.0-alpha3-b306, i have to grow netherwart on farmland, not soulsand, also i have 10-10-10 seeds, and the netherwart only gives 1 on harvest.

Thanks for reporting, I will look into it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Can you be more specific? I tried it with seeds that need a specific soil and with seeds that work with the default soils and in both cases it did work for me. The used MT lines are:

Code:
BaseBlock.set(<AgriCraft:seedSugarcane>, <minecraft:water>, 1, false);
BaseBlock.set(<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:water>, 1, false);

NEI will show "Water Still" as a Base requirement so make sure its actually a source block. Also, to plant crop sticks on vanilla farmland, the farmland has to be fully irrigated (either with the irrigation system or a plain water source nearby).

Thanks for reporting, I will look into it.

Code:
BaseBlock.set(<harvestcraft:riceseedItem>, <minecraft:flowing_water>, 2, false);

maybe its the flowing part.... I'll swap and give it a try.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
BaseBlock.set(<harvestcraft:riceseedItem>, <minecraft:flowing_water>, 2, false);

maybe its the flowing part.... I'll swap and give it a try.

Just tried it and indeed it does not work with flowing water. I am not sure if we want to support flowing fluids as a base requirement though, have to check with @InfinityRaider on this.