[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Since I know you don't want crops planting on water, is it possible to use water source blocks with the BaseBlock method? For instance, I might want to require harvestcraft rice to be within 4 blocks of water to grow.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
except water artichoke is a succulent. They like very well drained, dry soil....,
I'm just trying to stick to how it is with vanilla farming in witchery, in which it requires being planted on water, just like the harvestcraft rice (IIRC - I don't play with harvestcraft much).

Edit: Damn, I was intending to add a chance to get poisonous potatoes when harvesting potato crops but sadly I can't meddle with fruits of non-custom crops.

Last edited:

Rake

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add Blood Magic's Ritual of the Harvest Moon as a way to harvest your crops? It doesn't appear to work with 1.2.3 and BM 1.3.0.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add Blood Magic's Ritual of the Harvest Moon as a way to harvest your crops? It doesn't appear to work with 1.2.3 and BM 1.3.0.

I'll look at this when I get to other options of harvesting, currently planned are Forestry manual farms and EnderIO farming station. Blood Magic is on the list now as well.

Edit: Damn, I was intending to add a chance to get poisonous potatoes when harvesting potato crops but sadly I can't meddle with fruits of non-custom crops.
I have added that yesterday, potatoes will do so now by default.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'll look at this when I get to other options of harvesting, currently planned are Forestry manual farms and EnderIO farming station. Blood Magic is on the list now as well.

perhaps have poisonous potatoes as a seperate crop?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Magic Farm 3 currently has Forestry, Progressive Automation, MFR, Blood Magic, Thaumcraft and Fluxed Crystals for farming.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Farm 3 currently has Forestry, Progressive Automation, MFR, Blood Magic, Thaumcraft and Fluxed Crystals for farming.
Well progressive automation is on the list now as well. I'm not familiar with Fluxed Crystals though, can you automate harvesting with it?

perhaps have poisonous potatoes as a seperate crop?
No, in Vanilla the potato crops can sometimes produce poisoned potatoes as well

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well progressive automation is on the list now as well. I'm not familiar with Fluxed Crystals though, can you automate harvesting with it?

No, in Vanilla the potato crops can sometimes produce poisoned potatoes as well

bummer, it'd be a nice way of having a reliable source for poisonous potatoes, as it can be useful for some mods.
perhaps there could be a trigger that could increase or decrease the chance of getting poisonous potatoes from a potato crop?

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
bummer, it'd be a nice way of having a reliable source for poisonous potatoes, as it can be useful for some mods.
perhaps there could be a trigger that could increase or decrease the chance of getting poisonous potatoes from a potato crop?
Like fungus from rotten flesh

send from a thing

Reactions: Yusunoha

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... maybe planting potato seeds onto cropsticks placed on mycelium yields poisonous potato instead of regular potato?

Reactions: Yusunoha

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Hmm... maybe planting potato seeds onto cropsticks placed on mycelium yields poisonous potato instead of regular potato?
This sounds like something that should invert the usual normal/poisonous ratio as opposed to normal soil...

Soloist1

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to add Magical Crops essence seeds to the 'Grass Drops' file. I used NEI to get a list of all items, and have added this to the drops file:

magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsEssence,10

And it is not working. I also tried to add many different combinations of 'Magical Essence Seeds' to the file, and can't get essence seeds to drop.

Does anybody know the secret incantation to get this to work? Is there a way to get a list of the correct names to use?

Thanks in advance.....

RelieveTheMind

Jul 29, 2019
Before the Infinity update to 1.0.2 I was able to plant sugarcane seeds in the crops and now I can't plant them.
EDIT: Just saw that the update made the plants soil specific. So sugarcane needs sand, any other ones that don't use dirt?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Before the Infinity update to 1.0.2 I was able to plant sugarcane seeds in the crops and now I can't plant them.
EDIT: Just saw that the update made the plants soil specific. So sugarcane needs sand, any other ones that don't use dirt?
Mushroom spores need mycelium, Cactus seeds need Sand and Netherwart takes Soul Sand.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
How to grow resource crops?
They need an ore block underneath

Is it intentional that when you breed 2 10/10/10 seeds they grow a 5/5/5 plant?
It's a bug, I added in that stats get reduced when a plant mutates (to prevent people from cultivating 2 10/10/10 seeds and breeding only 10/10/10 seeds all the way down the mutation tree. However I fucked up and instead of reducing on mutations only it reduces on spreads and never on mutations. This has been fixed already.

I am trying to add Magical Crops essence seeds to the 'Grass Drops' file. I used NEI to get a list of all items, and have added this to the drops file:

magicalcrops:magicalcrops_ModMagicSeedsEssence,10

And it is not working. I also tried to add many different combinations of 'Magical Essence Seeds' to the file, and can't get essence seeds to drop.

Does anybody know the secret incantation to get this to work? Is there a way to get a list of the correct names to use?

Thanks in advance.....
Check the log, it outputs feedback if something went wrong.