[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I know that you have said previously that you don't mind people using your mod in packs but I feel like I should post a message to at least let you know.

I would like to use it in a pack that I am assembling which will downloadable through the FTB Launcher that a few friends and I should be playing together soon.
Tx for letting me know, it's not necessary but I appreciate it.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am trying to add a new nearby required block for crops to grow, but the wiki is not exactly specific on the setup. This is what I have so far for minetweaker, but I could use a few tips in the correct direction. I did import the require part at the top of the code.

val earthCrystalCluster = <Thaumcraft:blockCrystal:3>;

growing.BaseBlock.set(<minecraft:wheat_seeds, earthCrystalCluster, 2, false);

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am trying to add a new nearby required block for crops to grow, but the wiki is not exactly specific on the setup. This is what I have so far for minetweaker, but I could use a few tips in the correct direction. I did import the require part at the top of the code.

val earthCrystalCluster = <Thaumcraft:blockCrystal:3>;

growing.BaseBlock.set(<minecraft:wheat_seeds, earthCrystalCluster, 2, false);
Are you importing mods.agricraft.growing?

Reactions: Kel_Co

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for one I did not import IItemStack, my fault, and two, had one of my common 'brilliant moments'. See if you can instantly spot the problem. : P

BaseBlock.set(<minecraft:wheat_seeds, earthCrystalCluster, 2, false);

Fixed now! Thanks for the super-quick help on the Agricraft forums. You guys/gals/anyones are amazing! Keep up the fantastic work. : D

This is why I use val ......

Reactions: InfinityRaider

xvolution

Jul 29, 2019
o_O This I have never seen before, please update to the newest version first please.

We were able to fix the issue ourselves. A rollback had somehow rolled back the server's configs as well, causing them to become corrupt. Doing another regen of the mutations file and the config file fixed the issue.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
FYI: I will be using Agricraft in a private pack for a couple of friends doing an LP. It may grow into a small private server before the end of it, but it will still be a private server on an invite-only list. As a private pack, it doesn't necessarily need permissions, but I just wanted to let you know anyway. I do not plan on making any public packs anymore at this time, but I would like to say that the combination of Agricraft, Pam's Harvestcraft, Hunger Overhaul, and MFR is just... really nice. It makes early game difficult to keep yourself fed in, but once you get yourself set up, automation is not overly complex.

ryanhammy

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy this mod. Its so helpful and really cool how you can work to improve your crops and make them faster.
We made a video for new people to learn the basics!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy this mod. Its so helpful and really cool how you can work to improve your crops and make them faster.
We made a video for new people to learn the basics!
Nice, I'll throw it in the OP, but just one sidenote, the way you guys spread your crops will only work in regrowth, are there are certain difficulty settings in the configs. So the way you have to spread and mutate your crops will greatly depend on what pack you are playing.

ryanhammy

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, I'll throw it in the OP, but just one sidenote, the way you guys spread your crops will only work in regrowth, are there are certain difficulty settings in the configs. So the way you have to spread and mutate your crops will greatly depend on what pack you are playing.

Totally didn't know that. Just went over and was looking at how it requires 2 adjacent crops to spread. Thank you for the info!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Playing regrowth (surprise surprise :p) but I'm finding sprinkler setups are causing a lot of lag for me.

I've only got 4 sprinklers up and running, and being in the area is painful. Are there any dos and don'ts in building them?
My setup is a railcraft water tower, with a wooden pipe leading to stone pipes which split to two water tanks, so each water tower can (just about) feed 2 sprinklers (even though the BC pipes tend to favour one direction for sending water)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Playing regrowth (surprise surprise :p) but I'm finding sprinkler setups are causing a lot of lag for me.

I've only got 4 sprinklers up and running, and being in the area is painful. Are there any dos and don'ts in building them?
My setup is a railcraft water tower, with a wooden pipe leading to stone pipes which split to two water tanks, so each water tower can (just about) feed 2 sprinklers (even though the BC pipes tend to favour one direction for sending water)
What version?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
AgriCraft-1.7.10-1.3.1 (Regrowth 0.71)

Noticed it heavily in 0.65, updated, and it's a bit better but still painful.
Well its not so much the sprinklers, but I fucked up on the irrigation, so every time it set meta to 7 on farmland it rerenderse the entire chunk, guess I'll have to look into it more.
Try to replace the soil with garden soil or whatever asap. itll be better

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well its not so much the sprinklers, but I fucked up on the irrigation, so every time it set meta to 7 on farmland it rerenderse the entire chunk, guess I'll have to look into it more.
Ah, I am in the process of replacing all the soil with garden soil. Doing it legit, so takes a while :D 1 field left.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you'd already fixed that in 1.3.1. Huh.