[1.7.10] AgriCraft

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
These two questions are being asked in the interest of obfuscating the correct method of generating mutations, making it an exploratory search for the server.

Does the config file ClientSide have to match the one Serverside?

This mod has support for NEI, meaning NEI can tell you all the mutations, but if you want to explore them yourself, you can disable this in the config. - If the player sets the NEI settings on their Client to True, does it override the servers false?

Can this be given an effectively unlimited range? I'm trying to create a specific environment, and I'm not certain this is a long enough interval. (Though combined with the chance to tick, it's possible)
# Every x seconds each plant in sprinkler range has y chance to growth tick [range: 1 ~ 300, default: 5]
I:"Sprinkler growth interval"=5

# Will a plant held in a Trowel Hold It's growth level forever?

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
These two questions are being asked in the interest of obfuscating the correct method of generating mutations, making it an exploratory search for the server.

Does the config file ClientSide have to match the one Serverside?
Most settings wont actually do anything on the clientside (like the mutations chances, spread chances, etc as those are all handled serverside. For the configs holding the mutations if they dont match, the server will handle the actual mutating, but NEI and the journal will not show the correct mutations.
I highly recommend having identical server- and clientside configs.

This mod has support for NEI, meaning NEI can tell you all the mutations, but if you want to explore them yourself, you can disable this in the config. - If the player sets the NEI settings on their Client to True, does it override the servers false?
I don't know, I'd have to check this, if this is the case this might be an oversight from me and I'd have to enforce this.

Can this be given an effectively unlimited range? I'm trying to create a specific environment, and I'm not certain this is a long enough interval. (Though combined with the chance to tick, it's possible)
# Every x seconds each plant in sprinkler range has y chance to growth tick [range: 1 ~ 300, default: 5]
I:"Sprinkler growth interval"=5
You mean setting it more then 300?

# Will a plant held in a Trowel Hold It's growth level forever?
A plant in the trowel will never change, the growth state will remain the same.

I believe you want to hide all mutations clientside, except for the discovered ones right? Once I get rid of the mutation config clientside, it will all be handled with Minetweaker scripts, so I will have to send the mutations to the client. Right now people can cheat by going into the configs yes.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you *did* present one interesting option... You said it would show wrong information if the config on the client didn't match the one on the server?

Serves'em right. ;) Since I'm using this in my modpack, I can just make the modpack download not match the server info, and thus render the NEI info useless, correct?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you *did* present one interesting option... You said it would show wrong information if the config on the client didn't match the one on the server?

Serves'em right. ;) Since I'm using this in my modpack, I can just make the modpack download not match the server info, and thus render the NEI info useless, correct?
Thats how I expect it to work, I'd test it out first though. Also it would render the journal info useless.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.... That's perhaps less useful.

" Once I get rid of the mutation config clientside, it will all be handled with Minetweaker scripts, so I will have to send the mutations to the client." - It would still be configurable in a simple text file though, right?

Also, this may seem like a dumb question, but could you clarify this config option:

# Set to false to disable automatic mutations for Pam's HarvestCraft [default: true]

Does this mean it doesn't automatically generate these mutations? Does it mean that Harvestcraft has it's own? What's it MEEEEEAAAN? XD

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.... That's perhaps less useful.

" Once I get rid of the mutation config clientside, it will all be handled with Minetweaker scripts, so I will have to send the mutations to the client." - It would still be configurable in a simple text file though, right?

Also, this may seem like a dumb question, but could you clarify this config option:

# Set to false to disable automatic mutations for Pam's HarvestCraft [default: true]

Does this mean it doesn't automatically generate these mutations? Does it mean that Harvestcraft has it's own? What's it MEEEEEAAAN? XD

Getting rid of the mutation config will mean you'll have to do everything with Minetweaker.
The config option for that is just not to generate harvestcraft mutations. There will be no default way to get the seeds from harvestcraft trough mutating

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Also, yes... I mean to set it above 300. 300 seconds is only 5 minutes, and I may want to gate it down a bit tighter than that. I could just really lower the % chance, but my intent is to have a high %chance every long interval, rather than lots of small chance checks on short intervals.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Also, yes... I mean to set it above 300. 300 seconds is only 5 minutes, and I may want to gate it down a bit tighter than that. I could just really lower the % chance, but my intent is to have a high %chance every long interval, rather than lots of small chance checks on short intervals.

This is doable, if I dont forget, I'll throw in a config option during my next bug fixing session

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
One more thing that just occurred to me... Is it possible to configure what plants will and won't appear in the greenhouses?

I am just full of questions:

Can we get an expanded explanation of what the traits for each seed mean? Also, can the level of those traits be included as a requirement for mutation?

And while I'm in a magical world where I can ask for a pony, even if I don't get it:

Can the grass-seed drop list also have biome specifications?

(Like if I only want wheat seeds to drop in plains, and potato seeds in hills.)

Although let's get ridiculous, shall we?

In a perfect world:

Seed Drop Lists by:
Biome, OnBlock, UnderTree, UnderSky, ByWater, LevelY, WhileClear, WhileRaining, WhileThunder, WhileDay, WhileNight

Annnnnnd:
Can Crops have Light Level as an additional specification? (Heck, and UnderTree/UnderSky as well)

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
One more thing that just occurred to me... Is it possible to configure what plants will and won't appear in the greenhouses?
No, but maybe I should add a config for that too, good point.

Can we get an expanded explanation of what the traits for each seed mean? Also, can the level of those traits be included as a requirement for mutation?
Growth = the higher the number hte faster it grows (10 growing each growth tick)
Gain = the higher the number, the more fruits drop (10 giving 4 drops)
Strength = the higher the number, the less susceptible to weeds (10 being fully immune)

And while I'm in a magical world where I can ask for a pony, even if I don't get it
You have to ride a unicorn past two mating withers trough a nether portal and there your pony awaits

Can the grass-seed drop list also have biome specifications?
(Like if I only want wheat seeds to drop in plains, and potato seeds in hills.)
No, sorry

Seed Drop Lists by:
Biome, OnBlock, UnderTree, UnderSky, ByWater, LevelY, WhileClear, WhileRaining, WhileThunder, WhileDay, WhileNight
It's not a perfect world, so no

Annnnnnd:
Can Crops have Light Level as an additional specification? (Heck, and UnderTree/UnderSky as well)
They do have light level as a requirement, clear sky is not a requirement

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying...

Three more Questions:

I know plants have preferred soil types, but rather than making it a black or white 'Yes/No' growth thing, can they be penalized if on the wrong kind?

I also noticed this line in the configuration file:
Other possible soils are soulsand, sand or mycelium.

Are those the *Only* other three soils? Or can you configure in any available soil? (Say, Loamy Dirt from BoP)

Also: In and amongst that configuration, perhaps a way to configure what grows in the Village farms? All of this aimed at gating progression of course.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying...

Three more Questions:

I know plants have preferred soil types, but rather than making it a black or white 'Yes/No' growth thing, can they be penalized if on the wrong kind?
There is a thing open for that on the github tracker

I also noticed this line in the configuration file:
Other possible soils are soulsand, sand or mycelium.

Are those the *Only* other three soils? Or can you configure in any available soil? (Say, Loamy Dirt from BoP)
Any block that is not liquid

Also: In and amongst that configuration, perhaps a way to configure what grows in the Village farms? All of this aimed at gating progression of course.
Don't know how i'd go around doing this, I can have a look at it but I'm not promising anything

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Now, after all of that being demanding and asking for things, I just want to say.

"Infinity Raider? This mod is amazaballs, it's close to the one I want to write myself. Thank you for everything!"

Reactions: InfinityRaider