[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I am a bit confused, to get Nitor wart you need Nether wart and orange tulip. Netherwart needs full darknees, orange tulip needs light, they have to be one block apart for mutation. This seems a bit... off.

Mrdeadlocked

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not able to get anything beyond a 1-2-2 tomato seed. I've tried 20 times even from the beginning with a couple new 1-1-1 seeds, they all go into a 1-2-2 seed at the end. Plant the 1-2-2 seed let it mature, put double cropsticks on the sides of it and those seeds are still 1-2-2 seeds.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I am a bit confused, to get Nitor wart you need Nether wart and orange tulip. Netherwart needs full darknees, orange tulip needs light, they have to be one block apart for mutation. This seems a bit... off.
Uuuuh, I actually didn't think of this, sorry. i'll change that, thanks for mentioning it.

I'm not able to get anything beyond a 1-2-2 tomato seed. I've tried 20 times even from the beginning with a couple new 1-1-1 seeds, they all go into a 1-2-2 seed at the end. Plant the 1-2-2 seed let it mature, put double cropsticks on the sides of it and those seeds are still 1-2-2 seeds.
Check the config, with certain settings you will need multiple mature plants around the cross crops to get the stats to increase.

OhmsFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there! I have both Agricraft and HarvestCraft (and HungerOverhaul, not sure if that matters) installed. And the crop mutations for HarvestCraft do not seem to work. They don't appear in NEI at least. I have messed quite a bit with the configs for both HarvestCraft and HungerOverhaul, so I was just wondering what reason that there could be for those mutations not working?
I have not disabled the Agricraft config for HarvestCraft mutations.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
So I noticed something that came up when I was doing some Minetweakering. When I was trying to add more than one block nearby, it just did the first one and stopped. Any info on this?

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there! I have both Agricraft and HarvestCraft (and HungerOverhaul, not sure if that matters) installed. And the crop mutations for HarvestCraft do not seem to work. They don't appear in NEI at least. I have messed quite a bit with the configs for both HarvestCraft and HungerOverhaul, so I was just wondering what reason that there could be for those mutations not working?

Mine did that the first time I loaded it too. There's a line in the main config that if you set it to true will regen the default mutations. They should show up then.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
So I noticed something that came up when I was doing some Minetweakering. When I was trying to add more than one block nearby, it just did the first one and stopped. Any info on this?
Well it can only have one block as a requirement.

what @GrammieFi said

Joe Amaroq

Jul 29, 2019

What worked for me is:

- Build a dark room in the overworld with both soul sand, tilled soil, and glowstone covered with soul sand between them both. The tilled soil needs to be wet, hence the overworld, so use a pool of water or a sprinkler to wet it.
- To grow the nether wart, darken the room. You can use a redstone torch so you can see what you do; it's dark enough for the wart to grow.
- Once the nether wart is mature, light up the room with normal torch(es) and grow the tulip. The wart can't grow in this light but won't uproot.
- Once the tulip is mature, place the crops to cross breed the nitor wart. Do this in normal light and the success rate is 100%: the nether wart won't grow in this light, and the tulip won't grow on soul sand.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I will admit, it was quite funny watching the shenanigans pakratt went to to get the netherwart in darkness and the tulip with just enough light... but its a bit beyond the average player :p

Reactions: InfinityRaider

Joe Amaroq

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't watched pakratt, but I don't think it's too hard to do. Given the ease with which you can grow glowstone once you have the nitor wart, I think it is ok to make it a bit challenging to get that far. Average players can always harvest glowstone in the nether, with a pick or their bare hands... :)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't watched pakratt, but I don't think it's too hard to do. Given the ease with which you can grow glowstone once you have the nitor wart, I think it is ok to make it a bit challenging to get that far. Average players can always harvest glowstone in the nether, with a pick or their bare hands... :)

He's an experienced player, and it took nearly 2 hours to find a solution, thats a bit too hard, not much but a tiny bit too hard.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
He's an experienced player, and it took nearly 2 hours to find a solution, thats a bit too hard, not much but a tiny bit too hard.
Jaded saying somethign is too hard, thats somethign you don't see everyday.

Anyway, @Joe Amaroq makes a good point, if you mature the nether wart first, and dont harvest it, then it doesn't matter if it is bright or not, then mature the tulips, and there is no issue. I might even keep it like this now.

Joe Amaroq

Jul 29, 2019
So the fact that pakratt used 2 hours makes it only accessible to experienced players? I'm not that experienced, I guess, but it took me considerably less time. But suit yourself; I only tried to help.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So the fact that pakratt used 2 hours makes it only accessible to experienced players? I'm not that experienced, I guess, but it took me considerably less time. But suit yourself; I only tried to help.

I wasn't trying to insult you. Just explaining why I felt it was perhaps a bit much. :(

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...yes. :3
I have a habit of doing things like that.

Here is a small taste if you are interested in my modpack.
Every crop needs a specific thaumcraft crystal cluster nearby to grow, and some I want to have more than one crystal required, such as rice needs terra and aqua.

I am also curious why multiple crop mutations haven't been thought of yet, like 3 or 4 (Max : P) crops required to mutate one.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...yes. :3
I have a habit of doing things like that.

Here is a small taste if you are interested in my modpack.
Every crop needs a specific thaumcraft crystal cluster nearby to grow, and some I want to have more than one crystal required, such as rice needs terra and aqua.
That reminds me, I should add NBT support too.