[1.7.10] AgriCraft

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Could be useful, the crystals work fine besides the fact I can only dictate one per crop currently.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to set the seed tier higher than 5? I'm looking to get a growth rate similar to ender-lillies, and tier 5 isn't it.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to set the seed tier higher than 5? I'm looking to get a growth rate similar to ender-lillies, and tier 5 isn't it.
By default, the max tier is 10, and the growth rates are ALWAYS better than ender lilies unless someone messed with something they shouldn't have, or you aren't giving your farm actual sun.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
By default, the max tier is 10, and the growth rates are ALWAYS better than ender lilies unless someone messed with something they shouldn't have, or you aren't giving your farm actual sun.
tier = how fast a crop spreads and grows, not its stats. Magical crops default to tier 4, which is why normal bonemeal doesn't work on them on crops. Max tier is 5 though.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
So one thing I'd like to request is (What I believe to be) an alteration in how the irrigation system works.

Under my current paradigm, you cannot transport water source blocks, or lava source blocks in a bucket. Meaning you can fill the tank, and extract water from the tank, but you cannot PLACE a water source block.

Now, I'm not sure where the hang-up is presently, but it's probably in the interplay between Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life, but I'd love for the blocks being affected by a sprinkler to register as being near a water source block (while it's running).

Given the parameters of my present setup, what I'm looking for is a way to continue farming as per norm (Where you cannot plow unless the water is near a water source block (Hydrated?) ), while using Agricraft. I've got all these puzzle pieces, and they ALMOST fit together.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So one thing I'd like to request is (What I believe to be) an alteration in how the irrigation system works.

Under my current paradigm, you cannot transport water source blocks, or lava source blocks in a bucket. Meaning you can fill the tank, and extract water from the tank, but you cannot PLACE a water source block.

Now, I'm not sure where the hang-up is presently, but it's probably in the interplay between Hunger Overhaul/Spice of Life, but I'd love for the blocks being affected by a sprinkler to register as being near a water source block (while it's running).

Given the parameters of my present setup, what I'm looking for is a way to continue farming as per norm (Where you cannot plow unless the water is near a water source block (Hydrated?) ), while using Agricraft. I've got all these puzzle pieces, and they ALMOST fit together.
Your problem is Hunger Overhaul using the Hoe alternate method which tries to get seeds if the grass is more than four blocks away from water instead of tilling. There's a config file to disable this.

Alternatively, if you want to be a bit more punishing, you can set up RandomThings and require using the Fertilized Dirt from Random Things (requires bonemeal and zombie flesh) to plant on with an irrigation system. Use Minetweaker to tweak the recipe for Fertilized Dirt as you see fit.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Shneekey - I deliberately wanted it to NOT be disabled, actually. That part is configured and working as intended.

I'll have to check out RandomThings, and I can use Loot++ to change the recipes rather than MineTweaker, since I'm using it already. (Your point was hardly that though).

In all honesty, my system goes a bit more in depth than even that, adding multiple types of soil and requiring their use for certain styles of plants.

There components of my soil tech tree (as it were) are:
Loam
Sand
Clay
Dirt
Compost
Humus

And each of these can be mixed to create intermediate steps.

Clay + Sand = Sandy Clay (As Clay is prevalent)
Sand + Clay = Heavy Sand (As Sand is prevalent)
Clay + Soil = Clay Soil
Sand + Clay Soil = Sandy Clay Soil

You get the idea.

If I could find a way to incorporate NPK requirements into the mix, and have every growth tick consume (or replace) some from the soil block it's sitting on and it's neighbors, I'd be in hogs heaven, and one more step on my way to where I want to end up.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
You want higher tiers? Before I do this I need to check the math involved with the tier. Maybe I'll allow it, maybe not.

I could make the material of the blocks water, this way the game would regocnise them as "source blocks", but it would still have to be placed within a 4 block radius.
My main concern is, that by doing this the farmland will stay irrigated, even without being sprinkled because it thinks there is water near.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I can definitely see that being a problem. I figured the problem was bigger than a simple fix.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
So basically there's no way to get my crop to grow that slowly?

This may be possible if you combine Hunger Overhaul with this mod. The growth duration can be configured through HO. Though I don't know if it affects crops in the plots.

I as well would like a much extended growth time.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
So basically there's no way to get my crop to grow that slowly?
This may be possible if you combine Hunger Overhaul with this mod. The growth duration can be configured through HO. Though I don't know if it affects crops in the plots.

I as well would like a much extended growth time.
I can add a config value for a growth speed multiplier.

Yeah, I can definitely see that being a problem. I figured the problem was bigger than a simple fix.
it just occurred to me to see how HO does that hoe logic and maybe I can hook into that to check for an (active) sprinkler

Reactions: LunariusH

SteyrTMP

Jul 29, 2019
Compatibility bug report: Crash to Desktop when trying to plant Hop Seeds from Psychedelicraft in crops. Have not tested with other plants in Psychedelicraft.
EDIT: It seems that I am unable to load that word at all now, likely corrupted. New world, so no worries, but just so you're aware there is a bug.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Compatibility bug report: Crash to Desktop when trying to plant Hop Seeds from Psychedelicraft in crops. Have not tested with other plants in Psychedelicraft.
EDIT: It seems that I am unable to load that word at all now, likely corrupted. New world, so no worries, but just so you're aware there is a bug.
What version of AgriCraft?

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
If I can define that per crop then that would give me exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, any traction on that config setting to globally disable base block requirements?

While we're asking for ponies, a per crop configuration for whether a crop is harested in whole or just the fruit would be awesome.

I mean, you're pulling up the roots of a potato, kinda gotta start from scratch.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
If I can define that per crop then that would give me exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, any traction on that config setting to globally disable base block requirements?
It won't be per crop, if you want to tweak crops specifically, play with the tiers.

While we're asking for ponies, a per crop configuration for whether a crop is harested in whole or just the fruit would be awesome.

I mean, you're pulling up the roots of a potato, kinda gotta start from scratch.
I'm going to deny this one, sorry.