[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try to figure it out too ;)
Nothing to be done for Binnie's (and therefore Forestry, Gendustry, etc) until he updates and uses the new Forestry API. :( I think removing it is a bad idea, it is integral to the pack, and worlds will break.
MagicBees can be updated to 2.3.6, however, the Bee recipe problems remain -- they require mana petals, which are removed in the version of Botania in this pack. This still exists even in the latest version of MagicBees. Easiest fix here is to downrev Botania to 1.7-237 and wait for MagicBees to get updated before re-updating Botania. Do include MagicBees 2.3.6 though! :). There is an issue already reported in the tracker. These recipes could be replaced with ModTweaker, but I'm not sure what would be a good replacement for mana petals.

Reactions: jtmnf
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

As a note on the tutorials, the last one where you have to hand in the modified fertility 4 rocky bee, could the quest be re-worded to make this clearer as I modified a different bee and then found out that I couldn't hand in a rocky bee. I assumed it was because it was not fertility 4 so I can't get the chunk loader OR make it a two part quest where you hand in the modified rocky Bee first and then hand back in the machines after to get the reward?

I second your great idea. I screwed up on that quest too... :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, having a problem with the modpack hanging on loading. It's gone through the white Mojang screen and has been on a black screen for a good 10 minutes. Pastebin of the console is here: http://pastebin.com/vzuFsv2L

EDIT: And after a quit and relaunch, it's working fine. o_O

Last edited:

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to set up a private server of this one, using Nitrous Networks, but when I expand the zip file and upload it to the server, it just spawns me in a 'normal' world rather than the default map. What am I missing? Thanks!

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Argh.... Is the 10% chance that horrid? I'm trying to get noble/diligent, BUT I KEEP GETTING COMMON/CULTIVATED HYBRIDS!!! Argh.... time to do more beekeeping... :mad:XD

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to set up a private server of this one, using Nitrous Networks, but when I expand the zip file and upload it to the server, it just spawns me in a 'normal' world rather than the default map. What am I missing? Thanks!
The save map is provided in the template folder! You have to create a world and copy the contents inside that folder and replace it in the folder of the generated world!

Argh.... Is the 10% chance that horrid? I'm trying to get noble/diligent, BUT I KEEP GETTING COMMON/CULTIVATED HYBRIDS!!! Argh.... time to do more beekeeping... :mad:XD
If you are doing with the normal bee breeding, good luck :p I took 1 week (real week) to reach to imperial and industrious, not hybrid...

Quick question- is there any way of adding the extra nuggets to the Railcraft metals chest?
Its brilliant for the nuggets, but it only does iron, gold, tin, copper and lead.
I didn't understand the question?

In this time I bred all my plants up to 10/10/10 but didn't do any cross breeding, so it was not completely wasted time but it was a long time to have to keep putting the bees back in. Could the number of damb/honey combs be halved to speed this bit up a bit?

As a note on the tutorials, the last one where you have to hand in the modified fertility 4 rocky bee, could the quest be re-worded to make this clearer as I modified a different bee and then found out that I couldn't hand in a rocky bee. I assumed it was because it was not fertility 4 so I can't get the chunk loader OR make it a two part quest where you hand in the modified rocky Bee first and then hand back in the machines after to get the reward?

About the speed, I checked the configs and I didn't saw any numbers to change the speed that they give combs... Sorry :\

As in the tutorial, I agree with that, I can re-order some things, yes :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
On the subject of 're-ordering', I found it a little odd that the quest involving the Argentum bee was gated behind the one for the Electrum bee. Not a big deal by any means - except that by the time I had the Electrum bee, I had already converted my silver to ingots.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
The Railcraft metals chest- it'll auto-compress nuggets->ingots->blocks whenever you have enough of them.
Is there any way to add additional metal types? Or am I stuck with copper/tin/gold/iron/lead only?
I just checked the railcraft config files, and there is nothing about configuring that chest. Also checked ModTweaker, and the metal chest is not supported.

So, probably you are stuck

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I finished up the Frame Housing quest, and almost had a heart attack seeing the explosion of hoarding quests that come after it. Then I really looked at them, looked at my barrels, and saw that I have seven of the fourteen all set to hand in as soon as I finish making the frames, and I'm about halfway to another two of them. :D

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
The save map is provided in the template folder! You have to create a world and copy the contents inside that folder and replace it in the folder of the generated world!

Agreed - and I thought that would work, but when I start the server, I get a load of warnings about missing tile entities (TileNode, TileEntityCarpentersBlock, TileEntityCarpentersSafe etc), and then I'm presented with this...

2015-12-18_18.21.04.png

Using v2.0.8 from the FTB launcher by the way.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed - and I thought that would work, but when I start the server, I get a load of warnings about missing tile entities (TileNode, TileEntityCarpentersBlock, TileEntityCarpentersSafe etc), and then I'm presented with this...

Using v2.0.8 from the FTB launcher by the way.
What???? Ok, that's stupid... I always update the saved map to match all the new things that I add/change... That is a weird but... If you do it in the singleplayer, it happens that too?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
What???? Ok, that's stupid... I always update the saved map to match all the new things that I add/change... That is a weird but... If you do it in the singleplayer, it happens that too?

No such problem when starting a new single-player game from 2.0.8 (just tested), everything looks correct there. If it makes any difference, when I start it on a server, I don't start on the platform either, but at about Y level 20, and have to '/tp' myself up to the platform in the previous picture.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
No such problem when starting a new single-player game from 2.0.8 (just tested), everything looks correct there. If it makes any difference, when I start it on a server, I don't start on the platform either, but at about Y level 20, and have to '/tp' myself up to the platform in the previous picture.
Try to create the world in singleplayer and copy it to the server...

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like an interesting concept, I've always wanted to get into bees but it's never been "optimal" in other packs. I am not liking all the freebies though, the quest book just hands you everything you could ever need or want, late/end game machines for a few bits of wood or cobble, to the point where I quickly lost interest in playing.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Seems like an interesting concept, I've always wanted to get into bees but it's never been "optimal" in other packs. I am not liking all the freebies though, the quest book just hands you everything you could ever need or want, late/end game machines for a few bits of wood or cobble, to the point where I quickly lost interest in playing.

There are a few things to consider when focusing a map around bees - and I'm saying this because I have been considering them since before I started playing this pack.

If you want a pack to focus on bees, the player has to have the ability to work with the bees. Building a bee infrastructure from the ground up (as I did in TPL's Regrowth pack) takes a lot of resources and a lot of trial and error. The pack designer has to figure on how much frustration a player is willing to go through in order to accomplish - well, anything. They have to make sure that the player can get enough resources to progress at a reasonable pace.

This pack kind of hand-holds the player through the basics of bees, and introduces some higher-order interactions (like bees+Thaumcraft and bees+Botania), while keeping the distractions pretty low. It might be possible to do a 'from the ground up' bee-oriented Skyblock sort of thing, but materials and frustration would be the big things to overcome in that kind of pack.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
To further @OniyaMCD, the freebies do seem a bit.. generous.. at the beginning.. but as you progress, you will find they aren't nearly enough to keep you going. I actually shared your opinion to a degree, until I had made it passed the first few hurdles, and got to understand what it really takes to run a base that is supplied entirely by bees.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
To further @OniyaMCD, the freebies do seem a bit.. generous.. at the beginning.. but as you progress, you will find they aren't nearly enough to keep you going. I actually shared your opinion to a degree, until I had made it passed the first few hurdles, and got to understand what it really takes to run a base that is supplied entirely by bees.

I'll admit that I'm supplemented by PamsCraft (another of my 'collector' vices), as I run around my base sustained by chocolate milk, 'toast sandwiches' and coffee. (Wait - that sounds oddly familiar...*goes to check fridge*)

Anyways, @xXx_Snivy_xXx up the page is trying a replay without using any of the Gendustry machines and seems to be confirming my 'frustration' concern.

Reactions: xXx_Snivy_xXx
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I'll admit that I'm supplemented by PamsCraft (another of my 'collector' vices), as I run around my base sustained by chocolate milk, 'toast sandwiches' and coffee. (Wait - that sounds oddly familiar...*goes to check fridge*)

Anyways, @xXx_Snivy_xXx up the page is trying a replay without using any of the Gendustry machines and seems to be confirming my 'frustration' concern.
Yes, yes I am. XD Patience is something I lack... :p

Oh, and for food, I just munch on cooooookies!

Also, I just went on a server (for fun since I'm busy waiting for mutation), and saw another guy's island covered in green cobweb thingies. How did that happen?