[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
1) Catalyst is the only way to get leather, as I believe passive mob spawn may have been disabled. (I should have gotten at least one squid with all my irrigation ponds.) Even if passive mobs can spawn, you'd still need to go through Botania to get the pasture seeds from the Vazbee.

2) You can either install pneumatic servos in order to upgrade the itemduct's functionality (allowing white/blacklisting of items as well as extraction), or you can put down a lever/redstone torch to make it extract everything.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
1) Catalyst is the only way to get leather, as I believe passive mob spawn may have been disabled. (I should have gotten at least one squid with all my irrigation ponds.) Even if passive mobs can spawn, you'd still need to go through Botania to get the pasture seeds from the Vazbee.
Passive mob spawn is on. Can also buy spawn cow eggs from Pam's market, which takes emeralds.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Passive mob spawn is on. Can also buy spawn cow eggs from Pam's market, which takes emeralds.

Guess I've just been unlucky (or lucky!) with the squids. (I was unlucky with Barbecue, though - he despawned. RIP.)

EDIT: *pages through the Market* Well. Now I know how I'm getting Podzol!

Last edited:
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Noooo barbecue ;-; :(

I tried pneumatic servos, but they don't work...... I have spammed rightclick on the itemduct....

By the way, if I put automation upgrades in the industrial apiary, and put an itemduct to extract stuff into a chest, will that automate the bee breeding while extracting the produce?

Oh yes, I'm just wondering, couldn't I get pasture seeds by shearing dead bushes and turning them into long grass, and then into pasture seeds? Idk anyways...

chaosblad3

Jul 29, 2019
I tried pneumatic servos, but they don't work...... I have spammed rightclick on the itemduct....
Once the servo is installed (when the section of the pipe has the arrow mark on it), right click that part with an EMPTY hand to open the menu where you can set it to not require a redstone signal to extract, otherwise it needs a redstone signal to work.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Once the servo is installed (when the section of the pipe has the arrow mark on it), right click that part with an EMPTY hand to open the menu where you can set it to not require a redstone signal to extract, otherwise it needs a redstone signal to work.
Uh... as I said earlier... the servo won't insert... Also, the itemduct doesn't get a red arrow sign after I rightclick with the wrench....

EDIT: I just found out the reason. Thermal Dynamics 1.7.10 has different mechanics than the Thermal Expansion from 1.6.4 (when I played agrarian skies). The red arrow, is actually a separate item, called a servo. It has to be crafted... Oh well, time to spend iron...

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Question for the experts. I made a fancy template with Day/Night: true, some other stuff, and put it on my princess and drone (copper and tin), then I bred them together to the bronze on, but it reverts after a while. I thought the mutatron removes the ability to revert traits. Then I put the template again on the queen, still reverts after a while. I noticed it because it stops at night after a while.

Tried the same again, put the template on drone and princess, bread them, put the template on the queen, still doesnt work. What is the issue here?

Only got the bee analyzer a minute before I stopped playing, this might give me more information here.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
When you breed a new species, you get the default traits of the new species.

Sticking the template on the queen only changes half the traits- its like using the template only on the princess. The drone half has unaltered traits [default bronze in your case] which is why you see the re occurrence.
------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news: Ding! results are in.
2015-12-14_10.25.06.png

Identical Cuprum and Stannum bees with 8 production upgrades each.

Reactions: jtmnf
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Sticking the template on the queen only changes half the traits- its like using the template only on the princess. The drone half has unaltered traits [default bronze in your case] which is why you see the re occurrence.
View attachment 25021
The RNG.... urgh...

Question for the experts. I made a fancy template with Day/Night: true, some other stuff, and put it on my princess and drone (copper and tin), then I bred them together to the bronze on, but it reverts after a while. I thought the mutatron removes the ability to revert traits. Then I put the template again on the queen, still reverts after a while. I noticed it because it stops at night after a while.

Tried the same again, put the template on drone and princess, bread them, put the template on the queen, still doesnt work. What is the issue here?

Only got the bee analyzer a minute before I stopped playing, this might give me more information here.

I think you should apply the template only on the drone and princess of your desired species, (e.g. Bronzed), as mentioned by Celestialphoenix. I made that dumb mistake twice.... and got killed by lightning from Excited Bees, and poison from Tropical Bees. XD

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 25021

Yes, what you need to do after each species you breed is run it once to get the princess and drone. If you don't have the correct climate/flower I usually change the queen to something I can breed once. THEN i apply the template to both the princess and the drone so that you have the same traits on both. :)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Oops I answered this in the post below yours. Every time you breed a new species the queen will have a brand new set of default stats. If you run it through a template only the DOMINANT set of stats will be modified. What you need to do is run the queen first, then use the template on the princess and drone. IF you can't run the queen because of climate/flower make a template that changes those stats just so you can run it the first time. Make sure to have a separate industrial apiary without an automation upgrade in it when you are doing this. Mistakes will be made. :)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Noooo barbecue ;-; :(

By the way, if I put automation upgrades in the industrial apiary, and put an itemduct to extract stuff into a chest, will that automate the bee breeding while extracting the produce?

Oh yes, I'm just wondering, couldn't I get pasture seeds by shearing dead bushes and turning them into long grass, and then into pasture seeds? Idk anyways...

That would work...if you know how to get dead bushes. :)

The road to a pasture seed is long and hard and involves a LOT of bee mutation. :)

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double post... I have two more questions :p

1. How can I get leather instead of Botania? I don't have the catalyst...

2. How do I change the settings of an itemduct to extract items from a chest? When I rightclick with a wrench, nothing happens, except that the itemduct gets disconnected...:confused:

Thanks for all the help in advance! :)

1. You can get leather through botania, having animals passively spawn on grass, or by buying an egg through pam's marketplace with emeralds.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing is that I asked a similar question when I first wrote here in this thread some month ago. did not have any issue after that in Singleplayer.

I remembered putting the template on princess and drone, but as I understand you this only works for princess and drone of the same type.

So basically whatever copper and tin bees I breed together, I always get a standard bronze queen with the traits I can find in NEI, right?
This only works with the Mutatron, a breeding in the Industrial Apiary might give me different results?

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Yeah. But the Industrial Apiary does not have a 100% chance of mutation. Best way is don't apply template on copper and tin bees yet, breed them into a bronze queen, then let it die once. Then, take a bronze drone and princess for imprinting the template, before combining them.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing is that I asked a similar question when I first wrote here in this thread some month ago. did not have any issue after that in Singleplayer.

I remembered putting the template on princess and drone, but as I understand you this only works for princess and drone of the same type.

So basically whatever copper and tin bees I breed together, I always get a standard bronze queen with the traits I can find in NEI, right?
This only works with the Mutatron, a breeding in the Industrial Apiary might give me different results?

Yes the mutatron gives you a standard queen. If you breed via the standard forestry way either in an apiary/industrial apiary/alverary odds are you'll get a mix of species. Bronze/Copper or Bronze/Tin.

Reactions: jtmnf

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Uh... as I said earlier... the servo won't insert... Also, the itemduct doesn't get a red arrow sign after I rightclick with the wrench....

EDIT: I just found out the reason. Thermal Dynamics 1.7.10 has different mechanics than the Thermal Expansion from 1.6.4 (when I played agrarian skies). The red arrow, is actually a separate item, called a servo. It has to be crafted... Oh well, time to spend iron...

Ahhhh. My most recent work with itemducts was in Horizons, which uses the old TE mod.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Weeds are supposed to be disabled, right?

Checking the config file, I found:

B:"Enable weeds"=false
In the Agricraft section (the first block)

but
B:"Enable weeds"=true
In the farming section (line 108 in my file)

I will test with the second instance set to false later

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Weeds are supposed to be disabled, right?

Checking the config file, I found:

B:"Enable weeds"=false
In the Agricraft section (the first block)

but
B:"Enable weeds"=true
In the farming section (line 108 in my file)

I will test with the second instance set to false later

Yep. They're supposed to be.