[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
What mod added a ender cake that lets you go to the end? I want to say Ex Nilo. I know it's not in this pack anymore but to bad there wasn't a mod just for that. Can I ask why the End and Nether are off limits in this pack?
I don't know which mod add it :-/

For now, I don't want to complicate things... I probably change that in the future, I've some plans for that! I know that you have to kill a wither SPOILER but going to the Nether and to the End is adding more unneeded challenges to the game! That's my opinion, but I'm able to change it :) like I said, in the future I might change it!

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
What mod added a ender cake that lets you go to the end? I want to say Ex Nilo. I know it's not in this pack anymore but to bad there wasn't a mod just for that. Can I ask why the End and Nether are off limits in this pack?

I think the ender cake comes from ex nihlo. I think the intention of the pack is to be focused mainly on bees. :)

Reactions: jtmnf

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the Nether is off limits..? Way more efficient to Netherrack for gravel, too!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think the intention of the pack is to be focused mainly on bees. :)

The thing is the nether and end both have hives in them if I'm not mistaken. Also since nether ores is not in the pack so you still have to do be in that regard. To bee honest (Yes I went there :) they would be more of a thing to do while doing bees. That's just my thoughts.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I love the way bees sparkle at night!
2015-08-14_21.47.42.png

Reactions: RehabOholic

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
You have a cool setup! wink wink!! But for real, about how long have you been playing? It seems like you have a good bit of automation going on? Whats going on with the pipes coming out of the top of the hives in the front of your pic?
15 hours or so. All the hives have automation upgrades, so they just continuously produce. Opaque item ducts carry bee products to the chest, which dumps into the ME system. Haven't had need to automate anything else yet.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
yes I know these are old messages, but after reading 13 pages I got bored so I will say this.

Hm. Maybe move the gene extractor to the quest that gives the mutagen and mutatron... And require a common gene serum? Dunno how much that would mess up the balance. Just trying to figure out alternative to bee.
Flora I suscribed to you on youtube

I never though of making it Peaceful because I wanted at least a Wither to be killed (just for fun - and so you have to make some good blocks from Ender IO :p )!
and nice pack jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the Nether is off limits..? Way more efficient to Netherrack for gravel, too!
The thing is the nether and end both have hives in them if I'm not mistaken. Also since nether ores is not in the pack so you still have to do be in that regard. To bee honest (Yes I went there :) they would be more of a thing to do while doing bees. That's just my thoughts.
I'll think about that :)

I love the way bees sparkle at night!
View attachment 21801
Your setup is +- equal to mine! I used some Itemducts and an Interface that collects everything from the apiarys! Nice work :)

yes I know these are old messages, but after reading 13 pages I got bored so I will say this.

Flora I suscribed to you on youtube

and nice pack jtmnf
Thanks dragon_fang101 :D

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Compact Machines was in this pack:) http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224218-compact-machines

I don't know if its just me, but I have lost all creative thunder when it comes to building in minecraft.. Even more so with Sky Block maps.. This mod would be great to get these and place different bees in them. You could have metal bees in one. mob drop bees in another, etc. The great thing about the mod is you can pipe in and out of your cubes on all 6 sides. That's just me.

I think the constant watching of bees doing there thing is getting to me.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Compact Machines was in this pack:) http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224218-compact-machines

I don't know if its just me, but I have lost all creative thunder when it comes to building in minecraft.. Even more so with Sky Block maps.. This mod would be great to get these and place different bees in them. You could have metal bees in one. mob drop bees in another, etc. The great thing about the mod is you can pipe in and out of your cubes on all 6 sides. That's just me.

I think the constant watching of bees doing there thing is getting to me.
I have to test it first! It's a great mod, but I don't want to "remove" the apiaries... I want it to be really about Bees and going apiary by apiary changing stuff, etc etc... But I'll test it :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I have to test it first! It's a great mod, but I don't want to "remove" the apiaries... I want it to be really about Bees and going apiary by apiary changing stuff, etc etc... But I'll test it :)

I'm not following. Why would you have to remove the Apiaries? If I remember the inside of the CM it is a sky biome so you should be able to raise the temp with upgrades. At least they use to.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not following. Why would you have to remove the Apiaries? If I remember the inside of the CM it is a sky biome so you should be able to raise the temp with upgrades. At least they use to.
You are correct... My bad, sorry...

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 4 - Botania in Bee Happy

About the new update that I'm going to release maybe this week, I have to:
- see if I add Iguana Tweaks OR remove Tinker's;
- see if I add Compact Machines;
- change some quests;
- make the Nether more useful;
- study the possibility to go to the End;
- Botania stuff (I don't remember the name);
- Change Applied Energistics Quest (the update from Magic Bees adds new Bees);
- Change the Carpenter's Safe (to anyone be able to destroy them);
- Change some rewards and increase the amount of fluxducts in the rewards (I received a lot of complains about that);
- Add oreberries in some quest so you do not have to wait only for Bees - this might be akward, but I understand that Bees can take a while to produce stuff... So, giving one oreberrie from each ore, you can increase the production of resources without taking the fun of the Bees from the modpack;
- I almost forgot this: Cactus and Agricraft configs!

I think I'm missing something...

Last edited:

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Nuggets arent the only way to get resources from bees. Grains are another option. You would actually double your ore output as a stack of grains gets you 16 ingots while a stack of nuggets only gets you 7. Sure, there is some extra processing required but that isnt a big deal. Im not trying to upset the creator here just giving another option for those that think nugget grinding is tedious.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Nuggets arent the only way to get resources from bees. Grains are another option. You would actually double your ore output as a stack of grains gets you 16 ingots while a stack of nuggets only gets you 7. Sure, there is some extra processing required but that isnt a big deal. Im not trying to upset the creator here just giving another option for those that think nugget grinding is tedious.
Upset? Why? I love suggestions :) the problem with the grains is the probability of getting them! I'm going to be honest, I never test the different Bees... I only saw the probability... I might change the recipe of nuggets to ingots (4 nugget = 1 ingot)!

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

About the new update that I'm going to release maybe this week, I have to:
- see if I add Iguana Tweaks OR remove Tinker's;
- see if I add Compact Machines;
- change some quests;
- make the Nether more useful;
- study the possibility to go to the End;
- Botania stuff (I don't remember the name);
- Change Applied Energistics Quest (the update from Magic Bees adds new Bees);
- Change the Carpenter's Safe (to anyone be able to destroy them);
- Change some rewards and increase the amount of fluxducts in the rewards (I received a lot of complains about that);
- Add oreberries in some quest so you do not have to wait only for Bees - this might be akward, but I understand that Bees can take a while to produce stuff... So, giving one oreberrie from each ore, you can increase the production of resources without taking the fun of the Bees from the modpack;
- I almost forgot this: Cactus and Agricraft configs!

I think I'm missing something...

I personally don't think the oreberries are necessary. As getting the nugget bees is really not too difficult in reality. The only real holdup really is princesses...which you can get from turning in combs, but it takes awhile to produce all those combs and no real automation available early on.

Most of the complaints I've had are from the early grind and the confusing introductory gendustry quests. Perhaps maybe some access to a few automation upgrades for the industrial apiaries could help or maybe access to a few more princesses without having to wait for 64 combs...

But as I continue through it I'll continue to give you my input. :)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't think the oreberries are necessary. As getting the nugget bees is really not too difficult in reality. The only real holdup really is princesses...which you can get from turning in combs, but it takes awhile to produce all those combs and no real automation available early on.

Most of the complaints I've had are from the early grind and the confusing introductory gendustry quests. Perhaps maybe some access to a few automation upgrades for the industrial apiaries could help or maybe access to a few more princesses without having to wait for 64 combs...

But as I continue through it I'll continue to give you my input. :)
So, if I understand what you said, it's useful to give more Automated Upgrades, right?