- see if I add Iguana Tweaks OR remove Tinker's;
- see if I add Compact Machines;
- change some quests;
- make the Nether more useful;
- study the possibility to go to the End;
- Botania stuff (I don't remember the name);
- Change Applied Energistics Quest (the update from Magic Bees adds new Bees);
- Change the Carpenter's Safe (to anyone be able to destroy them);
- Change some rewards and increase the amount of fluxducts in the rewards (I received a lot of complains about that);
- Add oreberries in some quest so you do not have to wait only for Bees - this might be akward, but I understand that Bees can take a while to produce stuff... So, giving one oreberrie from each ore, you can increase the production of resources without taking the fun of the Bees from the modpack;
- I almost forgot this: Cactus and Agricraft configs!

I think I'm missing something...

Ok, let's see what's missing:

- change some quests;

- Change some rewards and increase the amount of fluxducts in the rewards (I received a lot of complains about that);

- Add oreberries in some quest so you do not have to wait only for Bees - this might be akward, but I understand that Bees can take a while to produce stuff... So, giving one oreberrie from each ore, you can increase the production of resources without taking the fun of the Bees from the modpack;

Red: not in the update;
Blue: I couldn't see this now;
Green: changed;

I think this is a nice start :)

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the automation upgrades and a few extra ducts. I think if it was a little bit easier to get into Botania that would help with having something else to do when waiting on bees. I could bee missing something (a trick, etc.) but even with lifespan upgrades it takes a lot of drones to get the mana needed to get your first Botania Bee, and then you still have to get lucky to gen the right gen to make a princess. Maybe a few slow day/night blooms. Thanks again for the great pack.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the automation upgrades and a few extra ducts. I think if it was a little bit easier to get into Botania that would help with having something else to do when waiting on bees. I could bee missing something (a trick, etc.) but even with lifespan upgrades it takes a lot of drones to get the mana needed to get your first Botania Bee, and then you still have to get lucky to gen the right gen to make a princess. Maybe a few slow day/night blooms. Thanks again for the great pack.

Another option could be to add the agricraft recipies for the botania flowers, and then you could progress through Agricraft to help with Botania while your bees are working. :)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Another option could be to add the agricraft recipies for the botania flowers, and then you could progress through Agricraft to help with Botania while your bees are working. :)
I just didn't wanted to activated the Botania/Agricraft compatibility because I have Bees that can do that! But I agree with you!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Compact Machines was in this pack:) http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224218-compact-machines

I don't know if its just me, but I have lost all creative thunder when it comes to building in minecraft.. Even more so with Sky Block maps.. This mod would be great to get these and place different bees in them. You could have metal bees in one. mob drop bees in another, etc. The great thing about the mod is you can pipe in and out of your cubes on all 6 sides. That's just me.

I think the constant watching of bees doing there thing is getting to me.
I'm sorry to say, but I cannot add Compact Machines :\ it doesn't load the maps and you cannot create a new one too... I don't know what's happening, but after I added Compact Machines, I couldn't launch worlds neither create a new one! After I remove it, everything work fine again! Sorry :\

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry to say, but I cannot add Compact Machines :\ it doesn't load the maps and you cannot create a new one too... I don't know what's happening, but after I added Compact Machines, I couldn't launch worlds neither create a new one! After I remove it, everything work fine again! Sorry :\

Version compactmachines-1.7.10-1.19b is the version before the latest.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I already submitted to the FTB! In the next version I'll test it and check if it works!

That's fine:) You don't really have to add it, I was just trying to help figure out why it wasn't working. I for the life of me can't figure out why Minecraft crashes like that some times. No crash log, no nothing! It just goes straight back to the start screen. I did read the running log in MultiMC and it was complaining about Chisel 2, but there isn't a newer version of that mod to try. Thanks again.

Is there a changlog for the version you released?

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's +- this (haven't wroten yet):

- change some quests;

Red: not in the update;
Blue: I couldn't see this now;
Green: changed;

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with bees before, but I've always bee-n curious, so I thought I'd give it a go. So I tried this pack last night, and it is quite nice, but I agree with others that the 'bee' part of the pack is too slow.

It took me 3 in-game days to melt a block of redstone for forcing a mutation - and since I had no wool and therefore no way to sleep through the nights, solar power meant that the nights were quite unproductive, bee-wise. I maxed out a few Agricraft species, built up a big stockpile of logs, and used the builder's wand to expand out the platforms significantly.

That's partly my fault though - there's a quest where you hand in 64 cobble and get two industrial apiaries in exchange, and I avoided doing that because I thought it was the end of the questline, and all my power was being used by the mutation machines so I didn't have a use for the apiaries anyway. It was only later that I finished it, and found that I could get the more powerful solar panels and the wool for a bed, which would have sped things up considerably.

Still, after about 4 hours of play, I have produced about 8 honeycombs... and no other bee products.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with bees before, but I've always bee-n curious, so I thought I'd give it a go. So I tried this pack last night, and it is quite nice, but I agree with others that the 'bee' part of the pack is too slow.

It took me 3 in-game days to melt a block of redstone for forcing a mutation - and since I had no wool and therefore no way to sleep through the nights, solar power meant that the nights were quite unproductive, bee-wise. I maxed out a few Agricraft species, built up a big stockpile of logs, and used the builder's wand to expand out the platforms significantly.

That's partly my fault though - there's a quest where you hand in 64 cobble and get two industrial apiaries in exchange, and I avoided doing that because I thought it was the end of the questline, and all my power was being used by the mutation machines so I didn't have a use for the apiaries anyway. It was only later that I finished it, and found that I could get the more powerful solar panels and the wool for a bed, which would have sped things up considerably.

Still, after about 4 hours of play, I have produced about 8 honeycombs... and no other bee products.

I agree, but its still fun. I was trying to think of a mod/few to recommend to our great pack creator that wouldn't be any effort to add to kind of fill the waiting game a bit but am coming up short. The issue is that if the mod is resource heavy you would still have to wait heavily on bees for said resources, and its hard to find a mod that you can still do on a skyblock map. The pack is fun anyways, but there seems like there should be a few things to fill the void so to speak:)

Reactions: jtmnf and Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, but its still fun. I was trying to think of a mod/few to recommend to our great pack creator that wouldn't be any effort to add to kind of fill the waiting game a bit but am coming up short. The issue is that if the mod is resource heavy you would still have to wait heavily on bees for said resources, and its hard to find a mod that you can still do on a skyblock map. The pack is fun anyways, but there seems like there should be a few things to fill the void so to speak:)
"Fill the void" I see what you did there...

Anyway, I agree. I've never been the most patient individual so something to do while waiting for the bees to die other than mine cobble would be appreciated. Maybe a small thing to set up to automatically get cobble? Sort of like a cheaper but SLOWER version of the transfer node/world interaction upgrade combo?

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe just give us some free production upgrades at the start? Or a fully-charged energy cell, that you have to hand back after the mutation quest, or perhaps after the 8 honeycombs quests?

Or for side quests - maybe some mob hunting? Give zombies a chance to drop drones or something, and a quest to kill 10 zombies to get a bee-alyzer. Or add a bee-keeping villager with some trades that you can pay for with agricraft crop products.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Power is definitely an issue early on in the pack, and the fact that you can't sleep doesn't help especially with all the rain that you get because of not sleeping. A few things that bee noobs don't know about bee production, is that apiaries without frames are terrible at producing resources, I imagine it is the same thing with industrial apiaries without upgrades. Bee Houses are your friend early on as they allow for 100% production of your bees and they only cost wood to make. Once you have string you can make regular frames and that would make regular apiaries produce faster than bee houses. Which brings me to one of the things you can do while you wait on your queens to die. Work on agricraft mutations to get cotton, so that you can get string, so that you can make a bed. You can also grind out 10/10/10 plants, although not really necessary in this pack it gives you something to do.

Skyblocks in general tend to be grindy early on it's just the nature of the beast, but I'm a big fan of the something from nothing way they work. Plus I enjoy a good challenge, if I had designed the pack there would be no early gendustry machines and you'd be grinding your way slowly through REAL BEE breeding, which is a very slow and very painful process. :)

Reactions: rivvest

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Oh, I wanted to mention that quest.

As someone relatively new to bees, that part was very unclear to me. Was I supposed to submit the items right away, or use them to produce something? I had submitted them at the time, but it wasn't obvious if I had screwed the progression that way. It should probably get a more newbie-friendly quest text.

Reactions: Pudding01