[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Dimpl

Jul 29, 2019
I actually found this out in my last world. I'm going to try to get most aspects learned through this way in my current world, combining as few aspects as possible in the research table
That's what I did - the only one that HAS to be combined on the research table is mortuus, which is a bit of an oversight by Azanor (although, you know, it's Azanor. I can hardly criticize), which could be easily fixed by removing corpus from bones.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism, maybe it's also an idea to add a section to your guide called "Tips&Tricks" where you post things like tricks or things you should note for TC4

like that you can get most of the aspects by just analyzing things, without having to use the research table. or how you know how many aspects you still need to discover by searching "unknown" in NEI or what types of research you're best at getting first, things like that. people could help you with this part by posting their tips&tricks

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism, maybe it's also an idea to add a section to your guide called "Tips&Tricks" where you post things like tricks or things you should note for TC4

like that you can get most of the aspects by just analyzing things, without having to use the research table. or how you know how many aspects you still need to discover by searching "unknown" in NEI or what types of research you're best at getting first, things like that. people could help you with this part by posting their tips&tricks

Yeah I thought about doing this, however I don't trust the people on this site to use it as it should and some might even endeavor to have some of these tricks and such changed to make it harder for everyone else.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the list exclaiming how broken or OP some of them might be.

By all means, you can discuss them in the thread, but I don't want to put up a post for it.

Cranberry Sauce

Jul 29, 2019
Golem Core: Decanting
Auqu - Iter - Permutatio
As previously mentioned by Kayot, the research for the Golem Core: Decanting are Aqua, Iter, and Permutatio. While in the full research listing, you had it put down as "Research: Sensus - Telum - Vinculum" which i beleave came from miss reading the line above for the core in the source code:
COREGUARD Aspects: WEAPON:2, TRAP:1, SENSES:1 Parents: COREGATHER
CORELIQUID Aspects: WATER:2, EXCHANGE:1, TRAVEL:1 Parents: COREFILL

Also, in the same post under Advance Golems, in the second line of the description there is a typo, the word 'go' is missing the 'o'.

Besides those two problems, this has been one nicely put together guide that was very useful in my progress of being a Thaumaturge.

Dimpl

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to extract less than multiples of 8 of essentia? For example for golems, 3 humanus, 3 motus, 3 spiritus?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I thought about doing this, however I don't trust the people on this site to use it as it should and some might even endeavor to have some of these tricks and such changed to make it harder for everyone else.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they went down the list exclaiming how broken or OP some of them might be.

By all means, you can discuss them in the thread, but I don't want to put up a post for it.

I was also wondering, would you consider putting all your guides into a .pdf file or something similar so people could download it and use it offline?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine you'd need anymore file extentions but I'm not adding anymore to the front page. If you need a different version, just PM me and I'll try and make it.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't like the research mini-game. My brain melts moving those nodes around and wasting resources in the process. I'm just having a hard time in tc4, I've been a huge tc fan up until this latest one. It just feels so insanely tedious, I think I've spent 6-7 hours today just running around looking for nodes. The first time I tried tc4 was back at release but had some "bug" so never found any aura nodes in the open(except the totems), wasted all my resources at the table and made no progress whatsoever. Just me being in this thread kinda sums up how desperate I got at making some progress because I was just throwing away resources and didn't want to spend another x hours looking for nodes...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The cheat sheet helps a lot. What helped me the most was understanding the rune game. It's only mildly annoying once you get the hang of it. It's definitely something I only want to do once.

More than that, 2 other things helped me with research. Having powered flight, and getting the Goggles of Revealing research. I found a dozen nodes in about fifteen minutes once I had these two things. Flight makes nighttime node hunting great. Also node hunting in the Nether is great too.

To those that are in the dumps about the new research, I argue that you hate it because you don't get it. That's the boat I was in. In a short time after really getting the research I went from an iron wand to Silverwood & thaumium caps fairly quickly.

Reactions: Succubism

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
You've made some amazing work creating this page Succubism. RedBoss, the problem is that "if you don't get it" you're not having fun playing with it and it just adds a layer of confusion to how everything works. Obviously I can only speak for myself and yes, you learn a lot by doing mistakes but TC punishes you very harshly for doing said mistakes in terms of the resources you have. While I'm progressing using baby steps, some things still elude me, like how the "vis" works... can you only recharge the wand at aura nodes?

Reactions: Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm checking out 4.0.3a to see if there's anything I need to fix/sort out.
Here's a changelog if you need it.

4.0.3a (current)
- fixed some pech related crashes
- added additional goodies to pech trade lists. More stuff will eventually be added
- improved the method used to determine trades
- thaumcraft mobs should once again be scannable and drop aspect orbs

- unnerfed focus of excavation a bit
- alchemy golems are now less dumberer
- can now combine enchanted foci in an anvil
- flux now has a small chance of causing taint. Remember, this can be switched off in the config file
- knowledge fragments can now be used (right-clicked while held) to grant research points for each primal aspect
- shift clicking with an empty hand on alembics or jars will empty them
- underped the discovery of lost research and fixed some other research related issues
- hovering over an aspect in the aspects page of the thaumonomicon will now show what items has that aspect and how much.
- increased the cost of golems slightly
- more scanning fixes for things without valid block picking data
- fix for crashes when you die with certain gui's open
- magic forests take 3
- magic forest biome should now appear in more than just the default world type
- when using hoe of growth on silverwood and greatwood saplings the tree will only grow serverside like it is supposed to.
- vanilla cauldrons can be used to undye robes
- haste should stick around after loading into a world/dimension
- upped the ignis consumption of the arcane furnace
- being close to their "home" position when placing items/liquids in a different container should no longer confuse golems
- fixed golem fuzzy logic on entropy upgrades
- arcane stone blocks, thaumium blocks and various other thaumcraft blocks can now be used as part of a beacon pyramid

4.0.2a
- fixed server crash when scanning
- added config option to have the old blue magical biome. This is clientside only.
- fixed the problem where the server seems to forget what nodes you scanned and makes scanning new ones impossible
- re-added the travelers boots ability to run up blocks