[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

killface

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys I'mma throw this out there and this'll also be up on post 1 because this'll probably be confusing as fuck to people.

I'm colourblind.

I have trouble picking our colours from each other.
Why am I telling you this? Because of this.

4KNFp.jpg

The potentia aspect and it's value have more or less the same colour to me, I go by the shape of the number to tell it's value and because of it I get confused whether it's 2 or 3. By all means, if you want to correct me when it comes to Potentia values at any stage, just yell at me and I'll fix it.

Sorry.

I am thankfully not colorblind and i can see that as a 2 its hard to make out but I am sure its a 2
:) hope it help's

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys I'mma throw this out there and this'll also be up on post 1 because this'll probably be confusing as fuck to people.

I'm colourblind.

I have trouble picking our colours from each other.
Why am I telling you this? Because of this.

4KNFp.jpg

The potentia aspect and it's value have more or less the same colour to me, I go by the shape of the number to tell it's value and because of it I get confused whether it's 2 or 3. By all means, if you want to correct me when it comes to Potentia values at any stage, just yell at me and I'll fix it.

Sorry.

I'm not colorblind and its quite hard to tell if its a 2 or a 3!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Another colorblind individual here. I'd like to state that most I have this exact same issue, most of the time I cannot properly tell how many I have of several of my various aspects.

Reactions: Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
M'kay guys, few things to say about this little project.

First I wanna thank the guys who were on my side about the colorblind issue -- Although when I think about it I never really expected anything but support, but I feel it best to say thanks anyway.

Secondly I'm waaaaay behind. I know this. By all accounts the thread should have been complete by now but there's been a few things in the way. I don't feel too good about sharing IRL stuff over the internet for personal reasons but I can share a few things.

My wedding date has been arranged and set for this winter. And I'm not at all nervous, heh heh heh... -Dies.-

Pokemon X/Y came out and I've been super into it.
I'm studying like mad for my doctorate
And finally Minecraft and mods as of late just haven't been motivating me much recently.

That said, expect the final touches and completion of the V4.0.0 cheat sheet done sometime on Thursday.

Third; I'm aware that 4.0.2a is out. A changelog from 4.0.1 - 4.0.2a can be found here.
4.0.2a (current)
- fixed server crash when scanning
- added config option to have the old blue magical biome. This is clientside only.
- fixed the problem where the server seems to forget what nodes you scanned and makes scanning new ones impossible
- re-added the travelers boots ability to run up blocks

- added greatwood and silverwood planks and changed a few recipes to use them
- fixed some research aspects
- added some life to things
- scanning an item crafted with infusion or alchemy should no longer mess with its recipe
- shapeless arcane crafting recipes (like mirror panes) should now be craftable
- mirrors can now be disabled in the config
- cheat sheet now also gives you knowledge of all aspects
- scanning of players fixed
- scanning now defaults to the creative mode "pick block" function to determine what you are looking at
- magical biomes now appear appropriately magical
- silverwood and greatwood spawning changed slightly - silverwoods shouldn't be as prone to destroying their own nodes anymore.
- filling phials from alembics with exactly 8 essentia should no longer return invalid phials
- removed a few research exploits
- seems like a zero disappeared from the haste enchantment and it was adding 10x its normal speed boost.
- in related news: wand of excavation was also a bit too good. Its slower and slightly more expensive to use.
- removed the chance of the same rune being linked to different aspects in research notes. It was a purely cosmetic bug, but could cause confusion.
- possible fix to whatever is causing Rei's Minimap to have a stroke
- odds and ends

4.0.1b
- prevent some config related crashes
- Fixed some scanning related crashes
- fixed crash when trying to jar silverwood or totem nodes
- tweaked rarity of some worldgen structures
- frost focus should work at all ranges now and receives a bigger boost from potency
- fixed item dragging in arcane worktable

4.0.1a
- essentia phials and ethereal essence should now stack properly
- fixed crafting results in arcane worktable when right-clicking
- crucible recipes were ignoring wildcards which made things like alumentum uncraftable

- Fixed some scanning related crashes
- wisp essense has had a change of name
- made research a teeny weeny bit easier (basicaly a small chance of more glowy runes per aspect)
- players start off with more primal research points in new worlds.
- new stuff

Doesn't seem like there's much to add to the cheat sheet however. From what it looks like, the updates are mainly tweaks and bugfixes. What needs to be added however is put in bold.

Fourth; modpacks are coming, meaning mods that use Thaumcraft's API will be present, meaning I'll have to add a few things about metal transformation and different wand caps. Nothing too drastic. However I maintain that if it ain't part of Thaumcraft as a whole, it isn't going to be present here. This goes for the list of aspects in items. If it's not Vanilla or TC or even Thaumic Tinkerer, it ain't gonna be here.

Finally and probably most relevant if you're in the currently empty husk of the TTv2 cheat sheet. Yeah it's empty. TC comes first I'm afraid. No TC no TT, yeah? So patience please! I'm a busy woman!

Anyway, I've been up for the past couple of days studying without sleep, so if you don't mind I'm going to esrgteujtzsddytr5ujjjjesdzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Chandler-Bing-chandler-bing-23675306-500-260.gif

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Kayot

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I joined to assist with this list.

The Archane Levitator needs Motus added to its needed aspect research. There are two semi copies of Goggles of Revealing. I also have a research that isn't listed and I'll list what I find out when I find out.

Do Magical Biomes exist in Large Biomes settings? I've explored -3000xz to 3000xz and I haven't found one in my Large Biomes world. I made a test world for some Railcraft business and I was dropped into one that was bigger then the most expansive Biome in Large Biomes. I need some Silverwood Trees and that is the only place to fine them apparently.

janinko

Jul 29, 2019
4.0.2a

New research:
Code:
ALCHEMY
ETHEREALBLOOM  Aspects: MAGIC: 1, PLANT: 2, HEAL: 1, TAINT: 1    Parents:  CRUCIBLE, INFUSION

Dolgaris

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone's encountered this yet, but be warned that the game crashes if you try to scan a portal to the Nether or Twilight Forest

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I scanned a portal. Worked perfectly fine for me. Sounds like a mod conflict.
Did you do it before or after this latest update? I know for a certainty that trying to scan a monster spawner in TC 4.0.2a causes a rendering crash, and I've read in a couple places the same happening with portal "blocks".

Kayot

Jul 29, 2019
I scanned a spider spawner just fine. My current problem is a lack of Magical Forests in Large Biomes. I've done half the possible research and it looks like I'm starting over. I've reset the chunks around me using Chunky so it's not a post generation error. I suggest a note on that till it's fixed.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Did you do it before or after this latest update? I know for a certainty that trying to scan a monster spawner in TC 4.0.2a causes a rendering crash, and I've read in a couple places the same happening with portal "blocks".

Before -- for the guide. I haven't touched 4.0.2a yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1382027411][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guys! Guess what? I'm finally getting my fatass into gear to finish this bitch!

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Kayot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if your accepting recipe combos still since you're tapping the source code.

Golem Core: Decanting
Auqu - Iter - Permutatio

Kayot

Jul 29, 2019
Golem Upgrade: Earth
Terra - Victus

Golem Upgrade: Fire
Ignis - Potentia

Golem Upgrade: Water
Aqua - Sensus

Golem Upgrade: Entropy
Cognito - Perditio

Dolgaris

Jul 29, 2019
I have the latest Forge and TC4 mods for 1.6.4, but no others installed. I'll see if I can find anything about this bug

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So guess what guys.​
Unless I'm very much mistaken...​
I'M FINISHED!
Stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif
george-takei-celebration-gif1.gif
34-mario-balotelli-shirtless-celebration-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif
There a few more things needed, like the recipes for mod metal items and the required research for the new 4.0.2a stuff. BUT YEAH! We're done!​
ON TO TINKERER!​

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it seems I have two things to say.
1. Nice work on the guide.
2. Congratulations on the wedding. Or whatever you say for that occasion.