[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

kostek00

Jul 29, 2019
When I choose one of path quest for second one will disappear. I want to play both of them but I don't want to roll back backup but just play from the point i finished first path. I know that I can do that by /hqm edit but how can I reappear quest that is hidden?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
When I choose one of path quest for second one will disappear. I want to play both of them but I don't want to roll back backup but just play from the point i finished first path. I know that I can do that by /hqm edit but how can I reappear quest that is hidden?
Un-complete the one that you chose

Reactions: kostek00

tarzan1376

Jul 7, 2013
sorry, but personally. I think that it would be awesome to have a 1.7 remake of Running red modpack to give a more updated and newer variety of gameplay considering mods are constantly being made better and newer stuff to do with them. maybe even add more mods add more quest and more building, make others better . . .ECT

Altogether, it'd be a Revamp if you choose to do it. it'd be fun for people who enjoyed the 1.6 version.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Symbolon

Jul 29, 2019
Help! I somehow crashed NEI by dying!

It may have something to do with heart canisters.

I'll...start by backing up. Before I died, among other assorted armors, I had two red heart canisters equipped. (I've experienced issues with retrieving them after death in the past, but never in a way that affected anything other than some or all of the canisters disappearing.) Additionally, I had searched 'pist' to find the piston recipe and so there were three items showing: a piston, a sticky piston, and a Witch Hunter Pistol Crossbow.

After I died, I went and picked things up, noting that both heart canisters had disappeared. That didn't worry me; I've come to accept losing canisters as a potential consequence to death by now.

What is a problem is that I can no longer use the search function of NEI. I can click through recipes/use 'R' and 'U' to hop from recipe to recipe, but no matter what I type, it won't change from my three 'pist' results. I poked through settings for a bit in-game to see if anything changed, but it didn't, so I returned to the original settings. Any advice that isn't starting a new world? Having to pop over to a browser to figure out how to make things is not particularly feasible since my internet is quite slow.

Aegaea

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy, oh boy
q86wSph.png

Solracdragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to say a big thank you for making this map. It was quite enjoyable, as it revolved around my favorite Minecraft mod, Blood Magic. And while I don't have a lot of them, I'm sure that my viewers enjoyed it as well. So, keep up the good work and I can't wait to see more maps from you in the future.

KingMarth

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for making this modpack, just finished. There was a bit of tedium but far less than Agrarian Skies, and while combat was present I found it in far more tolerable amounts than ME^3 or Crash Landing (which makes me wish there was a Peaceful mode that still used hunger). Aside from one suicidal run to get that quest (and a second suicidal run to try and secure a landing point, after which I gave up on the whole area) I was perfectly capable of doing everything else from safety, which I prefer. Oreberries were also a great idea, and thank you for having a sizable yield from them so I didn't spend the entire pack waiting on metal.

One big disconnect for me was how you gated the Rune of Self-Sacrifice behind Tier Four; I've seen people play Blood Magic and I followed the strategy of building a mob spawner over my altar because there was no other way to advance. I chose the path of life so it did make some sense, but the moment I stopped carrying the sacrificial knife everywhere the quest text seemed a bit odd as it wasn't my blood going into anything I made anymore. This might be on Blood Magic, since the higher-tier recipes get quite expensive even with tons of Sacrifice runes and a steady stream of mobs, but I would have liked it if I could have played through just using my own life.
One smaller disconnect is that the modlist feels far bigger than it needs to be. Mekanism's machines made rooting through NEI for blood altar recipes kind of tricky at times, and I'm not convinced AE and Simply Jetpacks are even possible to use due to missing resources. I'm here for the tightly tuned path you've set out, and while more tools are generally nice in a sandbox this stuff was distracting. I skimmed the list for Vampire Money and that one looks much more focused, so it looks like you're already addressing this.

I probably won't play Vampire Money since it is entirely focused on the Minecraft combat that my lag-spikes-of-death discourage, but I'll keep an eye on this Phoenix Team.

Writerkid2012

Jul 29, 2019
I watched purplementat's series and now REALLY want to play this pack. for some reason, ftb isn't working. is there any other way to get the pack or do you know how to fix the problem?

Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 41B7AC011EBC2E9DC351C5A996725BA9
Remote: 41B7AC011EBC2E9DC351C5A996725BA9
Mods Folder: /home/william/Downloads/RunningRed/minecraft/mods
Dynamic Folder: /home/william/.ftblauncher/ModPacks/RunningRed/minecraft/mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Running Red v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
Pack: Running Red 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3328
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Mar 08, 2015 11:21:49 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Mar 08, 2015 11:21:49 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

DanMax

Jul 29, 2019
this may sound like a stupid question but how do you make the starter map because I am making my own modpack and I want to add a map to start off

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
this may sound like a stupid question but how do you make the starter map because I am making my own modpack and I want to add a map to start off
The pack uses a mod called "Lockdown" which allows one to make one specific map the only map for the pack.
In short, it's a great adventure map mod, since it saves the map and all new worlds use the map. Or seed, as an aside.
Very flexible, but fairly in-depth too.
I'd personally love to see more high quality HQM maps, and Running Red is one of(In my very not humble, and perhaps seriously biased, opinion) definite examples of how a well made HQM map is built.
It was good enough to make me play a Skyblock map, and I am a massive fan of skyblock maps. Just like how everyone on this site LOVES GregTech and it is in no way a flamewar topic that never dies off.

(And people say sarcasm doesn't work on the internet)
(PS: I hate skyblock maps, in case I wasn't clear on that. Lazy map design is lazy, and Running Red is not a lazy map design)

Therealpie

Jul 29, 2019
I have gotten to the part with the dagger in bloodmagic. Even after I have taken every thing out of my inventory my sanity will still not go up. I have checked around and there are no mobs. Also I have restarted the game and it still won't work. Pls help meh

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
I have gotten to the part with the dagger in bloodmagic. Even after I have taken every thing out of my inventory my sanity will still not go up. I have checked around and there are no mobs. Also I have restarted the game and it still won't work. Pls help meh
Are you sure you're in the right thread? Because I don't think this pack actually contains the enviromine mod, at least it didn't when I last played it :p Anyway, being arround flowers is one way I know to increase your sanity, hope this helps ;)

Shinsenkun_Akuma

Jul 29, 2019
I got a problem with this modpack. First, I cant complete a quest cuz i cant place any oreberry bushes, and i died with my sacifical knife, and cuz i cant place any oreberrys and dont know of any ways of getting glass, i cant get a new one. So i think you should allow cheating IF you lose important stuff like that. Also, can someone help me woth my situation?