[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Puzzlemaster34

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a clue why I can't hand in Curative Mead for the Brewing Antidotes (not Atidotes) quest in the Genetics Labe section?
Is it bugged or something?

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a dumb question, and I'm hoping to avoid too many spoilers:

I loaded the Biosphere area, tried to light it up a bit before really exploring it. Did a quest or three tied to the area, then came across a quest that said I needed to kill pigs.

I don't see any pigs any more. I remember seeing them near the lava, a while back, but they're not there now. They possibly licked the lava. Am I screwed?

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a dumb question, and I'm hoping to avoid too many spoilers:

I loaded the Biosphere area, tried to light it up a bit before really exploring it. Did a quest or three tied to the area, then came across a quest that said I needed to kill pigs.

I don't see any pigs any more. I remember seeing them near the lava, a while back, but they're not there now. They possibly licked the lava. Am I screwed?

There's a pig or three hidden in some places in that and in other maps, so I think you're still good. I know I found a pig hidden down in a hole on one of the maps...

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent. Hopefully this quest won't prevent me from getting those other areas. I'll need at least two to breed... and to find carrots somehow. I doubt there are enough left for me to just kill them off.

EDIT: Duh. Yeah, easy to find more. Easy to have lost the ones I found, too, but I got lucky and saved them before they died.

Last edited:

ShowYourSkill

Jul 29, 2019
I nearly finished your modpack now and i really enjoyed it so far, so i thought I should give you some feedback about bugs or exploits that I`ve seen, to make it an even greater pack:
  • Fusion Reactor`s Fusion Star can be used infinitly, it just counts -xxx uses after its 2000 normal uses.
  • Last Decor Quest in "Pay to Win" seems to be bugged as i can`t claim the reward. I finished all the other quests in "Pay to Win" and it now says 94% completed.
  • The quest where you have to hand in a "Resonant Flux Capacitor" can`t be completed. I think something went wrong with NBT here, cause i can`t hand in a fully charged capacitor nor an empty one. I had to use HQM edit to complete the quest.
  • Not sure if that is a bug, but most of the quests saying they were repeatable can only be handed in via the QDS. I think you cant repeat these quests as you can`t press "Select task" again.
Minechem Exploits(don`t try/use them if you want to enjoy the pack):
  • Water(H²O) can be synthesized to a melon, 9 melons make a melon("block"), these can be decomposed to get 16 Water and some Acids that give Carbon, Nitrogen etc. for free.
  • 16 H²O can be synthesized to get a water bucket. The bucket can be emptied and decomposed to get 48 Fe. This is a source to get infinite iron, just by farming sugar canes.
  • I think there was also an exploit to get infinite leather by decomposing leather armor but i dont know the exact numbers here.
  • Not really an exploit, more a bug, but still Minechem: There is a recipe for synthesizing an emerald block. Unfortunately it costs 1,5m energy and the machine can only store like 1m.
Though there are still some bugs and exploits I really like your pack and hope you keep updating it :)

PS: I also found some typos but I`m not ingame now. If you are interested in those i can later add them to this post.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Got a bug to report, was making fusion reactor and accidentally placed a tungsten plating instead of a fusion reactor block. Broke it with my orichalcum pick, crashed the game. Bug is probably caused by the projector light blocks.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent. Hopefully this quest won't prevent me from getting those other areas. I'll need at least two to breed... and to find carrots somehow. I doubt there are enough left for me to just kill them off.

EDIT: Duh. Yeah, easy to find more. Easy to have lost the ones I found, too, but I got lucky and saved them before they died.
They just spawned on grass over the time....

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Edward Wells

Jul 29, 2019
Have just gone to the 2nd floor and the "quest gate" bedrock has returned. Any Ideas?Have also locked a carpenter's safe with the quest book. (all my cash is in it).

RedSpah

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you need to submit to 'Old Memories' quest? I tried empty energy cells, I tried full energy cells, and it didn't accept either.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Have just gone to the 2nd floor and the "quest gate" bedrock has returned. Any Ideas?Have also locked a carpenter's safe with the quest book. (all my cash is in it).

I've accidentally locked a carpenter's safe that way too, and it unlocked after a few seconds while I was walking away. Had it happen twice, actually.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the "Oceans of Water" quest: The quest book mentions using a stack upgrade to move a stack of water at a time. I've got the node sitting on an infinite water source, with 2 Stack upgrades and 10 speed upgrades and the thing is only transferring about 1 bucket per second. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a faster way to complete this quest?

Adding more speed upgrades doesn't seem to do anything other than decrease the time between transfers, resulting in many more transfers but each transfer is a much smaller amount of water. I've tried using the various transfer pipes (rationing, filtering, sorting) but no luck.

Any hints/thoughts/ideas? I'm at 3% complete for this quest and at this rate it will take me 10s of hours of gametime to complete. (which is fine, I suppose, except that I have lots of other QDS quests lined up waiting on the QDS to be available)

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the "Oceans of Water" quest: The quest book mentions using a stack upgrade to move a stack of water at a time. I've got the node sitting on an infinite water source, with 2 Stack upgrades and 10 speed upgrades and the thing is only transferring about 1 bucket per second. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a faster way to complete this quest?

Adding more speed upgrades doesn't seem to do anything other than decrease the time between transfers, resulting in many more transfers but each transfer is a much smaller amount of water. I've tried using the various transfer pipes (rationing, filtering, sorting) but no luck.

Any hints/thoughts/ideas? I'm at 3% complete for this quest and at this rate it will take me 10s of hours of gametime to complete. (which is fine, I suppose, except that I have lots of other QDS quests lined up waiting on the QDS to be available)

More stack upgrades move more water and you can make more QdS's for other quests while that one is processing

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
More stack upgrades move more water and you can make more QdS's for other quests while that one is processing

Hmmm. I just cheated in 4 stacks of Stack and Speed upgrades, made no appreciable difference... I think it's the way I've configured it, not the upgrades... Would like to see/hear how others finished that one.

But you're right about the QDS -- I thought from my CL and AS playing days that you couldn't have more than one QDS active at the same time. Well, at least now I can just let the water run in the background. Nearing 4%! ;)

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. I just cheated in 4 stacks of Stack and Speed upgrades, made no appreciable difference... I think it's the way I've configured it, not the upgrades... Would like to see/hear how others finished that one.

But you're right about the QDS -- I thought from my CL and AS playing days that you couldn't have more than one QDS active at the same time. Well, at least now I can just let the water run in the background. Nearing 4%! ;)

You accually need mining upgrades in it

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You accually need mining upgrades in it
This!

Mining upgrades increase the amount extracted every tick.
Speed upgrades increase the speed to find the delivery destination. If it finds it faster but you don't increase the amount to transfer, it transfers less but more often.
Stack upgrades move whole stacks but only work with items. Water is not stackable....

Deep Miner

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I was playing through and killed the enderdragon before I turned in the debugger, so now I am stuck unable to complete the enderdragon test... Can I get some help please?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I was playing through and killed the enderdragon before I turned in the debugger, so now I am stuck unable to complete the enderdragon test... Can I get some help please?
Well, you could delete and regenerate the End dimension...

Oh, since people are pointing out minechem exploits I may as well too. You can decompose painted bricks for far more dye than it took to dye them, so you can basically turn stone into dye. This includes lapis. On the other hand, considering that you can use bees to generate infinite amounts of dye that's not really a big deal...

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
This!

Mining upgrades increase the amount extracted every tick.
Speed upgrades increase the speed to find the delivery destination. If it finds it faster but you don't increase the amount to transfer, it transfers less but more often.
Stack upgrades move whole stacks but only work with items. Water is not stackable....

Yep, confirmed! ;) Thing's humming along nicely now.[DOUBLEPOST=1412469798][/DOUBLEPOST]
Remove all RF-using items from your inventory, shift-rightclick it to activate it, turn it back off, and submit it to the quest.

This worked like a charm for me, and it seems to be a FAQ so we should maybe start pointing folks to MCFrugal's post...

tszaboo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, just so you know, I've decided to drop a dozen LE TNT on the dungeon disc's last level. I think this was well justified. Those things called "zombie"... I dont know what they are, but they are nasty creatures thats for sure.