[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
There are several elements from Minechem that have no NEI information, how are you suppose to get them? I'm not super far into the pack so maybe the ones that have no information will eventually come to me?

Punisher106

Jul 29, 2019
There are several elements from Minechem that have no NEI information, how are you suppose to get them? I'm not super far into the pack so maybe the ones that have no information will eventually come to me?
You need to make them through nuclear fusion or fission. Divide or multiply its atomic number by two, and you have the element that can make the one you need.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to ask again if anyone can send me screenshots, videos or just explanations of a sufficient setup for the corrupted drive quest.

Reactions: parcel31u

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to ask again if anyone can send me screenshots, videos or just explanations of a sufficient setup for the corrupted drive quest.
Its not only the setup!

You can attach 1000 battery thinguies but if you don't provide more energy then the system uses and you don't give them time to charge with this excess of energy, it will never work....

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Its not only the setup!

You can attach 1000 battery thinguies but if you don't provide more energy then the system uses and you don't give them time to charge with this excess of energy, it will never work....

For testing purposes, i used 80 creative energy cells. The power supply isn't the problem, i get that. It's that i am not familiar with this area of AE and thus would like some help with a good, space efficient design. The IO port said it had access to 480mil AE power, so i assume that measurement has nothing to do with the capabilities because i still couldn't use the drive.
PS: Anybody know how much power the corrupted drive uses, exactly?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
For testing purposes, i used 80 creative energy cells. The power supply isn't the problem, i get that. It's that i am not familiar with this area of AE and thus would like some help with a good, space efficient design. The IO port said it had access to 480mil AE power, so i assume that measurement has nothing to do with the capabilities because i still couldn't use the drive.
PS: Anybody know how much power the corrupted drive uses, exactly?
The thingie where you load the disk(can't remember the name) says the available energy and the required energy.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
The thingie where you load the disk(can't remember the name) says the available energy and the required energy.

Yeah, and it said i needed 6000 or so AE power. Not much. I gave it 400mil. Didn't work.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, and it said i needed 6000 or so AE power. Not much. I gave it 400mil. Didn't work.
Just noticed you never stated where you are trying to load it....

The main spatial storage is only 64x64. You have another spatial storage somewhere that is bigger, in case you are trying to load it on the wrong spot...

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed you never stated where you are trying to load it....

The main spatial storage is only 64x64. You have another spatial storage somewhere that is bigger, in case you are trying to load it on the wrong spot...

I remember finding a giant room with fantasy brick near it on the floor of the map. That's probably what i've done wrong, thank you very much.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Downgrading fixed the issue, regard that as a bug. Judging by my experiences, version 1.4.5 corrupts old worlds.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded and my world seems to be working just fine, but then maybe I haven't opened up as much of the world/quests/items as you have. (Haven't done any Genetics and just one Hell quest, so I have a way to go).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Cpl. thing love the pack started on ver. 1.1 but got busy and couldn’t get too far. Now I’ve started a YT channel and wanted my first LP be this pack just finishes uploading the first EP. Plz remember I'm still getting all the setting figured out so if there a little ruff I’m sry but I am getting better.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Cpl. thing love the pack started on ver. 1.1 but got busy and couldn’t get too far. Now I’ve started a YT channel and wanted my first LP be this pack just finishes uploading the first EP. Plz remember I'm still getting all the setting figured out so if there a little ruff I’m sry but I am getting better.

Just watched it -- good stuff!

What I liked: you knew how to use the items, so we didn't have to watch you spend 5 minutes learning how to get the energy from the solar generator/etc. or accidentally overwrite your disks.

What I didn't like: your mic! ;)

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is still having problems with the Corrupted level, I finally figured out how to get it working

Outside of your main area there is another huge Bedrock building, there is a chest in the room with AE stuff, put the controller and the Spatial IO Port down near the AE cable, at this point you probably have tons of AE energy cells, along the right side (and back) of the huge Bedrock building there is a 1 block high row of Bedrock that goes half way around the building, I filled every spot with AE energy cells (this is optional but it's what I did) then put 2 full Resonant Energy Cells on the ME controller, let all the cells charge up, tossed in the Corrupted cell and it worked

The R-83 cell also works in that building and if you are lacking on AE energy cells, you might want to load the R-83 level first

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded and my world seems to be working just fine, but then maybe I haven't opened up as much of the world/quests/items as you have. (Haven't done any Genetics and just one Hell quest, so I have a way to go).
It's fine, i have a history of anything related to minecraft unexplainably going wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1412388629][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, i was thinking of making a thread for helping people with finding wool/statues. I'm sure the creator doesn't want the locations to be spoiled, so i suggest they're all done with subtle hints and such. I haven't found all of the VM wool/trophies, but if people could send me those hints and i'll add them. Maybe even get some endorsement from the creator.

Dallas123450

Jul 29, 2019
It would be very nice if we had the following mods:
Growthcraft (Including Add-ons)
Botania
Food Plus
Pam's Harvestcraft
Thanks!

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
It would be very nice if we had the following mods:
Growthcraft (Including Add-ons)
Botania
Food Plus
Pam's Harvestcraft
Thanks!
I'd say that harvestcraft and foodplus arent necessary, since food isn't really a focus in this map. There is no spice of life or hunger overhaul, which i am happy about since this modpack isn't about grinding and lots of infrastructure. Not familiar with growthcraft but that has a focus on food too, so i don't reccomend. I'd only use those mods for my culinary generators. I would be interested in botania though, a nice addon to the observatory or the bedrock area underneath would be some sort of glasshouse for that mod.