[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Milchreis

Jul 29, 2019
i tryed to craft a normal glowsone block. but i just noticed that it isn't an bug with the pack but the chisel mod. when you break chiseled glowstone, its metadata is carried over to the dust. the glowstone dust had id 348:4.

a work around for players is to shift click the 'bad dust' into a chest with normal glowstone dust (id 348)

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
um maybe I'm doing it wrong. but trying to change out discs and it won't depopulate the pylon area. any suggestions on troubleshooting what needs to be done? can I unload when I have utility mobs in it?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
um maybe I'm doing it wrong. but trying to change out discs and it won't depopulate the pylon area. any suggestions on troubleshooting what needs to be done? can I unload when I have utility mobs in it?

You need to put the empty disc back in the spatial io and send it a Redstone signal.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, very newb question. Right from the start, first quest, you get the solar generator. turn it in (well, show it), and then what? I got a bunch of parts that I assume allow me to set the solar generator up and collect power during day and at night, send power to machines. Do I send it to that battery? to the me system? I don't have anything to break blocks or anything yet. I seriously only spent 5 minutes playing, so really just need a nudge to get started. I've never used that specific generator before so I'm assuming a lot from reading about it before. I will dive in again I guess and test things out. woot. uncharted territory here we come.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, very newb question. Right from the start, first quest, you get the solar generator. turn it in (well, show it), and then what? I got a bunch of parts that I assume allow me to set the solar generator up and collect power during day and at night, send power to machines. Do I send it to that battery? to the me system? I don't have anything to break blocks or anything yet. I seriously only spent 5 minutes playing, so really just need a nudge to get started. I've never used that specific generator before so I'm assuming a lot from reading about it before. I will dive in again I guess and test things out. woot. uncharted territory here we come.

You'll use it later to power the chemical decomposer, follow along with the quests and you'll do fine.

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this pack for a while and so far I love it! I just unlocked hell but have been too afraid to enter sonive been working on the chemistry quests and I noticed that in the quest where you give the villagers a sample ofnyour drugs, I could not give it aspirin and possibly the other chemicals too I only tried aspirin. Another bugged quest is the one where you have to die all it says is "you have died 0 time" but I have died atleast 50 times. Also a tip make an amordrine sword if you can it has a chance to heal you and has saved my life countless times.

Milchreis

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to get apatite/fertilizer from forestry? i just build a farm only to notice that i need fertilizer. (i thought bone meal works too)

edit:
never mind, i found it. apparently i dug the wrong half up.

Last edited:

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
ok I put the mesa caverns in spatial io port, loads; take it from the other slot and try to unload it. will NOT unload; same conditions and all that and has enough power. help?

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
ok I put the mesa caverns in spatial io port, loads; take it from the other slot and try to unload it. will NOT unload; same conditions and all that and has enough power. help?
You need the mesa caverns cube thing in the left slot to unload it.

haydenlauritzen

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing this pack for a bit and I got the corrupted storage cube, and I lost it due to a crash from lag I guess... so I went to lost and found got a new one, but it won't upload, I have enough power, and I'm sending a Redstone signal, help?

haydenlauritzen

Jul 29, 2019
also I had a better idea for the backup storage units, have an area for it and use the quest gate, to detect if u have unlocked it (I think that how the quest gate works)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Some technical questions:

1) never used the energy cells other than in crafting. Never played with spatial pylons cept in crafting paradise. So, I notice the energy cells (no waila tooltips but color) are going down. the energy cell next to spatial controls sits doing nothing. I've bored underneath and it looks like it used to be hooked up to some dynamos for power, etc. That power also powered the pulvs/furnaces but alot of broken conduits.

Questions for that is:
* how do you charge the energy cells? Power the ae network and cells recharge?
* Does the lever on the dark cable do more than disconnect the controller from spatial? I flipped it thinking I had to use it to power system but it's been unconnected and I've used the spatial alot since then and power isn't in unit but it just works. I haven't had a single issue yet. Other than the energy cells going down tho.

All of this is just planning ahead.

2) spawns. So, using F7, I've checked around the building and essentially, the station (building) seems to be a no-spawn zone. If I run planks from top of building towards bedrocked spatial chamber, it starts to show yellow lines at the chamber. Wondering how far that goes, and more importantly, how that was achieved? Thought that was sorta cool since magnum torches don't make F7 lines go away, so something else is 'protecting' that area.

I really like the way you did all the quests. You definately put alot of work into this. Same as above, I've died a bunch of times but I can't complete that one quest that wants me to die. Otherwise, no other quests have fubar'd on me. I got that one cookie thing for just having coins, not having to give coins (in buying section).

hell: ummmm spawner much? *rofl* I must have spent 2+ hours alone running around bedrock, plopping torches in hell, trying to find all the spawners for the level. Found the ghast ones but they never triggered even once. Noticed that as I removed some more blaze spawners, I started getting zombies. Now it's just a spider infested hell hole and damn if you can't pillar anywhere without those buggers knocking you right off.

Very bummed at how many things you can't place in those spatial areas. totally out of your control, I know. Most suprising was that elevators won't work either which makes things real odd, especially in hell. put ladders everywhere. There's absolutely no way to fly so yeah, real tough to get around but it's doable. I just realized that I could probably make a glider but that's got limited usefullness tho would help if I fell. yup. I know what I'm making next.

oh, and I went on walk about and strolled around the entire area. Found the other huge chamber. Is that something we're going to have to use later or just used while you made levels? Felt I was performing a B&E in that area. *sneak sneak* no rules. yay....

Thanks for making this... it's been fun so far, but still scared of chemistry and my head hurts each time I look at chem101 questline and yeah, I guess I will be hunkering down for that.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I too am unable to get the Death quest to complete. I've died a few times now and it still says "You've died 0 time"

Having a blast playing this map though. Very well done!

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Some technical questions:

1) never used the energy cells other than in crafting. Never played with spatial pylons cept in crafting paradise. So, I notice the energy cells (no waila tooltips but color) are going down. the energy cell next to spatial controls sits doing nothing. I've bored underneath and it looks like it used to be hooked up to some dynamos for power, etc. That power also powered the pulvs/furnaces but alot of broken conduits.

Questions for that is:
* how do you charge the energy cells? Power the ae network and cells recharge?
* Does the lever on the dark cable do more than disconnect the controller from spatial? I flipped it thinking I had to use it to power system but it's been unconnected and I've used the spatial alot since then and power isn't in unit but it just works. I haven't had a single issue yet. Other than the energy cells going down tho.

All of this is just planning ahead.

2) spawns. So, using F7, I've checked around the building and essentially, the station (building) seems to be a no-spawn zone. If I run planks from top of building towards bedrocked spatial chamber, it starts to show yellow lines at the chamber. Wondering how far that goes, and more importantly, how that was achieved? Thought that was sorta cool since magnum torches don't make F7 lines go away, so something else is 'protecting' that area.

I really like the way you did all the quests. You definately put alot of work into this. Same as above, I've died a bunch of times but I can't complete that one quest that wants me to die. Otherwise, no other quests have fubar'd on me. I got that one cookie thing for just having coins, not having to give coins (in buying section).

hell: ummmm spawner much? *rofl* I must have spent 2+ hours alone running around bedrock, plopping torches in hell, trying to find all the spawners for the level. Found the ghast ones but they never triggered even once. Noticed that as I removed some more blaze spawners, I started getting zombies. Now it's just a spider infested hell hole and damn if you can't pillar anywhere without those buggers knocking you right off.

Very bummed at how many things you can't place in those spatial areas. totally out of your control, I know. Most suprising was that elevators won't work either which makes things real odd, especially in hell. put ladders everywhere. There's absolutely no way to fly so yeah, real tough to get around but it's doable. I just realized that I could probably make a glider but that's got limited usefullness tho would help if I fell. yup. I know what I'm making next.

oh, and I went on walk about and strolled around the entire area. Found the other huge chamber. Is that something we're going to have to use later or just used while you made levels? Felt I was performing a B&E in that area. *sneak sneak* no rules. yay....

Thanks for making this... it's been fun so far, but still scared of chemistry and my head hurts each time I look at chem101 questline and yeah, I guess I will be hunkering down for that.

1. Cells go from blue to purple with power and are charged with excess power provided to the ME controller.

2. Spawns are controlled per biome, with no mobs spawning the the starting area. I used MSC1 for that.

3. I would recommend going at least halfway through the chemistry quests before going to Hell. You know how sugar gives you a speed effect? Well there are some chemicals that give regeneration, haste, jump boost, resistance, and strength.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
1. Cells go from blue to purple with power and are charged with excess power provided to the ME controller.

2. Spawns are controlled per biome, with no mobs spawning the the starting area. I used MSC1 for that.

3. I would recommend going at least halfway through the chemistry quests before going to Hell. You know how sugar gives you a speed effect? Well there are some chemicals that give regeneration, haste, jump boost, resistance, and strength.

1) so does the battery sitting there do anything at all? Or will it kick in when absolutely no energy left in cells? That's the part that confuses me. I'll recheck the outputs and see if it's going to the controller or not. what about the dark cable lever? It seems to have zero effect on the usability of the spatial pylons (maybe I'm not reading it right?). I check the AE controller and if switch is pulled, power slowly drains out to zero, and spatial controller, except initially, doesn't seem to care if there's power or not. I wouldn't doubt if I've got things backwards in my head. I'll recheck.

2) very cool trick. so if we wanted to make a mob farm, we'd have to do it over one of those large bedrocked areas. Noticed that biome doesn't change to hell when you're in hell, thus, you had to use spawners. I guess doing mob spawner on top of spatial area will have zero affect on anything going on in there. There's no mfr here so I'm not 100% sure I want to make a spawn farm anyways but wondering about ender pearls for enderium. Maybe I will explore the chem101 a bit to see if you can make them that way. Spotty info on minechem5. is there a good wiki site for info?

3) yeah, tell that to my other 40+ lives lost while I suicide-picked some of those early spawners. especially when all my good picks were floating around from deaths *hehe* I am telling ya. I hates chemistry. but if it helps me kill things, f-yeah. I am going to learn chemistry.

Reactions: parcel31u