[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
So i've found another bugged quest. the "Additional Pylons Required" quest is impossible to complete...it doesn't list an item to submit. I've tried using the qds to deposit the two stacks but it remains at zero percent. I'm about half way through the pack now and loving it!! I'll keep looking for more bugs tomorrow.

Oh that's bad ;o
If you do get stuck on a quest due to a bug, I'm pretty sure you can use the command /hqm edit. Thank you for posting that here!

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's bad ;o
If you do get stuck on a quest due to a bug, I'm pretty sure you can use the command /hqm edit. Thank you for posting that here!

Yeah i've been using the edit book to test a few things since i noticed a few quests aren't set to use meta data(iiirc the number after the colon in the item id# ?) so far just the aspirin/testosterone quests.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
ok so im stumped here and havnt got a clue what to do it seems that my spaital no longer has the required amount of energy to create anymore and im not really sure how to power it again can anyone help me out? thanks :3

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
ok so im stumped here and havnt got a clue what to do it seems that my spaital no longer has the required amount of energy to create anymore and im not really sure how to power it again can anyone help me out? thanks :3

Use ME cables to hook up the other energy cells from the pillars on the left to the ME controller.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Use ME cables to hook up the other energy cells from the pillars on the left to the ME controller.

lol was it really that simple? XD i ended up spending like half a hour digging blocks and mixing stuff up trying to figure it out lol

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
also anyone know any jvm arguments to speed up my slow computer for minecraft? and when i type them in do i space them apart like "-xxx (space) -xxxx" or do i just -xxxx-xxxx-xxx?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Edited: This post was lot of rambling about too much resources at the beginning. Oh I was so wrong.... To much is not enough for what is coming!!!

Last edited:

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I finished the dungeon...All the spawners on the bottom level are pig spawners. I'm guessing they were place holders that got missed?

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
My impressions when after playing a little of the pack
(all this might had been already addressed on the new update. if so, just ignore this)

First, let me explain what I expect from Jampacked packs.
I like the idea of creating restrictions to what and how you can do stuff. New mechanics, being forced to play a different style, to be innovative. Having a story and a quest but be allowed to 'sandbox' the game and do exactly the same thing you do on any other pack and completely circumvent the challenges of the game.... ends up in not having a reason for the pack to exist.

That said, I hope the pack does that. So far it seems to do it but it might need some tweaks(I only played for a couple quests yet).
You start with way to much stuff! Way TOO much! You have too many items, too many machines, too many areas... This gives a sense of information overload, which is good since it makes the player confused but at the same time him have access to too much stuff. The ship is broken, stuff dont work so why do we have so much stuff!? Maybe, showing what he could have but hasnt access yet...

Loot bags, at least the first ones need to be way nerfed and give survival items. Stone sword or wooden piece of armour not a full bronze armour as I got on my 3 or 4th quest!

You also need to struggle for items. starting with a full sugar cane farm or with a couple of saplings and bone meal is too much from when you just had a disaster. Sugar cane farm should had like 3-4 full grown sugar canes, the rest? was destroyed. Instead of chests with bonemeal and saplings, have one or two half destroyed trees. Gives access to woods without having to way for them to grow but also a limited supply of saplings and having to do the right stuff if you want more wood.

To many picks, as a lot of people said. And with metallurgy, its like... which one to use? and in the mining shaft, there is even a fully repaired pick!

And, what really annoyed me and broke a lot of the immersion is having a lot of space available on a broken ship! I should be restricted to a smaller space and as I complete the first quests, I 'unlock' the other spaces.. Right now, It just feels like, 'hey, this is your whole base where you will build your stuff. have fun'. Stuff is broken!!! I had an accident! I need to repair it so I can have access to it. and I should had to struggle for space at the beginning.... Even if this is already happening and more areas will unlock, we start with way to much space...

Dont get this as negative points but has something that can be improved to increase the immersion on the story. About the rest, never played much with metallurgy, never played at all with minechem, so I expect I will learn some stuff and have fun while doing it because the pack seems to be promising!

"You start in an already developed base, but with severe damage to parts of it."

You clearly missed the ENTIRE point of this pack...

It's not about starting from scratch, it is about repairing what is left... If you were on an abandoned space station for instance, You wouldn't be sitting in space having to create said space station from scratch and you would not be without any kind of resources. There would be all kinds of random items some new and some used and even some broken...

If you want to review something at least understand what you are reviewing...

Reactions: Hono123

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
"You start in an already developed base, but with severe damage to parts of it."

You clearly missed the ENTIRE point of this pack...

It's not about starting from scratch, it is about repairing what is left... If you were on an abandoned space station for instance, You wouldn't be sitting in space having to create said space station from scratch and you would not be without any kind of resources. There would be all kinds of random items some new and some used and even some broken...

If you want to review something at least understand what you are reviewing...
And if you want to criticize a review, first you need to understand the review!

I didnt say that there was a lot of stuff on the map, I said there is a lot of available resources on the map which is totally different! if its severely damaged, I shouldn't had easy access to so many resources or tools! I'm not complaining about the number of pulverizer's, I cant use them!! They are 'damaged' !

I complain with the amount of picks, good armour, food... actual resources that you can use the moment you start the map and are not damaged!
The way I see it, the monument, could be locked and become available in a later moment. Same with the 4th level. The 2nd floor is already "damaged", the farm could be partially destroyed too.

To be honest, the game could start with little food in a chest and the first few quests instructed you to hot to get to the mining shaft, acquire the minerals and build a solar engine and the chemical decomposer! The recipe is hard? tweak it!
You could start with only one energy cell with just enough energy to activate the dimension and after that you would had to build the solar generator and charge it! Coz, you know, there is severe damage!
So many alternatives...

So, no! I didnt missed the point.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
New Update: v1.1
It should be on the launcher either today or tomorrow hopefully. The beta link has been updated to have the link to the raw .zip folder if you want to use it early.

• Fixed spawners in the dungeon (I think? There was only two pig spawners)
  • Fixed chemical turn in quests
  • Fixed "additional pylons required" quest
  • Added a readme book with the rules
  • Fixed infinite redstone reward
  • Made bronze armor a higher reward
  • Added more basic rewards

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
You should reduce the number of reward bags and all those chests in the different cells should have less loot (chest behind ladder in inclusion chamber).

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
You should reduce the number of reward bags and all those chests in the different cells should have less loot (chest behind ladder in inclusion chamber).

And if you want to criticize a review, first you need to understand the review!

I didnt say that there was a lot of stuff on the map, I said there is a lot of available resources on the map which is totally different! if its severely damaged, I shouldn't had easy access to so many resources or tools! I'm not complaining about the number of pulverizer's, I cant use them!! They are 'damaged' !

I complain with the amount of picks, good armour, food... actual resources that you can use the moment you start the map and are not damaged!

I'm curious as to how far into this pack you are. Go to hell before you start asking for things to be nerfed, or the dungeon, heck even the mesa caverns stepped the difficulty up. Most of the loot in the reward bags is only semi useful anyways, Crushers and Furnaces, Potash, Coal ore, Colored glass, Colored clay, A few ingots, Lanterns,Parcel31u(I have 8 of these :s ), Cactus farm, Some Colored ME cables, Saplings...Not exactly OP.

I've died several times now in this map. Has having all these resources Made it easier? Nope! It has however reduced the amount of grinding that needs to be done, Allowing me to get into the areas and actually play the game. Don't think of this as a regular modpack . It's a CTM map with mods. You spend about ten-fifteen minutes in inferno mines before you are fully geared up.

I'll admit I felt the same as you when i first started this map, As I got further into it though i realized it's not a bad thing. The armour you get early on wear out quickly once you start progressing, and even with decent armour the only way I beat the dungeon was with Aspirin and Testosterone (Regen 2, Speed 2, strength 2) Both of these take,resources,time,and power to create....and i've used alot of them just to survive. I've run for my life, cry boxed, and died even with all this loot. Remember it's a CTM map, it's about killing mobs and finding wool :)

Last edited:

Keldaris

Jul 29, 2019
New Update: v1.1
It should be on the launcher either today or tomorrow hopefully. The beta link has been updated to have the link to the raw .zip folder if you want to use it early.

• Fixed spawners in the dungeon (I think? There was only two pig spawners)
  • Fixed chemical turn in quests
  • Fixed "additional pylons required" quest
  • Added a readme book with the rules
  • Fixed infinite redstone reward
  • Made bronze armor a higher reward
  • Added more basic rewards

Loaded up the new version and hqm edited my way to the dungeon, I was curious as to what the
intended mobs were.. still a few pig spawners in there: (-443,10,+979) (-427,10,+977)(-412,10,+978)(-445,10,+966)(-430,10,993)

Edit: I just noticed "Victory Monument" Wool Quest doesn't require magenta wool

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious as to how far into this pack you are. Go to hell before you start asking for things to be nerfed, or the dungeon, heck even the mesa caverns stepped the difficulty up. Most of the loot in the reward bags is only semi useful anyways, Crushers and Furnaces, Potash, Coal ore, Colored glass, Colored clay, A few ingots, Lanterns,Parcel31u(I have 8 of these :s ), Cactus farm, Some Colored ME cables, Saplings...Not exactly OP.

I've died several times now in this map. Has having all these resources Made it easier? Nope! It has however reduced the amount of grinding that needs to be done, Allowing me to get into the areas and actually play the game. Don't think of this as a regular modpack . It's a CTM map with mods. You spend about ten-fifteen minutes in inferno mines before you are fully geared up.

I'll admit I felt the same as you when i first started this map, As I got further into it though i realized it's not a bad thing. The armour you get early on wear out quickly once you start progressing, and even with decent armour the only way I beat the dungeon was with Aspirin and Testosterone (Regen 2, Speed 2, strength 2) Both of these take,resources,time,and power to create....and i've used alot of them just to survive. I've run for my life, cry boxed, and died even with all this loot. Remember it's a CTM map, it's about killing mobs and finding wool :)

You are totally right!!!!
I advanced further in the map and... oh boy! I completely missed the CTM detail... :(
This is not about building, so the amount of initial resources should not be so important.
And the funny fact is, that the huge amount of initial resources is actually really important on this map! It gives you the false sense of security and how easy it is until.... You get slapped over and over and over!

Loving the way the maps are designed. You can try to make the biomass a safe zone, all fully lit up, but there is always a small dark spot that you dont have access and mobs will come and start destroying the torches and raising hell again!

Edited my post, it makes no sense and might make new players not wanting to try the pack.

Milchreis

Jul 29, 2019
i just found a very weird bug:
i got a redstone ore (id 73). i cant remember where i got it, but it behaves very weird. i can't shift click it, use it in any mashine and the most bizarre thing is, when i place it down, it places redstone ore, but the original stays in my hand. so i can get infinite redstone.

and i have a question:
am i allowed to break stuff like walls on the station to enter level 2, get to the dragon egg or extend building space? ore will these areas open on its own some time?

tpmrpg

Jul 29, 2019
Hey great map you've made :D but I've got a question how are you supposed to get the quartz for the quartz challenge quest? I've been making it by getting clay and breaking it down (1 clay has a 30% of giving what makes it, and with 1 of those you can make 12) which can break down to aluminum and then I add phosphate and make quartz, but it's an extremely slow process, so what do I do?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
i just found a very weird bug:
i got a redstone ore (id 73). i cant remember where i got it, but it behaves very weird. i can't shift click it, use it in any mashine and the most bizarre thing is, when i place it down, it places redstone ore, but the original stays in my hand. so i can get infinite redstone.

and i have a question:
am i allowed to break stuff like walls on the station to enter level 2, get to the dragon egg or extend building space? ore will these areas open on its own some time?

The Redstone glitch had been fixed in the upcoming version.

Are you allowed to break blocks in the station and explore to other areas? Yes, sorry for not clarifying.
Hey great map you've made :D but I've got a question how are you supposed to get the quartz for the quartz challenge quest? I've been making it by getting clay and breaking it down (1 clay has a 30% of giving what makes it, and with 1 of those you can make 12) which can break down to aluminum and then I add phosphate and make quartz, but it's an extremely slow process, so what do I do?

You don't have to make them, you can find quartz in the inclusion chamber, somewhere :b[DOUBLEPOST=1408111078][/DOUBLEPOST]
Loaded up the new version and hqm edited my way to the dungeon, I was curious as to what the
intended mobs were.. still a few pig spawners in there: (-443,10,+979) (-427,10,+977)(-412,10,+978)(-445,10,+966)(-430,10,993)

Edit: I just noticed "Victory Monument" Wool Quest doesn't require magenta wool

Magenta? Isn't that the same as purple? Lol
Yeah, I'll fix that. I still have no idea what is causing spawners to turn into pig spawners!!