[1.6.4] InfiTech Modpack [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - DISCONTINUED

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Using a single eye of ender to find the end-portal! Once again, the day is saved, thanks to the miracles of modded MC! :p
Lol :)

I'm almost certainly talking out of my backside. I'll try it tonight.

Is there any rule of thumb for locating these places? either a customary elevation, or preferred biome, or anything like that?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Lol :)

I'm almost certainly talking out of my backside. I'll try it tonight.

Is there any rule of thumb for locating these places? either a customary elevation, or preferred biome, or anything like that?

After so much time, paul soares is still my go-to guy for such things.
This might be subjective, I like the mellow commenting style that him and W92Baj do in their videos...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Using a single eye of ender to find the end-portal! Once again, the day is saved, thanks to the miracles of modded MC! :p
1 eye was a bust. Used three, and the silverfish were too deep to see with helmet until I dug down 4 blocks.

Here's a screeny anyway. Btw, the font of the hovered targets really just is that hard to read from so far away.

2014-07-21_18.30.07.png

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
1 eye was a bust. Used three, and the silverfish were too deep to see with helmet until I dug down 4 blocks.

Here's a screeny anyway. Btw, the font of the hovered targets really just is that hard to read from so far away.

View attachment 12113

Congrats! I hope you were singing "Oooo.... the eye of the ender....djaang! djaang djaaang djaang! djaaang djaaang djaaang!" throatily as you gallivanted the landscape! :p How far from your base was it, in the end? (geddit... in the end? the "end" portal? ;) tee hee)

Well, did you activate the portal too, or was it, another adventure for another day? Well done!

P.S: Is that the sphax texture pack? How badgood is greg's textures with this one?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
It's not Sphax. As I'm using Sphax (you can see it in action on my screenshots), I can tell you that pretty much all machines and most items are textured, with some exceptions that are not too important. A complete sphax pack, including all the mods, is available for downloading at our development page.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It's not Sphax. As I'm using Sphax (you can see it in action on my screenshots), I can tell you that pretty much all machines and most items are textured, with some exceptions that are not too important. A complete sphax pack, including all the mods, is available for downloading at our development page.
it is maybe available for download at the DEV site, but noone has access to it (except devs). And I havent made the public patch for InfiTech. (simply because of this: http://bdcraft.net/license-terms-of-use and this: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-p...ore-posting-mods-pack-support-patch-t281.html)

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Which also leads me to two other observations

1. That sphax website sucks donkey balls on a Mozilla browser. I was put off by that alone!
QPwcPGy.png

2. Special thanks to vattic, dzcreeper and all others for faithful32. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok apparently if I stop posting for 2 days so I can play InfiTech, shit piles up.

Lots went down.

Congrats! I hope you were singing "Oooo.... the eye of the ender....djaang! djaang djaaang djaang! djaaang djaaang djaaang!" throatily as you gallivanted the landscape! :p How far from your base was it, in the end? (geddit... in the end? the "end" portal? ;) tee hee)
Yes. Yes, I was singing exactly that :\
Um a good two km away. I laser-drilled myself an underground route to it from my base; it took the equivalent of two drills (and a lot of time). After that, I learned about EnderIO staff of travelling, which I may try out tonight but it will make my tunnel look stupid.

Well, did you activate the portal too, or was it, another adventure for another day? Well done!
I am no longer an End virgin :p I smote the dragon. PITA too, because it was hard not to look at endermen (and i can't quite rock a pumpkin head). Didn't get any kind of star object thing, which I thought I was supposed to.

Who cares? Manganese is no longer an issue for me, yay.

Going to set up quarries and obliterate the environment I imagine.

P.S: Is that the sphax texture pack? How badgood is greg's textures with this one?
Soartex, I believe; acquired through the launcher. Soartex sucks on Horizons btw but looks great in InfiTech.

If I still have a brain tonight I'll post pics of my underground base of shame. Warning in advance: As per my regular GT protocol, I do *not*, ever, build nice, above-ground bases with Gregtech present. I just have way too many other things to do, and as a result I just dig up space as I need it, and plonk shit down wherever I feel like it.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Ok apparently if I stop posting for 2 days so I can play InfiTech, shit piles up.
Lots went down.
Yes. Yes, I was singing exactly that :\
Um a good two km away. I laser-drilled myself an underground route to it from my base; it took the equivalent of two drills (and a lot of time). After that, I learned about EnderIO staff of travelling, which I may try out tonight but it will make my tunnel look stupid.
I am no longer an End virgin :p I smote the dragon. PITA too, because it was hard not to look at endermen (and i can't quite rock a pumpkin head). Didn't get any kind of star object thing, which I thought I was supposed to.

Who cares? Manganese is no longer an issue for me, yay.
Going to set up quarries and obliterate the environment I imagine.
Soartex, I believe; acquired through the launcher. Soartex sucks on Horizons btw but looks great in InfiTech.

If I still have a brain tonight I'll post pics of my underground base of shame. Warning in advance: As per my regular GT protocol, I do *not*, ever, build nice, above-ground bases with Gregtech present. I just have way too many other things to do, and as a result I just dig up space as I need it, and plonk shit down wherever I feel like it.

All in all, I am guessing your "end" virginity ending [slaps himself to atone for his corniness] was awesome because you sung the "eye of the tiger" tune before setting out :p

The star object thing is mostly a troll reward, from what I gather from anecdotes such as yours. And while you set up the "end"er quarries for Manganese [slaps himself again blah.. ] be sure to sing "This is the way we roll....." (you know the one) :D

Hey, just feel free to stub your toes as many times as you want, Pyure, ;) we'll all learn to be more careful from your experience (that staff of travelling thing) ;)

The way you described your base building exercise, leads me to suspect that either of us is residing in the other's mind while playing minecraft :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Demographic might be wrong here...but you know how you walk into a stinky room, and ppl might say "ugh, peeee-oooh" at the smell? P-U?

Which just happens to be precisely 2-thirds of the word PUN?

So I get to be clever and tell people their pun is stinky?

I dunno, I fell out of my chair laughing when my grade 11 english teacher said it. I was a good english student :p

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Demographic might be wrong here...but you know how you walk into a stinky room, and ppl might say "ugh, peeee-oooh" at the smell? P-U?

Which just happens to be precisely 2-thirds of the word PUN?

So I get to be clever and tell people their pun is stinky?

I dunno, I fell out of my chair laughing when my grade 11 english teacher said it. I was a good english student :p

Ah, definitely admonishment. At least I read the intent clearly.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.1.6
- Updated Logisticpipes to 0.7.4.dev.292
- Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.14.1091
- AE Grind stone uses ore dictionary for stone
- Barrels from Plugins for Forestry are disabled, due to duplication exploit
- ProjectRed Coils are now crafted in Wiremill instead of using Draw Plate.
- Disabled Draw Plate from PrRed
- Changed the GC power generation/conversion ratios
- Final tweak for BigReactors (fuel consumption lowered, recipes are more friendly)
- Cooling Core can be crafted with other 60k coolant cells (oreDictionaried)
- And few minor bug fixes

When you load up your old wolds you will get message that item Barrel from Plugins for Forestry is missing. Thats correct, since I disabled PFF Barrels completely.

From now on we are focusing on 1.7, so you can see this update as last. We will still be fixing exploits and important stuff. But hopefully there will not be many :)
You will probably not be able to use 1.7 modpack with your old 1.6 worlds, due to a LOT of changes in GT, eIO and Galacticraft.

Last edited: