[1.6.4] InfiTech Modpack [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - DISCONTINUED

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
er, I dunno? I'm a bit of a noob at IC2 crops.

I'm crossbreeding like mad, but I had a setback a few days ago when I accidentally deleted 95% of my crops. I'm back up to redwheat and such now.

Showing you a screenshot of my boring crops setup won't help you much :p[DOUBLEPOST=1405611194][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Here's the best information I can find for Enderblooms. Thank you google for sortof translating? :p :p

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I'm 99% sure it has to do with minecraft.

Oh, and the remaining 1% was about Pilsner beer and ice hockey :p

That would be really sweet, but it would be a bit of a tangent, since GT doesn't really get into agriculture much :`(

Don't care. I now demand a quest page for agriculture. I want enderblooms, and enderblooms I shall get.... I am Mojo Jojoooooo [dramatically swoops down fist on nearby furniture]

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not using quotes, but believe me or not, after all these years on the internet I still don't know how to do it :D

About IC2 agriculture - GT adds a lot of things - hydration spray, new crops (new crops are part of IC2 exp, but from what I know they were added by Greg) and most importantly - ability to automate them in form of Crop Harvestor (sic).

Rules are the same as for the old crops, except that now you don't destroy them by walking on them.
This is the best guide I was able to find. It's old, but most things still apply:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ic2-crops-guide-very-indepth.14316/

About Weed-Ex, I don't think it still has bad effect on plants' stats - another player on our development server is also doing crops, and has got better plants than me (he's using Weed-Ex, I'm not).

Reactions: Pyure and AlCapella

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorry for not using quotes, but believe me or not, after all these years on the internet I still don't know how to do it :D

About IC2 agriculture - GT adds a lot of things - hydration spray, new crops (new crops are part of IC2 exp, but from what I know they were added by Greg) and most importantly - ability to automate them in form of Crop Harvestor (sic).

Rules are the same as for the old crops, except that now you don't destroy them by walking on them.
This is the best guide I was able to find. It's old, but most things still apply:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ic2-crops-guide-very-indepth.14316/

About Weed-Ex, I don't think it still has bad effect on plants' stats - another player on our development server is also doing crops, and has got better plants than me (he's using Weed-Ex, I'm not).

Aiwendil: this is fantastic information. You're now provisionally forgiven for calling me an idiot earlier.

I played with the harvestor(sic) and couldn't make it harvest anything; I forget if I actually tried proper crops, I may have only tested trees at the time.

If you're right about weed-ex, that's excellent news, as I hate baby-sitting my crops.

For your link: I've gone through so many versions of that document over the months/years I can't tell if any of it is new information. So I'll have to go through it again :)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
For your link: I've gone through so many versions of that document over the months/years I can't tell if any of it is new information. So I'll have to go through it again

^^ Yup! This! And to answer your question, there is none!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For nuggets/small piles/tiny piles I always use Adv. Regulator + Alloy Smelter combo. There's a big problem with automating E. Crafting Table - when all input slots are full (and they WILL fill up because this machine is very slow) stuff gets pushed into the output slot, jamming the machine. I prefer my way of doing it, it's more reliable.
I'm apparently too inept to figure out how this works. Can you show me a screenshot of the setup (GUI + machines)?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
There you go:

This is a screen of adv regulator + i electrolyzer combo (its easier to see here). Mind the arrows - all but 1 need to be pointing towards the machine you wanna put stuff into.
29c5b2o.png

160ct8k.png

This is GUI of my alloy smelter regulator - left grid is the buffer slot, where items are put in. Middle grid is holo-slots, where you specify how much of which item you want to be put in at the same time. Right grid represents slot numbers, and corresponds to the middle grid.
How do you know which slot is slot 0,1,2 etc? You have to experiment, it varies depending on the machine :). Usually you'll be using slots 0 and 1 though.

I hope that helps, if not there is also a video on youtube. I can link it if you want.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.1.5 - Probably one of the last updates before 1.7
Updated mods:
- Carpenter's Blocks to 2.1.2
- Extra Cells to 1.6.9e
- Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.14.1091
- LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.290
- Sync to 2.2.3

Config Changes:
- Buttons can be crafted again
- Button Panel can be now crafted again with Assembling Machine
- Energy Storage Crafting recipe now wants ANY wood planks instead of only OAK
- Moved GT and IC2 related "mine-tweaks" to separate configs, extras.cfg is now mostly for recipe fixes and misc stuff
- Rebalanced BR power production: Bit nerfed power production and more fuel usage to balance it with "cheap" recipe
- EU can now be transfered on Aluminium Wires but be carefull. Carefull GT/IC2 machines can blow up.
- Conversion ratio for RF <> EU is used universal: 4RF = 1EU
- BigReactor recipe tweaks (BRs pushed to Chrometanium Age)
- Pattern Storage now can be crafted using Mining Laser with any charge.
- And few more bugfixes

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any speculation what might be causing my gold wire to frequently disconnect from this steam turbine?

Happens all the time; replacing the wire doesn't fix it. Restarting the game does.

I can only guess something to do with chunk loading (an adjacent and totally unrelated chunk is force-loaded, this one, containing all these blocks, isn't)

2014-07-18_18.30.39.jpg

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What chunk loader you are using? This is known that Railcraft chunkloaders will cause this problem. I recommend either use chicken chunk loaders or grab the Network Anchor mod (which will be part of 1.7 pack - if it will be updated), if you want to have something that requires fuel (or in this case EU power)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm using "spot loaders" in this area. I believe that's the 1-chunk variety from chickenchunks.

Network Anchor looks scary and intimidating.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Spot loaders are bugged :) They sometimes force-unload chunks (which is causing the cable disconnection issues), they sometimes don!t load at all. Try to use regular Chicken Chunk Loader and see if the issue persists.

NA is awesome, but its little bit server killing when used on Multiplayer :D