[1.6.4] Factions' End [JamPacked] [RPG] [HQM] [Dimensions] [Stuff]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I've just done the intro so far but some suggestions for you.

The gap in between Tinkering About and Steve the Farmer is excruciating, you have nothing to do except sit there and hope the sunflowers grow quickly and mattock grass for seeds to get some actual food production, to help mitigate that possibly swap the watering can and the cotton seeds so we can help speed up the growth of the sunflowers?

Then you complete Steve the Farmer and can actually do Book it! with your new sugar cane, unfortunately you're in a plains biome so it takes twice as long as normal to grow making things unpleasant. A bit tedious but much more bearable, however the quest layout is odd as Steve the Farmer is required for Book it! but put sideways but that's minor and irrelevant.

Then there is The Promise of Adventure, this quest would be fine except for two things, you just took the materials for the 8 books in the previous quest so we have to basically do that thing all over again to get the books which is incredibly annoying, the other annoying thing is that the squid spawners are near useless, at least for me all of the squid immediately spawn far away from land in the ocean where I can't feasibly reach them without drowning.

The final things is what to do with the Farlander village? Since it seems like a very nice place for resources but I didn't think setting up mines inside it was something we were supposed to do. The Star Fissure teleports me underwater as well which is quite dangerous understandably.

I'll keep going though, trying the tech path first.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the island of beginnings quests are pretty slow, even when I went to the farlanders village and gathered materials to make my own watering can before I got it from the quest reward. The hunger overhaul grow speed makes even that take forever.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
So I've just done the intro so far but some suggestions for you.

The gap in between Tinkering About and Steve the Farmer is excruciating, you have nothing to do except sit there and hope the sunflowers grow quickly and mattock grass for seeds to get some actual food production, to help mitigate that possibly swap the watering can and the cotton seeds so we can help speed up the growth of the sunflowers?

Then you complete Steve the Farmer and can actually do Book it! with your new sugar cane, unfortunately you're in a plains biome so it takes twice as long as normal to grow making things unpleasant. A bit tedious but much more bearable, however the quest layout is odd as Steve the Farmer is required for Book it! but put sideways but that's minor and irrelevant.

Then there is The Promise of Adventure, this quest would be fine except for two things, you just took the materials for the 8 books in the previous quest so we have to basically do that thing all over again to get the books which is incredibly annoying, the other annoying thing is that the squid spawners are near useless, at least for me all of the squid immediately spawn far away from land in the ocean where I can't feasibly reach them without drowning.

The final things is what to do with the Farlander village? Since it seems like a very nice place for resources but I didn't think setting up mines inside it was something we were supposed to do. The Star Fissure teleports me underwater as well which is quite dangerous understandably.

I'll keep going though, trying the tech path first.
Yeah, was playing through it myself and have made some adjustments to the amounts of things you need to hand in (haven't uploaded any yet because I'm still trying to figure out what amounts to use). Also found out the watering can doesn't even work on Harvestcraft stuff, so I'm just giving maybe 10 bonemeal instead/as well (the watering can does work on cotton).
Didn't think about the book part, I'll be sure to adjust that. I kinda don't want to leave it just being a quest for ink though... Anyway, the Farlanders are kind of a (badly hidden) secret questline that opens up after you kill any endermen. I didn't really know how to give access to it (so that chest is temporary) because the line is revealed after you kill an enderman but doesn't involve a reward at that step.
Lastly, you CAN make more ink with 2 sunflower seeds. I put the squid spawners there hoping they would eventually do something but apparently not, so I'll just delete them.

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Im getting a crash when I try to open the linking book I get from the completion of the Tech quest. Here is a paste bin link to the crash report. Dont really know how to read these things

http://pastebin.com/SxSL2Mjx
What? It's saying age 46 doesn't exist or have the correct data available to load the world... I have the folder up now, age 46 is there, in the save folder and in the data folder, looking exactly the same as all my other ages. Just making sure, but did you change/ delete any of the mystcraft files? Checking it out myself in a couple minutes anyway.
Edit: seems fine to me... are you using the "it's a map" save or did you make a new world or something else weird?

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
added some clay and sand through Teh Mines of the tech world. I couldn't think of any way to make the grout for a smeltery otherwise. Also cave spider spawners. They may have to do with the sand and clay. *wink wink* (reuploaded version 1.0.6 with this change b/c wow went through 2 versions numbers in like one day with not many changes imo I'm lazy)

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I made the ink with the sunflower seeds but it was pretty annoying as they grow so slowly. The watering can not working would explain why they seemed to grow so slowly even while using it as well.

On a different note the modification you mention would confirm my suspicions on the lack of sand and clay. I gave up after a bit on it and haven't tried the other two yet, don't know enough about Thaumcraft to feel safe with that much taint so I'll probably be tackling nature first.

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
How many quests? an what are said quests about?
What? It's saying age 46 doesn't exist or have the correct data available to load the world... I have the folder up now, age 46 is there, in the save folder and in the data folder, looking exactly the same as all my other ages. Just making sure, but did you change/ delete any of the mystcraft files? Checking it out myself in a couple minutes anyway.
Edit: seems fine to me... are you using the "it's a map" save or did you make a new world or something else weird?

The issue is memory tick. It'll crash your game. my advice:
You crashed because you're computer was using too much memory. Were you generating new terrain? If so, that's why. If you make a new world, press 'F3' and in the top- right corner there is a section that says how much memory you're using. If it's too high, your game can crash so exit Minecraft completely and relaunch your client. Usually, for me, I exit Minecraft if it's >50% and I'm sensing lag ;). If you have anymore issues, feel free to post them here, I like troubleshooting ;).

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
How many quests? an what are said quests about?

The issue is memory tick. It'll crash your game. my advice:
71 quests in total. Each faction has about 17 or 18 quests each that relate specifically to a group of mods I thought fit together nicely under the domain of one faction. A lot of them teach about the mods, many of them are (supposed to be) humorous, and the end goal for all of them is to get to the End and kill the Ender Dragon (there is a semi-secret other option though).

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I made the ink with the sunflower seeds but it was pretty annoying as they grow so slowly. The watering can not working would explain why they seemed to grow so slowly even while using it as well.

On a different note the modification you mention would confirm my suspicions on the lack of sand and clay. I gave up after a bit on it and haven't tried the other two yet, don't know enough about Thaumcraft to feel safe with that much taint so I'll probably be tackling nature first.
I'm working on making the magic one a little easier as far as the taint (decreasing the chances of it spreading in new chunks, placing a few more warded ethereal blooms around that dimension's spawn) but if you move out of the pre-genned stuff (maybe a 400 block radius from spawn) the taint hasn't spread as much and it should be a lot easier.

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
71 quests in total. Each faction has about 17 or 18 quests each that relate specifically to a a group of mods I thought fit together nicely under the domain of one faction. A lot of them teach about the mods, many of them are (supposed to be) humorous, and the end goal for all of them is to get to the End and kill the Ender Dragon (there is a semi-secret other option though).

Can you only do one faction? Also what are the factions?

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
You can change factions with a cooldown quest that gives you a disarming book back to the overworld, where the faction choice quests are available to choose from. You can also go on to do the quests of a different faction when you finish the quests of one. The factions are tech, nature, and magic, representing themes I think many mods (not all) revolve around.

Oh and note:
Make sure to use the config of the faction of your choice! They adjust what resources generate in new chunks (I pre-genned each dimension in a 400-500 block radius with the respective configs) for you and the default configs are to generate no harvestcraft/ natura trees, mod plants, hives, ores, or TC nodes.

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
@bluchuv00 it was a little confusing making it work with multi but I got it working. I may have done something to not include age 46 I'll double check. If you don't mind in case I did make a mistake can you walk me through the steps to make this mod pack work with multimc

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
@Svangen You kinda can, if you do some in one faction, then do the choose again and pick something else and you'll still have your quest progress in the other faction, just not your items or the same resources available. You can probably also do it after you complete one faction because the reward for that is one following linking book back to the overworld.[DOUBLEPOST=1408380782][/DOUBLEPOST]
@bluchuv00 it was a little confusing making it work with multi but I got it working. I may have done something to not include age 46 I'll double check. If you don't mind in case I did make a mistake can you walk me through the steps to make this mod pack work with multimc
Excuse me while I go learn to use MultiMC (I've kinda wanted to try it eventually but up to this point I've been using my pack in a 1.6.4 ATlauncher instance [yes i did see that tweet about atlauncher by cpw])

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
I don't keep my inventory?? How you do that?

What tweet? I used AT launcher as well and just edited Yogscast Complete Pack ;)
the Try again quests give a disarming linking book, which makes you leave all your items behind where you used the book (so use a chest first).

tweet in question (read the responses too, they explain more)

Last edited: