[1.6.4] Factions' End [JamPacked] [RPG] [HQM] [Dimensions] [Stuff]

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Wish the FTB people would publish a list of playable public JAM-Packed submitted modpacks - I had a hard time finding about this one, nearly missed it.

Started playing yesterday and I really enjoy this modpack so far - like the choice of game-play styles, and that you can go back and change that choice.

I have a few question and some remarks.

• In the starting island quests, at some point you need 6 sugar canes to make 6 paper sheets. You get 4 from a previous mission, and you can get 3 mores as an optional (player chosen) reward from another.
I noticed the sugar canes won't grow, if you just plant them or even by trying to use the watering tool. Bonemeal is not working on them either.
Did I miss something about growing those canes ? Or getting paper from something else at that point ? If i did not the fact some of the rewarding canes are optional might get the player stuck in the quest line.

Thanks for that, I would have had a hard time figuring it out by myself.
When are you supposed to change this config, only when you enter the realm of your choice ?
Also that configuration procedure should be described in the first post of that thread - and maybe ingame too, as it is so essential to perform.

• Are you supposed to activate real Hardcore mode - where dying means game over ? Or what is the difficulty level we should play that on ?

• I've just entered the nature - floating islands - dimension. I've died a few times already, mostly of hunger. What do you guys recommend to make a living - foodwise - in the first days there ? Everything seems to grow so slowly...

Thanks for your attention and the work you put into this ![/QUOTE]

Sorry i didn't see this till now... Better late than never(and if others have sinilar questions later)? Thanks so much for the detailed comment!
I didnt give any hardcore hearts as rewards so hardcore mode is not recommended. Game difficulty setting kkinda depends on what world you pick. I suggest easy in magic, medium in cave/tech, and hard (maybe?) in nature. I think crops grow kinda slow with harvest overhaul and/or pam's so that may be the problem with the sugarcane. Off the top of my head (haven't played with those food mods, 1.6.4, or my pack in a while...) i would think the best method of getting food in the nature one get a bunch of wood, make slabs, to use as scaffolding across the islands, and just collect a bunch (like a stack or more of various food items combined might be ok?) of plants as you travel, and save some to plant and later turn into meals (iron for cooking stuff is given somewhere down the questline). I'm almost positive the config stuff is somewhere in the OP *Takes breath* I do want to reuse the dimensional splits questline in a different way to make a new mappack in 1.7. Only problem with said plan is that I'm a procrastinating high school senior who plays way too much skyrim... Blah.

Thanks for reading!

sent from this thing in the universe of blu pikachus

SusieHomewrecker

Jul 29, 2019
I just got back into playing this game, and I guess I am confused on the config file thing again.

If I copy the config files over the existed one, aren't I losing the default and other factions' config files when I do that? If so, how do I get them again?

Also, I seem to be being a dummy about moving the config files in general, because when I try to erase the original config files, it erases the contents I'm trying to move in the first place. XD

*disclaimer: I could just be being dumb and not seeing the obvious things right now.

Reil

Jul 29, 2019
When I enter the packcode it says Private Pack.
The code in the spoiler tag is missing an 'm'. You want the code in big black bold letters above that, with four 'm's instead of three.

Last edited: