[1.6.4] Factions' End [JamPacked] [RPG] [HQM] [Dimensions] [Stuff]

Jennasie

Jul 29, 2019
Underground? Are you sure you're in the nature world? The nature world is a bunch of floating islands... so no underground.

sent from this thing in the universe of blu pikachus
Underground meaning under the dirt and stone. I am in the floating island world.

Man wish I had checked for a wood bucket. That would have helped. Haha

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Underground meaning under the dirt and stone. I am in the floating island world.

Man wish I had checked for a wood bucket. That would have helped. Haha
But there arent any caves... And probably not many underground lakes... Whatever, you got there anyway.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing today. Went with the magic route first as it has been a while since I played with Thaumcraft. Man that world is nasty! I normally have a slow, steady play-style, but not sure if that world will last long enough for me.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing today. Went with the magic route first as it has been a while since I played with Thaumcraft. Man that world is nasty! I normally have a slow, steady play-style, but not sure if that world will last long enough for me.
There are ethereal blooms in certain areas close to spawn, i recommend staying near them to build or building in the sky. Good luck! :)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
There are ethereal blooms in certain areas close to spawn, i recommend staying near them to build or building in the sky. Good luck! :)

Yea I have found a few of them but it seems you have to explore a lot to gather most of needed resources since there's not any ores underground. The shear number of the taint swarms and massive areas where tendrals just rapidspawn make this world not even fun. If your not in range of an ethereal bloom it is near impossible to get anywhere. I don't mind difficult but when you can't even get started before needing end-game gear, it just isn't fun. I'm going to give it a few more tries but it looks like I'm going back to try another path.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I have found a few of them but it seems you have to explore a lot to gather most of needed resources since there's not any ores underground. The shear number of the taint swarms and massive areas where tendrals just rapidspawn make this world not even fun. If your not in range of an ethereal bloom it is near impossible to get anywhere. I don't mind difficult but when you can't even get started before needing end-game gear, it just isn't fun. I'm going to give it a few more tries but it looks like I'm going back to try another path.
I tried not to stay in that world too long when building, specifically the library close to spawn, so the taint wouldnt get too bad... Guess i should regenerate that world or make a new one, slow down taint spread (in config?), and copy the library over (with mcedit? Couldnt get that to cooperate with my potato macbook and multimc when i was trying to do this before). I wonder if theres a config option to slow the spawning of tendrils, wouldn't fix the problem but would help at least. Anyway i can't do much more than small fixes like that right now because school already takes up most of my time (i could do it. It'd just be slow and i procrastinate and get distracted from slow projects). There are so many things i want to do as far as exploration in all the worlds though, like dungeons in the sky for magic world and more dungeons in general so its not so much about grinding. And abandoned underground villages in the tech world. And more sub-dimensions. And maybe scavenger hunts across the worlds? And 1.7 update. Stuff like that. Unfortunately time (currently a senior in high school), as well as my shit laptop making everything take 2x longer and my own procrastination, are working against me here... I need help or something....

TL;DR, Sorry it isnt working out for you. :/

Last edited:

SusieHomewrecker

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have yet to encounter any of the following for harvestcraft: rice, broccoli, beans, coffee, celery, tea, parsnips, pumpkin, tomato, cucumber, zucchini, sweet potato, lettuce, artichoke, okra, corn, cauliflower, eggplant, brussel sprout, soybean, artichoke, asparagus, winter squash, beet, onion, garlic, cabbage, leek, radish, chili pepper, bell pepper, peppercorns, turnip, mustard seeds, peanuts, walnuts, scallion, ginger and a few others.

These aren't necessarily vital to the game, but a lot of them are ingredients to the more filling meals. I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if they just aren't in the world. So has any one else encountered them in the nature world?

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have yet to encounter any of the following for harvestcraft: rice, broccoli, beans, coffee, celery, tea, parsnips, pumpkin, tomato, cucumber, zucchini, sweet potato, lettuce, artichoke, okra, corn, cauliflower, eggplant, brussel sprout, soybean, artichoke, asparagus, winter squash, beet, onion, garlic, cabbage, leek, radish, chili pepper, bell pepper, peppercorns, turnip, mustard seeds, peanuts, walnuts, scallion, ginger and a few others.

These aren't necessarily vital to the game, but a lot of them are ingredients to the more filling meals. I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if they just aren't in the world. So has any one else encountered them in the nature world?
use a mattock on grass, till it where there is no water to hydrate it.

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
do you have the correct config files loaded, as the default config dose not spawn harvestcraft seeds?

Last edited:

SusieHomewrecker

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... All I've done is use the pack code ummmm. I never did anything else. How do I get these config files and implement them?

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... All I've done is use the pack code ummmm. I never did anything else. How do I get these config files and implement them?

Goto the folder you have downloaded Factions End to. open "Factions End/minecraft/config/questline configs/nature line config" copy all files and folders. Go back to "Factions End/minecraft/config" and paste all, overwriting the existing files.[/quote]

DeuxVis

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Wish the FTB people would publish a list of playable public JAM-Packed submitted modpacks - I had a hard time finding about this one, nearly missed it.

Started playing yesterday and I really enjoy this modpack so far - like the choice of game-play styles, and that you can go back and change that choice.

I have a few question and some remarks.

• In the starting island quests, at some point you need 6 sugar canes to make 6 paper sheets. You get 4 from a previous mission, and you can get 3 mores as an optional (player chosen) reward from another.
I noticed the sugar canes won't grow, if you just plant them or even by trying to use the watering tool. Bonemeal is not working on them either.
Did I miss something about growing those canes ? Or getting paper from something else at that point ? If i did not the fact some of the rewarding canes are optional might get the player stuck in the quest line.

• Goto the folder you have downloaded Factions End to. open "Factions End/minecraft/config/questline configs/nature line config" copy all files and folders. Go back to "Factions End/minecraft/config" and paste all, overwriting the existing files.
    [/QUOTE]
Thanks for that, I would have had a hard time figuring it out by myself.
When are you supposed to change this config, only when you enter the realm of your choice ?
Also that configuration procedure should be described in the first post of that thread - and maybe ingame too, as it is so essential to perform.

• Are you supposed to activate real Hardcore mode - where dying means game over ? Or what is the difficulty level we should play that on ?

• I've just entered the nature - floating islands - dimension. I've died a few times already, mostly of hunger. What do you guys recommend to make a living - foodwise - in the first days there ? Everything seems to grow so slowly...

Thanks for your attention and the work you put into this !