[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
A slab furnace in the upper half of a block doesn't seem to be generating heat, unlike one in the lower half. Is that intentional?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I wanna click a link titled like that... I got my kids in the room. ;)
click it only on the 1/4 or 3/4 hour and you should be ok[DOUBLEPOST=1414167333][/DOUBLEPOST]Still playing 1.1.2.1 but finally found a block to cool you off...running water. Dunno how useful it'll be?

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Area cooling or standing in it? It's been known standing in water cools you.
Just self, not area...well maybe but how do you test for that? Mentioning it because I've stood in water and it didn't really do anything for me [may have been daytime or around heat sources]. However, very little time in flowing water netted me Hypothermia and Frostbite.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
A slab furnace in the upper half of a block doesn't seem to be generating heat, unlike one in the lower half. Is that intentional?
Not quite intentional... The slab furnace has a different meta value in that top position, despite what WAILA says. Iskandar already knows, so it'll likely be fixed in 1.1.3.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Just self, not area...well maybe but how do you test for that? Mentioning it because I've stood in water and it didn't really do anything for me [may have been daytime or around heat sources]. However, very little time in flowing water netted me Hypothermia and Frostbite.
On this map, you can usually only gain hypothermia quickly when you're lagging - it happened to me during the first night once, and in the Nether another time. The only way you'll get hypothermia without the game glitching is if you stand in water at night, and even then it'll take half the night.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
I was silly enough to fill the inside of a pressure chamber with etching acid to process PCBs but then I broke my save ): I lost my marble/cobble citadel base.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
i want to play this off line with the stupid launcher but i found that the forge and minecraft jar are missing i tried to substitute my own but magic launcher wont load the mods it just loads the vanilla minecraft what do i do?
I don't think FTB supports offline play. I complained about this some time ago and IIRC that was the response. If you're trying to use another launcher with this modpack...I dunno where you should look for support?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think FTB supports offline play. I complained about this some time ago and IIRC that was the response. If you're trying to use another launcher with this modpack...I dunno where you should look for support?
Really? I think I was offline once and I was playing. :confused:Don't know how but pretty sure it was off - the little green light wasn't lighting up on the black box thingy. Tried it anyway and it seemed to let me.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'd suggest locking the frame rate to 30fps for minecraft if you haven't. I had similar issues with a few of my uploads due to how frames are spliced in/out during the rendering process.

Edits: I meant 30fps as an example. What I wanted to get at is lock the frame rate so as to help eliminate the frame rate from jumping around. It was this 'jumping' behavior that caused my videos after rendering to appear blurry(pixelated) or studdering in places.

---

Q: Assuming I have a transfer node(over a cobble gen) pumping directly into a barrel with no other connections, what is the 'best' configuration of upgrades. Right now I'm running 3stacks of mining upgradings and a stack of speed upgrades. Would it be better to swap the speeds for stack/mining upgrades?

I've got a setup of 10 transfer nodes pumping cobble into 5 barrels(2 nodes per barrel). Then from those barrels I'm using SFM to craft each of the compressed cobble variants, moving up tiers when materials are available and want to maximize the process as much as possible.
I'll try that also. I am not seeing it in the other videos though just java ones?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
when ever the crash landing maker gets his/her head out of his/her ass and makes a version that doesnt require feed the beast i will play untill then i will play a real game like half-live 2
=.=*

hf473e76e.jpg

Feed the Beast is a distributing platform. Made to download every single Mod and their respective configs file with minimum hassle. There is literally no need to use the FTB launcher to play CL after you download the files.

Edit: Just notice the name, (to everyone else) carry on and don't derail the thread

Reactions: SReject

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
they have this set up all WRONG there is no minecraft jar file anywhere in the files how does it even launch minecraft without a jar file that makes no since if this forum wasnt so stupid i would upload upload a pic but this forum wont let me upload a pic
Actually, FTB packs are setup QUITE smartly. Instead of each pack requiring Its own modded version of minecraft, FTB instead downloads one copy of each minecraft version(IE: 1.6.4, 1.7.10, etc), and combines the vanilla minecraft.jar with forge and/or similar during each pack's startup initialization (on-the-fly). This helps to keep the required disk space to a minimal, reduces network traffic(as each modpack doesn't need to download another copy of the exact same vanilla MC jar), and speeds up loading as there's fewer checks to be made before the pack can actually start it's mod initalization

TBH, I was tempted to throw the pack together for non-ftb launchers(specifically for you), then your attitude dissuaded me. You've blamed and insulted the launcher, the modpack author, and the FTB team for your shortcomings, instead of just asking for help on how to move CL away from the FTB launcher

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It's a bug with Forge and Java 8. Use 7.

Make sure you have the latest Java 7 installed, then change the path to the java runtime under Options -> Advanced options in the ftb launcher, change "C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\javaw.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" (assuming this is where you've installed Java), and you're good to go.
as far as i know FTB is not compatiable with java 8 yet? Have they fixed that?