[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to *INCREASE* fuel burn up rate. Need Cyanite (was dumb and turned all of mine into blutonium). I have a 7x7x3 reactor filled entirely with 25 fuel rods but my burn up is only at roughly .148mb/tick

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to *INCREASE* fuel burn up rate. Need Cyanite (was dumb and turned all of mine into blutonium). I have a 7x7x3 reactor filled entirely with 25 fuel rods but my burn up is only at roughly .148mb/tick
increase height. Height increases total output at a slight cost to efficiency while width and Breathe increases efficiency

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
IF it did it's rendered irrelevant by virtue of each operation being so fast. As is the highest possible transfer rate IIRC is something like one full drum to another in an operation.
When I was using SFM for the Creating Life quests, it refused to grab more than 32 buckets from my OpenBlocks tanks per operation.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
When I was using SFM for the Creating Life quests, it refused to grab more than 32 buckets from my OpenBlocks tanks per operation.
:V Let me check up on that in CL. I was experimenting on some configs and mod packs and I may/probably have had a weirder MC instance.

It happens[DOUBLEPOST=1413185842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Using a redstone receiver and lever, a whole drum of liquid is moved functionally instantly within one tick.

I literally cannot move my mouse fast enough to see anything more than a 0

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that has more to do with the multiblock nature of openblocks tanks rather than SFM's (if any) transfer rate limit. When anything grabs liquid from an openblocks tank, it grabs it from the one block it's connected to, the connected tanks then refill eachother - It's not actually all one tank, ever. A 3x2x1 openblocks tank is actually 6 seperate tanks all equalising, which is one reason why openblocks tanks are performance hungry.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that has more to do with the multiblock nature of openblocks tanks rather than SFM's (if any) transfer rate limit. When anything grabs liquid from an openblocks tank, it grabs it from the one block it's connected to, the connected tanks then refill eachother - It's not actually all one tank, ever. A 3x2x1 openblocks tank is actually 6 seperate tanks all equalising, which is one reason why openblocks tanks are performance hungry.
I had SFM connected to all the tanks, pulling from all of them.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, reading the conversation, what I came to post ties in QUITE nicely. I'm not sure of(or even if) SFM has a liquid limit. I had to move my water storage earlier and SFM moved 32 full drums of water (from 32 drums to 32 differing drums) in an single action.

Now on to my tell. Working on getting a massive turbine up and running (Thank's @schpeelah for mentioning I might have my water setup wrong. Fixed it to not vent excess and it IS a closed loop). In creative I used two liquid transfer nodes plus upgrades to move water and steam between reactor and turbine. Got back into my 'play world' went to make the transfer nodes... and realized I'd need 64k fluid storage cells(nope.jpg). Back to creative with me. SFM is able to keep up with the transfer demand far better than the transfer node with 3 stacks of speed upgrades plus a stack of 'stack' upgrades

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while for me but how do you solve the food problem in early game. Cause I'm like halfway dying from lack of anything to eat

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while for me but how do you solve the food problem in early game. Cause I'm like halfway dying from lack of anything to eat
Zombie flesh + salt = zombie jerky
Zombie flesh on the rack where you get gun and wrench = Monster jerky (takes time)
Bone + Pot + Mixing bowl = 3x Stock
Stock + spider eye = soup

Reactions: Evillevi

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
It says something I think that my first food solution was to farm Fruit + Rice + Peanut Butter + Sugar Cane.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie flesh + salt = zombie jerky
Zombie flesh on the rack where you get gun and wrench = Monster jerky (takes time)
Bone + Pot + Mixing bowl = 3x Stock
Stock + spider eye = soup
Don't forget rice soup (stock + rice), very good early food.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
It says something I think that my first food solution was to farm Fruit + Rice + Peanut Butter + Sugar Cane.
That part of the quest book is hinting at sustainable food; not 'do this RIGHT now' sort of thing. Once you are able to produce a little dirt, sieve it for your fruit plants, peanuts, rice(or potatos or rye), and sugar cane seeds. Sandwiches are a-may-zing and if you don't like all the steps for making food, they're easy to make and damned good (4 hunger notches + 3.5 saturation notches)

Don't forget rice soup (stock + rice), very good early food.
I was mainly aiming at 'I just started this map and I'm GOING TO STARVE!" foods.
--
Once you have an apple, craft it with an oak sapling to get an apple tree:
Apples + Juicer = apple juice
2 Apples + mixing bowl = fruit salad

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I was mainly aiming at 'I just started this map and I'm GOING TO STARVE!" foods. Once you are able to produce a little dirt, sieve it for your fruit plants, peanuts, rice(or potatos or rye), and sugar cane seeds. Sammiches are a-may-zing and if you don't like all the steps for making food, they're easy to make and damned good (4 hunger notches + 3.5 saturation notches)
:V Considering I've moved the Pyrotheum into my compound, I've found out that it's <a> less of a hassle to get water and <b> Pyrotheum has no heat.

Like seriously the only reason why it's hotter than Lava is the random fires Pyrotheum makes on solid blocks. Slabs are immuned and a two slab wide buffer is enough to have pyrotheum with no heat downsides.

Also does anyone know what's teh spawn requirement for Squid

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
:V Considering I've moved the Pyrotheum into my compound, I've found out that it's <a> less of a hassle to get water and <b> Pyrotheum has no heat.

Like seriously the only reason why it's hotter than Lava is the random fires Pyrotheum makes on solid blocks. Slabs are immuned and a two slab wide buffer is enough to have pyrotheum with no heat downsides.

Also does anyone know what's teh spawn requirement for Squid
water pool below y=63

Reactions: Evillevi

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
So am I understanding ore production correctly that its best to do cobble->hammer to gravel->hammer to sand-> hammer to dust-> sieve dust for ores? I set up a whole automated system for that last night, then was like "crap, should I be sieving gravel instead?". Also, are the extras you get from sieving (redstone, bonemeal, ect) different for sand/gravel/dust? Id check NEI but I'm at work.

Oh, and is there a method of item sorting into barrels with SFM that's easy to expand? Right now I've got a command group for each item sending it to a specific barrel. Can SFM automatically try to place items in the correct barrel without me specifying exactly which one?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm trying 1.1.3 but I got to "Tools of the trade" and it won't detect the bone axe head or bone shovel head that I just made. I tried "/hqm edit" but that doesn't appear to do anything. *D'oh* Just spotted the new book in my inventory, sorry!

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
gravel gets you (most importantly) emerald and diamonds, sand gets you cactus and mycilium seeds

SFM will be able to sort into barrels just by specifying a variable with all barrels and outputting to that collectively

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So am I understanding ore production correctly that its best to do cobble->hammer to gravel->hammer to sand-> hammer to dust-> sieve dust for ores? I set up a whole automated system for that last night, then was like "crap, should I be sieving gravel instead?". Also, are the extras you get from sieving (redstone, bonemeal, ect) different for sand/gravel/dust? Id check NEI but I'm at work.

Oh, and is there a method of item sorting into barrels with SFM that's easy to expand? Right now I've got a command group for each item sending it to a specific barrel. Can SFM automatically try to place items in the correct barrel without me specifying exactly which one?

Sieve gravel for the most metals. Sieve dust for glowstone and redstone. Sieving sand is mostly just for ancient spores. You can also use a pulverizer to make gravel/sand/dust in the same manner as the hammer.

Yes SFM is capable of placing items correctly into barrels without a whitelist.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone else get huge lag when they're picking up the drops from a basic Autonomous Activator & Sieve set up? I'm super-early-game on a new 1.1.3 map, so I don't have anything else in the world apart from a couple of slab furnaces, a Transfer Node cobblegen and a clay crucible over the spilled Pyrotheum.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah you pretty much want to sieve the gravel, take the ore chunks and make the block version, then smash that with a hammer. You get a decent chance of getting 5 ore pieces of the next level down (sand in this case). Then you combine the sand ore pieces to get the block form and hammer that, which of course again can give you 5 pieces instead of 4 sometimes. Using this you can increase your ore output fairly easily. Also fortune on hammers does work although you probably don't have a means of getting that, just a reminder for future reference!