[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
yeah it is.
I suspect that to save calculation time NEI detects light levels rather than seeing if an actual mob can spawn. Integrating the magnum torch specifically may not be a huge challenge for chickenbones, but it would have to be special code for that specific block most likely, which I suspect is why it's not been done - there's no common system for preventing mob spawns besides light levels, and force-checking would be sloooow.
I think all the people that make those simulate. I read at on point, bskprs? or another mod maker saying they plop down an invisible spider and zombie and then remove them to come up with calculations to draw the grid. MC itself doesn't play well with artificial light sources either so that causes issues as well. I do wish the magnum torch / chandelier gave out some sort of grid while holding a special tool a la the precision hammer from MFR. that would be great.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, so here it goes. I wanted to know the best way to use the beta 1.1.3 build? As of now I just copied it over my last updated Crash Landing Folder/instance. Is that ok, or should I have deleted everything is said folder then copy over 1.1.3beta? Thanks

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Alright, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, so here it goes. I wanted to know the best way to use the beta 1.1.3 build? As of now I just copied it over my last updated Crash Landing Folder/instance. Is that ok, or should I have deleted everything is said folder then copy over 1.1.3beta? Thanks
Deleting what is there is recommended. Backing up your saves first is also recommended. This a beta and still very much in testing. Things may work strangely or not at all. Use at your own risk. please report bugs over at my forums so I can investigate and fix.

This why I released it, not for people to play seriously but to test and report back. I mean, feel free to play the map as you like, but things are likely to change quite a bit before 1.1.3 will be released. I can virtually guarantee save compatibility between 1.1.3 release and 1.1.2.1. I cannot guarantee save compatibility between 1.1.3 beta and 1.1.2.1 worlds or even between 1.1.3 beta worlds and 1.1.3 release.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for ideas... Decided on Potion Gens for base power [using Splash Potion Harming II]. This means I need a reliable supply of brown mushrooms [for the fermented spider eye]. Built a room to grow huge brown mushrooms and using harvester/planter combo for automation. But I need to bonemeal them. MC wiki says mushrooms need 1-block space. So how to bonemeal?

NVM: turns out wiki is incorrect and/or AA is allowed [AA next to mushroom works]

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for ideas... Decided on Potion Gens for base power [using Splash Potion Harming II]. This means I need a reliable supply of brown mushrooms [for the fermented spider eye]. Built a room to grow huge brown mushrooms and using harvester/planter combo for automation. But I need to bonemeal them. MC wiki says mushrooms need 1-block space. So how to bonemeal?

NVM: turns out wiki is incorrect and/or AA is allowed [AA next to mushroom works]
If one block space is a problem, Block gates can right click with a one block distance

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the sam diddy hell this thing is?
2014-10-11_093942.png
2014-10-11_093942.png

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I think all the people that make those simulate. I read at on point, bskprs? or another mod maker saying they plop down an invisible spider and zombie and then remove them to come up with calculations to draw the grid. MC itself doesn't play well with artificial light sources either so that causes issues as well. I do wish the magnum torch / chandelier gave out some sort of grid while holding a special tool a la the precision hammer from MFR. that would be great.

I think I know the one you're talking about, with blue squares? and yeah, like i said - slooow. I always took a big FPS hit when using that thing. That was a long time ago though, Things may have changed.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
I have my own projects to do like:
  1. Make a safe (kinda huge) wall with lighting[Check]
  2. Beautify the base[Check]
  3. Make a huge underground base[W.I.P]
  4. Put some smeltery and pneumatic stuff in underground base[W.I.P]
  5. Pam's farm for food[W.I.P]
  6. Make a good source of energy

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I have my own projects to do like:
  1. Make a safe (kinda huge) wall with lighting[Check]
  2. Beautify the base[Check]
  3. Make a huge underground base[W.I.P]
  4. Put some smeltery and pneumatic stuff in underground base[W.I.P]
  5. Pam's farm for food[W.I.P]
  6. Make a good source of energy
6. Redstone generator followed by Wither Star Generator + Resonant energy cell. With one Pulveriser Chain pumping dust to a siever (Per Generator), you get a net possitve in Redstone production

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What's wrong with you guys? That'd be a perfect job for the ultimate fists of Steve.

Reactions: Chaka