[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Other than creating multiple crafters, is there a way to get SFM to craft multiples of the same item from a single trigger? Or a machine/block that will do it?
In output go to whitelist, right click what you want to craft,tick specific amount and fill the number with XXX where XXX is how many of XXX that you want.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
In output go to whitelist, right click what you want to craft,tick specific amount and fill the number with XXX where XXX is how many of XXX that you want.
As a side note, this doesn't really work with pams food and similar crafts (stuff that needs buckets and things), since there's only ever one utility item available to craft with each time. SFM won't craft, say, 10 flour if you have 1 mortar and pestle + 10 potatoes. It might work if you have more than one utility item (cutting board/pot/juicer/etc) but I haven't tested it.

Perhaps that is what was happening.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
As a side note, this doesn't really work with pams food and similar crafts (stuff that needs buckets and things), since there's only ever one utility item available to craft with each time. SFM won't craft, say, 10 flour if you have 1 mortar and pestle + 10 potatoes. It might work if you have more than one utility item (cutting board/pot/juicer/etc) but I haven't tested it.

DW20 seems to have a setup doing just that.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019

As long as you put the excess inventory for those with left over items (EG:pot)correctly,SFM will instantly create as many possible items in one trigger. That's how I automate stuff with SFM anyway

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
... does anyone know a quick way of getting Wither Skulls, Currently I'm using an Autonomous Activator with scythe and beheading upgrade, Vacumn hopper, Auto spawner and fans in order to make farm them. However it isn't as fast as I would like

Are you Exact-spawning wither skeletons with the Auto-Spawner? I found this to be a very slow process and switched to spawning regular skeletons and dropping them into a pool of Witch Water to change them to Wither Skeletons. Combined with the AA wielding a Cleaver with max beheading upgrades, I got so many Wither Skulls I only had to run the farm one time to stock up on all the wither heads I'd ever need.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Are you Exact-spawning wither skeletons with the Auto-Spawner? I found this to be a very slow process and switched to spawning regular skeletons and dropping them into a pool of Witch Water to change them to Wither Skeletons. Combined with the AA wielding a Cleaver with max beheading upgrades, I got so many Wither Skulls I only had to run the farm one time to stock up on all the wither heads I'd ever need.
Yes and OMFG that's genius. That said I'm probably going to have to adjust my mob spawn room to take advantage of this

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have a vanilla mob farm, but with witch water in the flow channels that wash them to the drop. I haven't fiddled with the config to enable wither drops, though, because I wasn't sure if it's a deliberate change to disable them - I think the consensus is that it isn't deliberate though and that we should be able to get necrotic bones and wither skulls, is that right?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a vanilla mob farm, but with witch water in the flow channels that wash them to the drop. I haven't fiddled with the config to enable wither drops, though, because I wasn't sure if it's a deliberate change to disable them - I think the consensus is that it isn't deliberate though and that we should be able to get necrotic bones and wither skulls, is that right?
AFAIK your supposed to get it but Special Mobs accidentally disabled that feature

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK your supposed to get it but Special Mobs accidentally disabled that feature
This is true. The mod 'specialMobs' disable's the vanilla skeletons, and thus vanilla wither skeletons. You need to edit the config to re-enable the behavior, as Shane has stated this was an oversite and NOT intentional

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you put the excess inventory for those with left over items (EG:pot)correctly,SFM will instantly create as many possible items in one trigger. That's how I automate stuff with SFM anyway
huh... that doesn't work for me...
perhaps it's because my craft items and ingredients are in different chests... I feel a need to investigate this further now...

Edit: just tested this in different ways, SFM was always only crafting one item at a time, unless there's multiple 'utility' items in the input chest/s

Trigger (on high pulse, button)
Input (blacklist)
Crafter(potato + mortar and pestle = flour) - excess inventory set to whatever chest had the pestle & mortar in
Output(whitelist flour)

modifying input/output chest selections made no difference, modifying the item count in the output also made no difference, it always made one item at a time. Are you sure it creates as many as possible?

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Is there a visually transparent block that doesn't let light through. I'm creating a dark room mob trap, but want to be able to look into it

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Q: Is there a visually transparent block that doesn't let light through. I'm creating a dark room mob trap, but want to be able to look into it
Dark Glass, like the ship's windows are made of. Needs glass and ink and blackout curtans to make. You can also harvest it from the top of the nuclear towers in the cities.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Glass like the one used in Reactor buildings
huh... that doesn't work for me...
perhaps it's because my craft items and ingredients are in different chests... I feel a need to investigate this further now...

Edit: just tested this in different ways, SFM was always only crafting one item at a time, unless there's multiple 'utility' items in the input chest/s

Trigger (on high pulse, button)
Input (blacklist)
Crafter(potato + mortar and pestle = flour) - excess inventory set to whatever chest had the pestle & mortar in
Output(whitelist flour)

modifying input/output chest selections made no difference, modifying the item count in the output also made no difference, it always made one item at a time. Are you sure it creates as many as possible?
I'll experiment later. First me sleep

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

It is not deliberate and should be fixed in 1.1.3, so says Shane.