[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of bugs and fixes i want to add a post over on the CL website listing all the known bugs and fixes so ppl can find bugs and fixes faster now i know 99.9% of them but rembering them off the top of my head is tuff so can i get some help from everybody by sending me all the bugs and fixes you all know ether at [EMAIL][email protected][/EMAIL] or you can PM me here

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Tnks for posting the fix i was in a rush and didnt think to add it
No problem.

After looking through NEI at the heart containers of various levels, I realized if you didn't want us crafting the first level of heart containers, you all would have just removed the recipe. That and my knowledge of SpecialMobs lead me to believe it was an oversight.[DOUBLEPOST=1412350102][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a server jar for ftp? Cause I'm trying to make a multi player server for me and friends.
Open launcher -> click "3rd party mods" -> click "CrashLanding" -> below the "tabs" but above the modpack selection you will see a button that says "download server" or similar

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yes necrotic bones is a bug and should be fixed in 113 and as to the range of MFR machines if you make a MFR precision sledgehammer and hold in hand it will show the range of the machines
Totally forgot about the SledgeHammer [now Peter Gabriel is wandering around in my mind, singing and randomly breaking stuff].

I recall reading [somewhere] that no necrotic bones was working as intended. Hard to keep track with almost 400 pgs and various other forums/reddits/etc. And yup, I also keep forgetting about the official site. Thanks and glad I was wrong.
@SReject : thanks for posting the fix!

Edit: vertical range of Harvester is 4 [1 below/2 above]

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Totally forgot about the SledgeHammer [now Peter Gabriel is wandering around in my mind, singing and randomly breaking stuff].

I recall reading [somewhere] that no necrotic bones was working as intended. Hard to keep track with almost 400 pgs and various other forums/reddits/etc. And yup, I also keep forgetting about the official site. Thanks and glad I was wrong.
@SReject : thanks for posting the fix!

Edit: vertical range of Harvester is 4 [1 below/2 above]

Great Just Great bet you cant gess what im looking up on YT right now THANK YOU VERY MUCH :p

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Any one else using cacti for there water? :p I thought it was an intresting way to do it since I saw most using leaves. I have SFM auto crafting water bottles (with a large cacti farm), then putting them into my my empty camel pack and sending me the filled one.
I did exactly that on my last 'city base' playthrough. Outside the building I turned into my home was a nice big manual cactus farm. When I am able to play Minecraft again, I'll probably have a new CL version and have to restart my career as a moisture farmer.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You're not able to 'legitly' obtain Necrotic bones in CL. All canisters are meant to be obtained thru city raiding [you'll find all 3 types in chests]

If people would just think stuff like this through before repeating it there would be a lot less misinformation out there. If canisters weren't meant to be crafted then the recipe would be disabled with minetweaker, right? I don't know how the logical conclusion instead becomes "they added SpecialMobs just to get rid of necrotic bones." Occam isn't a designer at Gillette.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
If people would just think stuff like this through before repeating it there would be a lot less misinformation out there. If canisters weren't meant to be crafted then the recipe would be disabled with minetweaker, right? I don't know how the logical conclusion instead becomes "they added SpecialMobs just to get rid of necrotic bones." Occam isn't a designer at Gillette.

Since I'm the one who you quoted...I'm going to assume I'm who you meant as 'people'. I had no idea [before @Shane2482 's post] whether this was mistake or intentional. My limited research on the matter led me to inconclusive results. I found zero posts on the matter from anyone related to the modpack [again, prior to Shane's recent post] IRT this and IIRC someone in the FTB clan was saying 'working as intended'.

Isn't it possible, if it were intentional, that someone discovered SpecialMobs disabled necrotic bone drops and the recipe was left intact as a troll?

And I'm totally lost on the razor-reference.:confused: NVM, somehow thought Occam might have been a SpecialMobs dev.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

The SpecialMobs Update broke a cpl things mob drops and mob greifing are 2 big ones and prob some others that we havent found yet. Mob drops can be fixed but mob greifing cant befor the update normale mob greifing was off but special mob greifing still worked (creeper in pyro :D wither)now we cant do that its either all or none

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I did exactly that on my last 'city base' playthrough. Outside the building I turned into my home was a nice big manual cactus farm. When I am able to play Minecraft again, I'll probably have a new CL version and have to restart my career as a moisture farmer.

If you even have just one vacuum hopper you can automate them with the vannila method of placing diagnol blocks one high so as soon as they grow they break and get put into the vacuum hopper into a barrel or such. Or latter game rapid item valves.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
How do you put water and lava in the smeltery to get obsidian?
No idea but you can do it from a stone barrel too. Just put lava in the stone barrel and pour water (or block up the mouth of the stone barrel and put the water in there) over the barrel. There's the obsidian.

CreepnTG

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind figured it out.[DOUBLEPOST=1412376782][/DOUBLEPOST]you have to use a tank and put it into the smeltery drain

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
If you even have just one vacuum hopper you can automate them with the vannila method of placing diagnol blocks one high so as soon as they grow they break and get put into the vacuum hopper into a barrel or such. Or latter game rapid item valves.
Use fences as the breaking block for cacti...much less chance of the cacti item falling back and destroying itself. With a 1-tick rapid item valve this isn't an issue tho.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Use fences as the breaking block for cacti...much less chance of the cacti item falling back and destroying itself. With a 1-tick rapid item valve this isn't an issue tho.
any item attractor that can overcome gravity above it also makes it a non issue, the valve can be used to sweep them up

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
This map is the first time I have actually made a smeltery because all the other times I've Ben on a server and I just used some one else's smeltery

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing power generators earlier when I realize something really really weird, in that you can safely(for a given value) get Nether Stars long* before you get the other high tier stuff.

Using speed upgrades with the Transfer node Cobble gen and SFM it's possible to get enough septuple(?) compressed cobble which the Wither cannot break in a reasonable amount of time. Simple Wither boss cage ahoy

Then using the needle gun at point blank range, it takes about 8 clips inorder to kill the wither from start to finish, apparently the shielding does not protect against the neddlegun.

Wither Heads farmed using autonomous activators with Scythe + Beheading + Auto Spawner + conveyor belts.

Now to see if I can get the SFM to chuck swords to kill Wither with Rapid Blcok gates

*If you're willing to whack the withers yourself rather than getting the AA