[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
there are a lot of vanilla mechanics to get seed that have been removed so using those methods to get items that are not supposed to be would be concidered an exploit. However there is a fix for this comming up that will alow you to get the seeds but they wont be as OP as they are currentley[DOUBLEPOST=1412474798][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: if you are using them now dont worry about it there are a lot of other pple using worse exploits than this and if you want to keep the melons or potatos but want to keep it legit then just dont use them to fix all your food needs

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
This pack needs some infos on heat source radii... What's a good 'general' spacing to avoid basement heat from affecting ship interior?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Rule of thumb :)

HEAT IS EVERYWHERE

Don't bother :)
Ok. Not very helpful. Defaulting to 4 block spacer [think that's the max # solid blocks elevators will work through].
FYI: microblocks stop elevators from working :mad:

Finally solved water. SFM is finicky. Can someone who's knowledge-able with SFM/PC-interaction explain why I need to output my camel pack to a chest, then input for crafting?
This is how it works currently:
Input: Aerial Interface / down / Camel pack 100 dmg
Output: Chest
Input: Chest / Camel pack + water bottles
Craft: Camel pack 0 dmg
Output: Aerial Interface / down / Camel pack 0 dmg

This is how I wanted it to work:
Input: Chest / 4 water bottles
This method fails to pull the camel pack when empty - dunno why?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
heat ignores all blocks, so you can't block it off or dissipate it in any way. keep that in mind when setting things up. as for individual heat ranges, you'd have to look it up in the config file(s).

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Not very helpful. Defaulting to 4 block spacer [think that's the max # solid blocks elevators will work through].

Finally solved water. SFM is finicky. Can someone who's knowledge-able with SFM/PC-interaction explain why I need to output my camel pack to a chest, then input for crafting?

I tried and doesnt work :)

But tbh does it really make a difference?

celo747

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/KkMbwvw.png?1[/spoiler]

need a bit of help my overworld tps has dropped to 7 trying to find out why and clean up the area but it does not seem to help. any thoughts/fixes

about the lives if anyone wants to know
also about the 3 lives i did /hqm enable a bit into playing just as instinct when it poped up that i did not have it enabled and don't feel like restarting just to get it to go away still playing hardcore and will delete after death

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/KkMbwvw.png?1[/spoiler]

need a bit of help my overworld tps has dropped to 7 trying to find out why and clean up the area but it does not seem to help. any thoughts/fixes

about the lives if anyone wants to know
also about the 3 lives i did /hqm enable a bit into playing just as instinct when it poped up that i did not have it enabled and don't feel like restarting just to get it to go away still playing hardcore and will delete after death
No expert but I'd suggest firing up Opis mod [spelling?] and see what that tells you - you may have to install it as I'm unsure if it's included with CL.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I tried and doesnt work :)

But tbh does it really make a difference?
Are you talking about the elevator or the SFM/PC interaction? If it's the SFM/PC interaction, knowing why helps increase the knowledge pool. I suspect it's some cross-mod incompatibility and prob specific to the aerial interface block.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hah. While back someone reported that the interaction of water [flowing or still] and smooth stone allowed Blizz to spawn inside a mob tower [darkroom]. I just found 2 Blizz under my tree farm. The area's well lit and floored with Chiseled cobble. The only recent change I've made was to replace some of the floor with snow blocks. So either these Blizz both caught a Ghast ride over the wall [from where?] or Snow/Cobble allow Blizz to spawn in non-dark conditions.

Edit: :( Blizz spawn on Snow Blocks [ftbwiki]
Thought I'd discovered something...

Last edited:

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know if there's LPs of people doing the city ruin start (where you grab everything you can from the ship and head straight to the nearest city)?

Reactions: ScottieC

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Hm simple question, is there any other way to maintain a low temperature aside from using a camel pack? I know there are some items that when held, would raise your temperature, like the pyrotheum bucket but what about the opposite? ^^;;

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
How does one obtain pumpkin/pumpkin seeds?
You aren't supposed to, but there are 'nilla mechanics that allow it

No one is sure why it has to be done like that. Here's my setup if interested

anyone know if there's LPs of people doing the city ruin start (where you grab everything you can from the ship and head straight to the nearest city)?
I don't know about RIGHT AWAY, but I do know GenerikB did a city run within the first few esp. of his LP

Hm simple question, is there any other way to maintain a low temperature aside from using a camel pack? I know there are some items that when held, would raise your temperature, like the pyrotheum bucket but what about the opposite? ^^;;
This was discussed a few pages pack. Camel pack is the only way to maintain tempature. There is quite a few items that raise ambiant heat, but none that reduce it

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
smack out a 1x1x1 hole somewhere away from heated blocks, drop a bucket of water into it, and then stand in it at night. it'll supercool you fast enough to bring you from heat stroke down to hypothermia in only a couple minutes. aside from that, wearing diamond armor will cool you a bit, as will that one pneumaticraft helmet.

c0cYz.png

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, just found out that having a gelid cryotheum bucket in your hotbar will actually cool you down enough to never overheat when exploring the ruins.. I guess that's enough for me.. xD

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
smack out a 1x1x1 hole somewhere away from heated blocks, drop a bucket of water into it, and then stand in it at night. it'll supercool you fast enough to bring you from heat stroke down to hypothermia in only a couple minutes. aside from that, wearing diamond armor will cool you a bit, as will that one pneumaticraft helmet.
As far as a water hole be careful not to right click it... will cause dehydration. Armor, depending on material used to make it helps cool you off. Iron, gold, etc cool you off durring night but heat you up durring the day. Diamond is the only material that cools you down regardless of day-night cycle time. But none help temperatures around machines.

Okay, just found out that having a gelid cryotheum bucket in your hotbar will actually cool you down enough to never overheat when exploring the ruins.. I guess that's enough for me.. xD
Make sure you extensively test this. As in it wasn't night, nor was it 'raining'(It doesn't actually rain, but the sky gets a bit dimmer when its supposed to be raining in the world, resulting in the ambient temperature being reduce a bit)

Durring my testing, Cryotheum did nothing to very little in the way of cooling me off. Same can be said for holding snowballs, snowblocks, and ice, none effected temperature. Nor does placing them and standing on/around them help.

Last edited:

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
As far as a water hole be careful not to right click it... will cause dehydration. Armor, depending on material used to make it helps cool you off. Iron, gold, etc cool you off durring night but heat you up durring the day. Diamond is the only material that cools you down regardless of day-night cycle time. But none help temperatures around machines.

Make sure you extensively test this. As in it wasn't night, nor was it 'raining'(It doesn't actually rain, but the sky gets a bit dimmer when its supposed to be raining in the world, resulting in the ambient temperature being reduce a bit)

Durring my testing, Cryotheum did nothing to very little in the way of cooling me off. Same can be said for holding snowballs, snowblocks, and ice, none effected temperature. Nor does placing them and standing on/around them help.

Tested it and yeah it does work...
Here's a screenshot without having the cryotheum in my hotbar
m5STo6o.png

When i have it in my hotbar
yKUcFYY.png

When i wear a full set of Diamond Armor and have the bucket in my hotbar
oGxCSse.png

When i wear a full set of Diamond Armor and do not have the bucket in my hotbar
6AQFQ4Q.png

There's only a few seconds in between these tests and as you can see, the two dots on the temp bar move quite a lot to the left when i have both Diamond Armor and the Cryotheum bucket in my hotbar, so i will never overheat when i have both

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
could you try Just Cryotheum vs. Non cryotheum. (Leave armor off)

That was the first and second picture.
The first one i have nothing on and the second one i only have the Cryotheum Bucket.. Both pictures i don't have armor
Also i tested this without any heat source/machines nearby. This is the same as spawning in a new world

Dano6655

Jul 29, 2019

I haven't seen any LPS but I have actually done it and it's VERY effective, although you have to get somewhat lucky. You need to grab all the items you can, complete the first 3 quests, ( I only play on hard mode) and then bone meal the first tree. I think you need at least a 6 log tree and to not waste all your bonemeal for this to work which is why you have to get lucky. Make a tinker setup and make at least a pickaxe and a shovel. (remember pattern can be made with 4 sticks) If you get a 7 log tree and use like no bonemeal I think you can also get a pan but I don't remember exactly. Head directly south to the first building. (careful it has a pigman spawner on the bottom floor to the left). Setup a perimeter by digging a trench and building a wall (if you don't try to make it too large you should be fine). The city will provide all the water and food you need early on if you progress at a reasonable rate and the cobwebs you thought were useless in other runs can get you a very early bed. If you find the right buildings you can even get a SFM auto sifter setup really easily, almost before building anything else. I've found the city to be exactly the same every time so even if you lose to variance a few times you'll learn enough to do better the next time. The biggest thing to remember is the 3 floor spawners won't spawn if you're on the bottom floor. I've found that pigman spawners are most commonly on the 3rd floor for the basic buildings so i enter the building and clear the bottom floor then quickly elevator to the top floor and try to get on top of the book cases. It's kinda like playing russian roulette because sometimes the pigman just spawn on you, but most of the time it works just fine. If my computer is able to record/stream I could try doing so. It's a really fun way to play the pack for those who don't want the usual early game grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC