[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this and comprehend what you're suggesting and this got me thinking about the single stuffed duct I have and the random rendering lag I see [or don't see] from time to time. Then this got me thinking about how ducts can hold vast amounts of items and cause very, very serious tps lag. So how do you avoid the situation where thousands of items are going loopty-loo?

There’s a cpl ways to fix this one way is to decrease the stack size for the TE duct that way it’s not moving so many items at the same time but the best way to fix this is if you have a system that is getting back stuffed a lot but moves a lot of items then its best to use another transport method in this pack there are the transfer nodes and pipes from Extra Utilities these are very powerful and can do some crazy auto sorting if you set them up right and there’s SFM can do just about anything with it but can get complicated.

Edit: sry me being an idiot

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There’s a cpl ways to fix this one way is to decrease the stack size for the TE duct that way it’s not moving so many items at the same time...
Really? I thought that an entity representing a stack of 64 items took up the same amount of data as a single item. Taking things in smaller stacks should increase the amount of data, not reduce it.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I thought that an entity representing a stack of 64 items took up the same amount of data as a single item. Taking things in smaller stacks should increase the amount of data, not reduce it.

You know what you are right sry just waking up here not thinking clearly yet decreasing stack size prevents back stuffing the PneCraft pressure chamber no help to the TE ducts themselves

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I'd love to see a large group of people all playing this together. Does anyone know of a YouTube series with a big bunch of people playing, like MindCrack or ForgeCraft? It would also be a great idea for a charity week-end playthrough with a bunch of celebrity streamers, 'tubers, and modders.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
I find that playing within a party (even a party of 2) isn't well balanced (machines parts, energy cells, etc).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a large group of people all playing this together. Does anyone know of a YouTube series with a big bunch of people playing, like MindCrack or ForgeCraft? It would also be a great idea for a charity week-end playthrough with a bunch of celebrity streamers, 'tubers, and modders.
Theres the ProCrash Crew that concist of Landstryder, FunshineX, Nemsun & Ego, Lord Raccoon, and Palindrome they do there own things but on occasions they do group vids

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Theres the ProCrash Crew that concist of Landstryder, FunshineX, Nemsun & Ego, Lord Raccoon, and Palindrome they do there own things but on occasions they do group vids

Wow looks like I need to catch up on some vids

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
Currently throwing togather an FAQ list. Other than where to get the modpack, where to post bugs&exploits, what other questions should be added & answered?
Not sure if this would be the right place but I actually tried to create a Mechanic Villager by compressing a normal one in the pressure chamber and it crashes the game right when your villager is about to transmute (and you'll lose your villager). This is actually a known PC bug (issue 99) that won't get fixed for MC 1.6, unfortunately. Workaround : use an auto-spawner to get Mechanic villagers, which is less fun.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
FAQ thus far:

Q: Where can I download the client version?
A: You must use the Feed the Beast launcher. It is found under "3rd Party Packs"

Q: Where can I download the server version?
A: Select Crashlanding under "3rd Party Packs", then click the "Download Server" button located just under the tab-selection bar

Q: Who is the developer?
A: Iskandar created the map and modpack, and Shane2482 helps to maintain it.

Q: I found a bug/exploit, where do I post it?
A: Either post them at http://crashlanding.wildwestscifi.net/board/forum/support or email [email protected]

Q: What are all these acronyms/initalisms that I keep seeing?
A:
MC: Minecraft
CL: Crashlanding
TE, TE2, TE3: Thermal Expansion (mod)
PC,PneCr: Pneumatic Craft (mod)
MFR: Minefactory Reloaded (mod)
SFM: Steve's Factory Manager (mod)​

Q: How do I fix PneCr's Aerial Interface's "Player can not be found on the server" error?
A: Ignore it. Even though this error comes up, the A. Interface still functions as it should.

Q: How do I create a mechanical villager without crashing my game?
A: This is a known PneCr issue. To get said villager: cure a zombie villager, catch it in a safari net, then use MFR's auto spawner until you get one

Q: Why can't I craft stuff with these books I got from the city?
A: Those books have some meta data attached to them that prevents it. To fix this, craft a single 'vanilla' book, hold it in your hotbar, then throw the 'bad' books out and pick them back up. They'll stack with the good book causing the meta data to be removed. You'll have to do this for each stack of 'bad' books you have

If there's other things that come up time and time again, let me know, as I'm still adding/editing it before making a legit post

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
FAQ thus far:

Q: Where can I download the client version?
A: You must use the Feed the Beast launcher. It is found under "3rd Party Packs"

Q: Where can I download the server version?
A: Select Crashlanding under "3rd Party Packs", then click the "Download Server" button located just under the tab-selection bar

Q: Who is the developer?
A: Iskandar created the map and modpack but due to health issues has intrusted its maintaince to Shane2428.

Q: I found a bug/exploit, where do I post it?
A: Either post them at http://crashlanding.wildwestscifi.net/board/forum/support or email [email protected]

Q: What are all these acronyms/initalisms that I keep seeing?
A:
MC: Minecraft
CL: Crashlanding
TE, TE2, TE3: Thermal Expansion (mod)
PC,PneCr: Pneumatic Craft (mod)
MFR: Minefactory Reloaded (mod)
SFM: Steve's Factory Manager (mod)

Q: How do I fix PneCr's Aerial Interface's "Player can not be found on the server" error?
A: Ignore it. Even though this error comes up, the A. Interface still functions as it should.

Q: How do I create a mechanical villager without crashing my game?
A: This is a known PneCr issue. To get said villager: cure a zombie villager, catch it in a safari net, then use MFR's auto spawner until you get one

Q: Why can't I craft stuff with these books I got from the city?
A: Those books have some meta data attached to them, that prevents it. To fix this, craft a single 'vanilla' book, hold it in your hotbar, then throw the 'bad' books out, and pick them back up. They'll stack with
the good book causing the meta data to be removed. You'll have to do this for each stack of 'bad' books you have

If there's other things that come up time and time again, let me know, as I'm still adding/editing it before making a legit post

Hey this is good info iv got something similar over on the website Known Bugs and Fixes. You may want to check there to make sure you dont dup anything but keep it up and PM me this list when your done and ill add it to the website credited to you. And if you or anyone eles can think of anything that i fogot let me know an ill up date the list

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe someone can help me. I'm playing around with SFM and tesseracts, Am I doing something wrong, or is SFM unable to pull items out of a tesseract. That is, I can output to the tesseract, but have to use a buffer chest to pull items out of it

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Maybe someone can help me. I'm playing around with SFM and tesseracts, Am I doing something wrong, or is SFM unable to pull items out of a tesseract. That is, I can output to the tesseract, but have to use a buffer chest to pull items out of it
SFM can interact with inventories, but is not itself an inventory. Tesseracts can interact with (push into, I think, but not pull from) inventories, but are not themselves inventories. Therefore SFM cannot interact with tesseracts or vice versa. You do indeed need a buffer inventory of some sort. In fact I don't think anything can "pull from" tesseracts, you can only "push to" and "accept pushed items from".

Dano6655

Jul 29, 2019
I find that playing within a party (even a party of 2) isn't well balanced (machines parts, energy cells, etc).

you can turn multiple rewards off in party options but i think that might be a bit too weak in some situations

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
you can turn multiple rewards off in party options but i think that might be a bit too weak in some situations
Some make sense, like the camel pack, armor, weapons, tools, shell constructors. But energy cells, machine components, maybe should not be multi-party. Ideally the multi-party flag for rewards should be part of the quest set up, with only the first submitter getting the unique rewards, but I guess HCQM doesn't have that feature.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be a nice feature for HQM, allowing you to specify which rewards allow/disallow multiple people to claim them in party mode.

In a map like this you definitely want everyone to get the early stuff (e.g. the camel pack) but doubling up on later stuff (e.g. machine frames!) is a little OP.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. It would be a problem early game with "individual" things like food, water, camel pack though. And while these aren't an issue, I find that mutualizing stuff like generators, PCBs, energy cells, compressed iron, seared bricks, machine frames, etc does make progressing easier. That's why I think parties aren't as well balanced as solo mode. Ideally, some quest requirements should scale with party size IMHO.

Edit : Having the option to disable multiple rewards for specific quests as suggested would also help a lot. That would be great.

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That'd be a nice feature for HQM, allowing you to specify which rewards allow/disallow multiple people to claim them in party mode.

In a map like this you definitely want everyone to get the early stuff (e.g. the camel pack) but doubling up on later stuff (e.g. machine frames!) is a little OP.

Actually instead it'd be better if you could flag a quest to need both parties to turn in all parts instead.