[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Roxlvox

Jul 29, 2019
Don't quote me, but I don't think 64-bit java is specifically required to run any FTB pack, as that would exclude most older PCs. It may, in fact, be implied, by the amount of recommended RAM if the modpack has one...as I recall 32-bit Windows having a RAM cap [then amount of which escapes me ~2.4G?].

@Roxlvox : If your problem is what I think it is, you need to be using Java7 (32/64-bit depends on your hardware) vice Java8. FTB Launcher has issues with Java8. You don't need to uninstall Java8, just install Java7 and specifically tell FTB to use Java7. If you already are using Java7, then you'd need to post the server.log via spoiler/pastebin for more assistance.

And is this a troll or what? Free Laser Assembly Program, combined with Drill Assembly Program [cost of 8 Emeralds + Diamond] results in being able to process a total of 1 items [Compressed Iron Block -> 8 Adv Pressure Tubes]? If this is working as intended, all this does is fuel my dislike of PC and I call Shenanigans.
So I looked and I am using java 7 update 67 64 bit because my pc is 64 bit. I also made sure that the file path for java was correct. Here is a link to the log from the console http://pastebin.com/imawwFvT I hope it will help

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if you download just the 32 bit java and then download the launcher it will tell you that you only have the 32 bit and that most Mod packs will require 64 bit to run. then every time you go into where you change the ram used at the bottom it will say " download 64 bit java". Don't know if it does this still on 32 bit machines cause i have only ever bought the 32 bit/64 bit ones and downloaded both javas.

Note: If you are downloading and have a 32/64 bit machine you may have to manually download the 64 bit java as it defaults to the 32 bit download most times unless you are running a 64 bit window.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
So I looked and I am using java 7 update 67 64 bit because my pc is 64 bit. I also made sure that the file path for java was correct. Here is a link to the log from the console http://pastebin.com/imawwFvT I hope it will help

It seems like you just got a bad copy of CL. Try re-downloading it:

1: Close minecraft and the FTB launcher
2: If you have a save, navigate to /path/crashlanding/minecraft, and copy the "saves" folder. Put it somewhere outside of the crashlanding folder
3: Delete the path/crashlanding/ folder
4: Open the FTB launcher, select crashlanding, launch
5: Once minecraft has finished loading, close it
6: move "saves" folder back into /path/crashlanding/minecraft/
7: Restart CL

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Just because your PC is 64 bit does not mean the web site auto downloads the 64 java. it defaults to 32 bit unless the internet is running in 64 bit mode. Try manually download the 64 bit ver.

Note: Here is the link as to what i was talking about in case someone didn't understand me.
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

Note2: If using Chrome to download i believe their 64 bit chrome is still in beta form and doesn't auto install or update to. I found it buggy my self and uninstalled in. If this is not right feel free to correct me plz.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Just because your PC is 64 bit does not mean the web site auto downloads the 64 java. it defaults to 32 bit unless the internet is running in 64 bit mode. Try manually download the 64 bit ver.

Note: Here is the link as to what i was talking about in case someone didn't understand me.

Note2: If using Chrome to download i believe their 64 bit chrome is still in beta form and doesn't auto install or update to. I found it buggy my self and uninstalled in. If this is not right feel free to correct me plz.
if you use a 32 bit browser then the download site will default to a 32 bit java

Roxlvox

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like you just got a bad copy of CL. Try re-downloading it:

1: Close minecraft and the FTB launcher
2: If you have a save, navigate to /path/crashlanding/minecraft, and copy the "saves" folder. Put it somewhere outside of the crashlanding folder
3: Delete the path/crashlanding/ folder
4: Open the FTB launcher, select crashlanding, launch
5: Once minecraft has finished loading, close it
6: move "saves" folder back into /path/crashlanding/minecraft/
7: Restart CL

Yes I am 100% sure have 64 bit java installed but what is CL

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yes I am 100% sure have 64 bit java installed but what is CL
did you make sure it is downloading into it's own file inside downloads? If you can't play any mod packs then it is not the pack it is the launcher or file problem. Also make sure the laucher short cut is inside the file as well. That helps sometimes.

Roxlvox

Jul 29, 2019
CL = CrashLanding
I followed all the steps crash landing downloads but then it just gives me that error but the funny thing is I can run 1.1.1 and erlier also this happens with other 1.6.4 modpacks too i can run the older versions but the newer ones give me the same error idk what the problem is but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might have something to do with a newer version of 1.6.4 Forge

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Standing in it causes you to 'freeze your butt off'(take damage), but it does nothing for ambient temperatures.

That is, sort of how standing, say, 3 blocks within the vicinity of a machine causes the temperature bar(the black dots) to sky rocket. If you place Cryotheum and stand right next to it nothing happens for/to that black bar

What I'm getting at is this map is all about heat management. Don't stay in the sun too long, don't stand beside machines too long, etc yet there's no counter-balance for heat producers... Even late-game stuff. I mean, if 'hot blocks' such as machines and lava create heat, then it stands to reason that 'cold blocks' such as ice and snow would reduce it
There must be come kind of bug. I recall someone talking about gelid cryotheum cooling them so much they get dehydrated because they no longer drink from the camel pack, and of course there is a quest to make snow for cooling.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I followed all the steps crash landing downloads but then it just gives me that error but the funny thing is I can run 1.1.1 and erlier also this happens with other 1.6.4 modpacks too i can run the older versions but the newer ones give me the same error idk what the problem is but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might have something to do with a newer version of 1.6.4 Forge
you might need to post this in the launcher bugs. have you check there for known issues to see if any match ur problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1412270122][/DOUBLEPOST]This is the support link
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded to java 8 cause java kept pestering me to, that broke my CL. Uninstalled java 8, reinstalled java 7 32-bit, CL still didn't work. Installed java 7 64-bit. Fixed.

Reactions: LostBMe

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
There must be come kind of bug. I recall someone talking about gelid cryotheum cooling them so much they get dehydrated because they no longer drink from the camel pack, and of course there is a quest to make snow for cooling.
The quest talks about using snowballs to make 'cold water', not using snow blocks to cool you off

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Will SFM not directly interact with a Harvester? I've tried inputing from the Harvester using every direction and items just get spit out the back. Do I need a chest buffer or place the cable directly behind the Harvester? Currently replacing my spider-proofing...which was accidentally harvested :(.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
So whats everyone working on? I'm currently building a 'super sieve':

Produces and Sieves*:
Stone
Gravel
Sand
Dust
Soul Sand
Netherrack
(Thinking about adding dirt)
Material Handling:
Divides metals between two smelteries to keep from making alloys.
Uses basins to make blocks of the metals before moving them to storage​

By Products:
Jungle Wood
Jungle Leaves
Jungle Saplings
Vines
Water
Dirt
Lava
*: Produces more than needed for sieving​

Will post pictures when finished[DOUBLEPOST=1412279400][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will SFM not directly interact with a Harvester? I've tried inputing from the Harvester using every direction and items just get spit out the back. Do I need a chest buffer or place the cable directly behind the Harvester? Currently replacing my spider-proofing...which was accidentally harvested :(.
Yea, you need to buffer it. If the harvester doesn't have an adjacent inventory, it shoots what it chops out into the world

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Snip...
I'm currently building a 'super sieve':

By Products:
Jungle Wood
Jungle Leaves
Vines
Water
Yea, you need to buffer it. If the harvester doesn't have an adjacent inventory, it shoots what it chops out into the world

How in the world to you get a 'sieve' to produce these by-products? [not a serious question]

Figures about the lack-of-interaction. I think I remember someone telling me many pages ago that ducts act as an inventory. I guess in this sense SFM pipes do not. Oh well.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
How in the world to you get a 'sieve' to produce these by-products? [not a serious question]
I know you were joking but to clarify for others, I have a tree farm(set to sheer leaves):
Wood into furnace generaters (to power fluid transposers, pulverizers and redstone furance),
Leaves into fluid transposers for water and saplings
Excess leaves, saplings, and vines into Ex Nihilo barrels for dirt
If it doesn't fit in generators, fluid transposers, or Ex Nihilo Barrels its stored as excess​

Lava comes from crucibles, heated by fire from netherrack.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
You do need a buffer chest. It's not because SFM can't pull from the harvester, it's the harvester that can't put items into SFM - if it doesn't find an inventory next to it when it harvests, it spits items on the ground (itemducts are technically inventories).