[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after having realised the ridiculousness of pneumaticraft seeds, I want to automate squid and lightning seeds (the ones required for circuit boards) but I have absolutely no idea how I would automate these. What have other people done?

And what's a reason that the interfaces on a pressure chamber just don't do anything? I've had a stack of squid seeds sitting in it for 3 in game days now. And if it does stick like this, when it finally goes in, it will wipe out ALL pressure in the system. As opposed to if they go in straight away, it's a bump and nothing more

Fallen, I think it's just plain diamond armor.

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
And what's a reason that the interfaces on a pressure chamber just don't do anything? I've had a stack of squid seeds sitting in it for 3 in game days now. And if it does stick like this, when it finally goes in, it will wipe out ALL pressure in the system. As opposed to if they go in straight away, it's a bump and nothing more
Assuming you are only using low pressure tubes and the coal powered air compressor, you shouldn't be sending full stacks of items at a time into the interfaces because it uses up A LOT of pressure in the chamber. Try separating your stacks of items into 4's or 8's until you get to high pressure tubes and the kinetic compressor.

As for automating seeds, there are several ways to do this with either drones or SFM.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after having realised the ridiculousness of pneumaticraft seeds, I want to automate squid and lightning seeds (the ones required for circuit boards) but I have absolutely no idea how I would automate these. What have other people done?

Fallen, I think it's just plain diamond armor.

Okie thanks!

Assuming you are only using low pressure tubes and the coal powered air compressor, you shouldn't be sending full stacks of items at a time into the interfaces because it uses up A LOT of pressure in the chamber. Try separating your stacks of items into 4's or 8's until you get to high pressure tubes and the kinetic compressor.

As for automating seeds, there are several ways to do this with either drones or SFM.

How do you do it with drones? o.0 Drones cant Q throw stuff to my knowledge

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
I like the orange wool. it speaks to me (and tells me to murder my next door neighbor, but yeah, bad wool. bad wool.....)

also, I like the battlestar galactica ship thingies or is that star wars x wings :) hehe omg, this few brain cells in my head. weeeee now I know how the other side lives.
orange wool, blue wool, wool all colors of wool and dont forget the clay blocks of all colors this is one of those things the mods make me do color coded templates cause the mods dont reconise moded blocks :) . And yes thats the Star Wars X-Wing and yes it flies LD Raccoon wanted to see if i could make a working one with Archimedes Ships had to change the baloon texture but i made it work

<Snip> I think the collapsed building is a brilliant idea! Just a thought but you might want to add more of a diagonal break from top to bottom to give it a more realistic feeling.

That building never got finished cause the footprint was too big for the city had to redo with blown out walls like the other buildings

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
whats the "best" armor in this pack?

Diamond is probably the best from both a protection and heat management perspective, but I would swap in a Pneumatic helmet if you have the setup to support charging it. Great at lowering your heat in the sun, and a lot of very useful add-ons available.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019

I shamelessly copied landstryders setup using SFM for the seed automation. I tried to do it with vanilla redstone but the timing was too iffy.

ZackUnme

Jul 29, 2019
Wait what

Did you cheat in a bone blade and crossbar or the rewards? Are you asking for help? Did you do "/hqm quest" at the beginning?
no....
I already made a bone dagger.....but when making the bone crossbar & bone knife blade I forgot to manually detect the quest...
and yes I already did /hqm quest it the beginning.....

Umm.....
Fork dat thing,I'm over it...
But what will happens if I install newer version of TheSpiceOfLife????

Last edited:

Funny

Jul 29, 2019
I found the positions of the cities in a config file,
then added those positions to my waypoint list and made them visable in the nether.

After this I build platforms in the nether covered with half slaps so monsters will not spawn.
Then created Nether portals on the city way points. This creates a portal in the overworld, too.

Now I can visit the cities in a save way with nearly no water consumtion on the way, because the nether is quite cold(20°c or so).

NOW to my question:
Do you think of as Cheating or not.

I would like to hear your opinions.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
then added those positions to my waypoint list and made them visable in the nether.

After this I build platforms in the nether covered with half slaps so monsters will not spawn.
Then created Nether portals on the city way points. This creates a portal in the overworld, too.

Now I can visit the cities in a save way with nearly no water consumtion on the way, because the nether is quite cold(20°c or so).

NOW to my question:

nether being cold should not happen, IMO it should be 50°C or something

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
NOW to my question:

If you have to ask if it is cheaty, then it is. Not hard to find the cities in game on your own and make nether portals to and from without using premade waypoints.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
NOW to my question:

Heck why not just add waypoints and not bother with the nether.
Imo its up to you, play the way you want.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

NOW to my question:

I'm just suprised that it happened already.

Hell froze over.

Ok, so I guess lawyer's got souls now.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I personally find it funny how hard some people will work to cheat in a single player mod pack. For example, dig for glitches and exploits, comb through configs to make the pack easier, change recipes, enable things that have been removed, etc. All that effort when they could have just enabled cheat mode to fly, give items, etc. After all that effort, they then ask if its cheating, wonder why others seem to be playing a harder pack, or in some cases wonder why the pack seems broken.

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: DragonDai

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I personally find it funny how hard some people will work to cheat in a single player mod pack. For example, dig for glitches and exploits, comb through configs to make the pack easier, change recipes, enable things that have been removed, etc. All that effort when they could have just enabled cheat mode to fly, give items, etc. After all that effort, they then ask if its cheating, wonder why others seem to be playing a harder pack, or in some cases wonder why the pack seems broken.

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

It's easier, on a mental level, to inadvertently or indirectly "cheat" or alter the difficulty of something. The effort required is not the same they simply scale the effort back to what they think they want. Most of the problem comes from them not re-adjusting the difficulty when they become more competent.

Also asking for verification is not unique to those that do that. Posting builds, LPs, streaming, etc, all of it is a way for the people doing those to verify themselves and their playstyle.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, a nether transportation nexus is definitely not cheating...... though I suspect the nether needs a bit of an adjustment of ambient temp. Even if the nether was lava hot though it may be worth traveling there with the reduced distances involved..... that said building the infrastructure could be "fun".

I would be completely against using configs to get your address though.

Funny

Jul 29, 2019
I thought cities were generated at random? at least 1000 blocks away from each other?
Yes ... but their locations are saved.

In your save game you finde a file name: "OverworldWalledCities.txt"
It contains the coordinates of the currently created cities.