[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Speaking of TiCo. How do I setup it so metals don't mix with each other and are transformed into ingots or blocks in orderly manner?

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe it took me so long to replace hoppers feeding into my pressure chamber with itemducts. Suddenly, everything is literally 10 times faster.

@Tylor the only way to prevent metals from mixing is preventing them from being in the same smeltery in liquid form at all. Basically this means you need more than one smeltery if you're using that for your ore smelting stuff. Furthermore, you'll need (or may need) buckets of molten metal so you can whitelist specific liquiducts to output specific metals.**

For example, lets say you have one smeltery with one drain connected to a liquiduct, and you're smelting lead and silver in there because those two don't alloy. Half a silver ingot could end up in the ingot cast, and then some lead might smelt and get sucked into the liquiduct.
Suddenly automation halts as your smeltery can't figure out how to get silver into the ingot cast since the duct is clogged with lead. In this case you would need two separate drains with liquiducts not connected to each other, draining to separate basins or casting tables, with an additional whitelist on the liquiducts to prevent more than one metal type flowing through and clogging things up (since as you probably know the metal which drains first is the one on the bottom of the smeltery interface).
In summation the solution is to have drains which have metals whitelisted, which also do not alloy. This means basically copper and aluminum, copper and tin, gold and silver, iron and nickel can't be in the same smeltery.

** this part is a bit of a pain. 1000mb of metal doesn't form a full number of ingots or a block. Therefore you need to smelt enough metal down and pump it into a portable tank, use the bucket to make the whitelist, and then dump the bucket back into said tank so that it can drain back into the smeltery.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
You could also use a high oven. Liquids in the high oven will never form alloys, so you can just pump out the ingots one at a time.

Note: you cannot put ore gravel and ore sand into the high oven, it only accepts ores and dusts. So if you have gravel and sand, you'll need to convert those into dusts first. You can use a hammer for this, but the TE Pulverizer also does it; it even keeps some of the bonus drops.

Note 2: the high oven also triples ores, instead of double from the smeltery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tylor

Ozoingo2

Jul 29, 2019
Please help me i really want to play your epic pack but its not working
ive been told by this log (http://pastebin.com/CQ1bVY6f) that i dont have forge but why dident that auto-install (right?) anyway i went to version 1.1.2 (instead of 1.1.2.1) and it still dident work so can someone please give me a solution this time instead of an explanation of the problem i have
thanks

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried different placements of the PC assembly line, here's the result:

M = IO/Control/Laser/Drill
T = Assembly Table
X = Nothing
Chest is irrelevant and being ignored.

Condition: 1 controller, 1 assembly table, 1 laser, 2 IO, 4.5 pressure, no drill because of emerald issue.
Setup 1: worked. (This is also the setup I use)

X X X
M T M
X M X
X M X

Setup 2: worked.

X X X
X T M
X M M
X M X

Setup 3: failed.

M X X
X T M
X M X
X M X

My conclusion is that:
1. Laser, Drill (I assume it worked the same manner as laser) and IO works when placing in the 8 squares surrounding the assembly table. FALSE! See edit.
2. Based on the fail of setup 3, all machines need to be directly connected, that's why in setup 3 the machine on the North-west corner cannot be detected by the system.

Feedback is mostly welcomed. Screenshots is available if needed by anyone. And BTW is there any config that allows Minecraft screenshots being captured in jpg instead of png?

Edit: Edited conclusion, see next page for detailed correct conclusion.

Last edited:

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
You could also use a high oven. Liquids in the high oven will never form alloys, so you can just pump out the ingots one at a time.

Note: you cannot put ore gravel and ore sand into the high oven, it only accepts ores and dusts. So if you have gravel and sand, you'll need to convert those into dusts first. You can use a hammer for this, but the TE Pulverizer also does it; it even keeps some of the bonus drops.

Actually, from my experience, the High Oven DOES, in fact, smelt gravel and sand, but it will only double ores, not triple them

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, from my experience, the High Oven DOES, in fact, smelt gravel and sand, but it will only double ores, not triple them

Oh, I hadn't actually tried that. Think I read it somewhere, or maybe in Agrarian Skies it doesn't work like that. Good to know, once I have enough stuff to automate all this I think I would rather just smelt some more than bother with setting up pulverizers to turn everything to dust.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What is the 10000002 on the corner[DOUBLEPOST=1410836106][/DOUBLEPOST]
You need to have the io units directly next to the assembly table it can't be diagonal

That infoxml program trying to report how much energy is in an enderium jetpack. I usually turn off the UI for shots but forgot that time.[DOUBLEPOST=1410871947][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was replying to the last week post, though. Key difference. Better luck next time. :)

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
My conclusion is that:
1. Laser, Drill (I assume it worked the same manner as laser) and IO works when placing in the 8 squares surrounding the assembly table.
2. Based on the fail of setup 3, all machines need to be directly connected, that's why in setup 3 the machine on the North-west corner cannot be detected by the system.
Close, but not quite!

The I/O units can be in any of the eight blocks surrounding the assembly table, as they can access inventories diagonally from their location. For the purposes of crafting in an assembly line, the assembly table is considered an inventory.
The laser and drill, on the other hand, need to be located in one of the blocks adjacent to the assembly table, as they cannot access the table diagonally.
The controller only needs to access one of the blocks in the assembly line to control it, as the assembly line counts as a network of sorts.

Here's my layout (X = empty space, L = Laser, D = Drill, I/O = I/O, C = Assembly Controller)

X D I
L T O
X C X

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
Close, but not quite!

The I/O units can be in any of the eight blocks surrounding the assembly table, as they can access inventories diagonally from their location. For the purposes of crafting in an assembly line, the assembly table is considered an inventory.
The laser and drill, on the other hand, need to be located in one of the blocks adjacent to the assembly table, as they cannot access the table diagonally.
The controller only needs to access one of the blocks in the assembly line to control it, as the assembly line counts as a network of sorts.

Here's my layout (X = empty space, L = Laser, D = Drill, I/O = I/O, C = Assembly Controller)

X D I
L T O
X C X
Thanks for the information,I am too lazytired to actually test every possible combination and now I failed miserably:p
I'll edit my post in case someone quoted my false statement.
But one more question, I guess you can't put an IO in the corner without any direct connection with other machines?

Added: For example, is the following setup possible?

I X O
X T X
L C D

Last edited:

Nargis

Jul 29, 2019
I may be being stupid but the grinder recipy isn't working for me. considering no-one else is having this problem I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.
GrinderRecipy.png

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
I may be being stupid but the grinder recipy isn't working for me. considering no-one else is having this problem I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.
GrinderRecipy.png
I bet it's the book with metadata (340:??). Craft/collect a book with only 340 and keep it in the inventory, drop the 340:?? book and pick up again. Now use them to craft.

Reactions: Nargis

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the information,I am too lazytired to actually test every possible combination and now I failed miserably:p
I'll edit my post in case someone quoted my false statement.
But one more question, I guess you can't put an IO in the corner without any direct connection with other machines?

Added: For example, is the following setup possible?

I X O
X T X
L C D
no because the laser and drill MUST be directly adjacent

Sirelde

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to try the modpack on a regular world.
Is there a way to create a custom world, maintaining all the mods (except HQM)?

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
My example messed up... What I wanted to ask is something like this:

I L X
D T X
C X O

Will the Output IO work?
Sorry for derpy example on that post, I guess I need to sleep...

I would think the output IO on that would not work as it isn't directly connected in some way. I believe(May be wrong) all parts must be directly connected to another part in the assembly line so something like

I L O
D T X
C X X

Should work, I think.

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
I would think the output IO on that would not work as it isn't directly connected in some way. I believe(May be wrong) all parts must be directly connected to another part in the assembly line so something like

I L O
D T X
C X X

Should work, I think.
Not that I wanted to actually use that setup, just want to confirm my second conclusion in the name of science:D