[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You know I'm actually not sure. Something you could test out though :)

Test Chamber: 5x5 area
Cobble roof with single dust layer above. 5x5x5 volume of witch water stopped by signs. Underneath signs water flows from 2 corners to single collection point. Hopper to ducts to chest item collection. 4 buckets water used total.

Conclusions...
Put sound off/very low or install Sound Muffler [this block is a godsend!]
Build this somewhat away from you [helps with spawning].
Witch water must be between y=62 and y=46 for spawning to work. Max efficiency would have the witch water start at y=62 and the signs at y=45.
If you're doing this w/o a grinder in the mix...suggest you build so there's 5 suffocating blocks above the trap [Ghasts are spawning/clipping through the ceiling and not dying until manually killed [needlegun works well here].

Very nice setup for tears. Now to get a blaze rod...hello angry doll.

Reactions: LostBMe and Hoff

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
can you make it so that it is not normal difficulty but is still single player
Don't you mean make it NORMAL difficulty? Because it's already not normal difficulty - it's hardcore.

And yes, apparently you can. It was on this forum post sometimes back if you want to look for it.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone that likes to use Ender IO in there crash landing pack, especially those using my crash ender configs. I've got a new version of the configs ready to go! Overall I've up the difficulty to make the machines as they now require the TE counterpart as part of the recipe for the Sag Mill and Alloy Smelter (makes them cost more to create and reflects that they are upgrades to those machines). I've removed the pyrothium smelting recipe and added a few new smelting recipes that will allow you to get Cobalt and Ardite reliably but at a high cost. I've also fixed a bug with the Sag Mill recipes that was outputting the wrong secondary for sagging platinum sand. I've added some recipes to the Sag Mill as well. Ardite and Cobalt can be broken down in the mill and I added a recipe to allow you to sag fire charges and gunpowder for a chance to get sulfur and niter. I increased the cost on the Staff of Traveling and Photovoltaic cells as well.

Here a link to the new harder enderio configs http://goo.gl/jgKLXl

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
For anyone that likes to use Ender IO in there crash landing pack, especially those using my crash ender configs. I've got a new version of the configs ready to go! Overall I've up the difficulty to make the machines as they now require the TE counterpart as part of the recipe for the Sag Mill and Alloy Smelter (makes them cost more to create and reflects that they are upgrades to those machines). I've removed the pyrothium smelting recipe and added a few new smelting recipes that will allow you to get Cobalt and Ardite reliably but at a high cost. I've also fixed a bug with the Sag Mill recipes that was outputting the wrong secondary for sagging platinum sand. I've added some recipes to the Sag Mill as well. Ardite and Cobalt can be broken down in the mill and I added a recipe to allow you to sag fire charges and gunpowder for a chance to get sulfur and niter. I increased the cost on the Staff of Traveling and Photovoltaic cells as well.

Here a link to the new harder enderio configs http://goo.gl/jgKLXl

Warning to anyone that uses EIO:

Be very careful with EIO. The machines can have an extremely nasty bug that can lag worlds to virtually negative fps. Fixed in 1.7.x but in 1.6.4; beware.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So, reading through the thread, and seeing a few LPs, everyone seems to love Mob Essence+Gunpowder in a Reactant Dynamo as their pre-Reactor power source. I'm curious why no one seems to use MFR BioFuel. Did a bit of testing, and the BioFuel Generator (contrary to the wiki) generates more RF/tick, and 1 bucket of BioFuel generates roughly 800k RF, as opposed to 500k for 1 bucket of mob essence. Considering that you can make something like 500 buckets of BioFuel with 6 stacks of raw material (I use vanilla seeds, carrots, potatoes and 3 random HC seeds), it seems to be the obvious choice.
Am I missing something, or is it simply that the generator is gated behind blaze rods?

Reactions: ScottieC

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I actually prefer ender generators :v

Mob essence is more like a convenient thing. Most people already have a trench and just throwing a grinder on one side is relatively simple for easy, passive power.

Biofuel requires more maintenance, more machines(If automated), and the additional gating as you said.

Great source if you don't use BR though.

Reactions: ScottieC

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Pre-big reactor I prefer using redstone heated generators.
1 bucket of destabilized redstone = 320 RF/t for 2500 seconds = 16,000,000 RF.
Farm infinite redstone from witches in an auto-spawner.

Reactions: LostBMe

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, reading through the thread, and seeing a few LPs, everyone seems to love Mob Essence+Gunpowder in a Reactant Dynamo as their pre-Reactor power source. I'm curious why no one seems to use MFR BioFuel. Did a bit of testing, and the BioFuel Generator (contrary to the wiki) generates more RF/tick, and 1 bucket of BioFuel generates roughly 800k RF, as opposed to 500k for 1 bucket of mob essence. Considering that you can make something like 500 buckets of BioFuel with 6 stacks of raw material (I use vanilla seeds, carrots, potatoes and 3 random HC seeds), it seems to be the obvious choice.
Am I missing something, or is it simply that the generator is gated behind blaze rods?
I tend to shy away from the MFR biofuel generator since, if you want that multitude of items to get a better optimization, you either need logistic pipes, a supplier network ala AE or, as I've found recently, SFM works nicely for that as well. It would be interesting to see if SFM can see into the MFR generator's inventory to do it tho. If that were the case, yeah, this would definitely be a good alternative.

I agree with hoff tho. You end up with alot of mob essence anyways from the grinder(s) you eventually setup because you need the drops, etc. You'd end up with alot of essence with nothing to do with it except more grinders + spawners, tho that isn't bad either :) There are so many options on the table for power generation tho, so it's only your imagination that keeps you from choosing alternative forms.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

Unlike BioFuel grinding mobs for essence gives you other useful things and mob essence itself is useful for more than power. Most people are going to end up grinding mobs for drops/essence, using those drops/essence for power is just a natural extension.

Short answer: reactants are easier/simpler and on the beaten path.

I usually don't do biofuel until after I can make harvester/planters combos easily, which is something I can't really ever do in this pack thanks to pneumaticraft. Almost any other pack there would by 5-9 tiny setups in my basement, producing 5 different saplings, 2 types of mushrooms, etc., all fed into bioreactors with a system capable of keeping the materials balanced. That is a fun challenge in some packs. In this one it would be a colossal pain in the ass. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Unlike BioFuel grinding mobs for essence gives you other useful things and mob essence itself is useful for more than power. Most people are going to end up grinding mobs for drops/essence, using those drops/essence for power is just a natural extension.

Short answer: reactants are easier/simpler and on the beaten path.

I usually don't do biofuel until after I can make harvester/planters combos easily, which is something I can't really ever do in this pack thanks to pneumaticraft. Almost any other pack there would by 5-9 tiny setups in my basement, producing 5 different saplings, 2 types of mushrooms, etc., all fed into bioreactors with a system capable of keeping the materials balanced. That is a fun challenge in some packs. In this one it would be a colossal pain in the ass. :p
I use a few survivalist generators to make sure down time doesn't lose too much power and they are very efficient although they only produce 5 RF/t it is a reliable source of fuel using wood, sticks, wood slabs, coal, charcoal, or anything else that can go in a furnace and I think its pretty cheap once you get some blaze rods

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so he took out the diamond dolly (does this affect ones still in world a la removing recipe for making it, or did he remove the ID?).

That leaves you with safari/mob spawner via mfr or the one thing I've never used, the porta spawner thingie that allows you to physically move a spawner, also from mfr. iirc it's sorta expensive. is it still in? Not in CL, so can't check.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
so he took out the diamond dolly (does this affect ones still in world a la removing recipe for making it, or did he remove the ID?).

That leaves you with safari/mob spawner via mfr or the one thing I've never used, the porta spawner thingie that allows you to physically move a spawner, also from mfr. iirc it's sorta expensive. is it still in? Not in CL, so can't check.
The recipe's there. Requires Enderium ingots and a Nether Star; have at it :p

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
They're still there. Be sad when mine wears out, but then again I already moved a blaze spawner to my base and have an enderman spawner sitting in it now so no big deal.

Blaze rods are the only thing I've really needed it for. Can do that with an MFR autospawner so the lack of the dolly is no big deal.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
They're still there. Be sad when mine wears out, but then again I already moved a blaze spawner to my base and have an enderman spawner sitting in it now so no big deal.

Blaze rods are the only thing I've really needed it for. Can do that with an MFR autospawner so the lack of the dolly is no big deal.
yeah, it was only handy for when you haven't built up much yet but went raiding and were able to grab some spawners to assist in that endeavor. After you can manage safari/spawner, yeah. pretty useless, especially when you have to be near it to have it activate it versus just feeding a spawner essence/power and off you go. Ah well, the alternative isn't so bad. Leave the things where they are, build around those spawners a nice little area you can visit and farm for enderpearls or whatever and go on like that.

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
Just raided like 1/8 of the city and have 2 flux picaxes, Tech gear, 64 Grout, and a bunch a water. You guys know how i can collect spawners

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just raided like 1/8 of the city and have 2 flux picaxes, Tech gear, 64 Grout, and a bunch a water. You guys know how i can collect spawners
... Ummm...

The recipe's there. Requires Enderium ingots and a Nether Star; have at it :p

yeah, it was only handy for when you haven't built up much yet but went raiding and were able to grab some spawners to assist in that endeavor. After you can manage safari/spawner, yeah. pretty useless, especially when you have to be near it to have it activate it versus just feeding a spawner essence/power and off you go. Ah well, the alternative isn't so bad. Leave the things where they are, build around those spawners a nice little area you can visit and farm for enderpearls or whatever and go on like that.
Yeah. Read first, ask questions later. :p

Reactions: Sebas759