[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, while playing around with smeltery and sfm, I came across a liquid I've never seen before. Wet cement. made with limestone and stone as alloy.

wtf is it? NEI doesn't show any uses cept a florb which cracks me up throwing wet cement at mobs and turning them into statues or what not. Anyone played with it?

also, those other conveyer belts are rock solid. they can't be glowstoned, so I'm still using MFR ones for the majority of the path, but near grinder where the splosions happen, I am using those instead and not a single one blown up. and yeah, that's working quite good. I watched as a ghast with a zombie baby riding flew towards me, then beelined directly towards my grinder and started trying to ram it or something then boom, both gone which explains the ghast cries I hear at nite. wtf. suicidal ghasts?

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried throwing a bucket on the floor? I'd expect the liquid to turn into either chisel cement or smoothstone.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Nice update, cant wait to see the buried towns at some point.

Side-note: Would be nice to get some random crappy reward for the information quest "What Has Gone Before". Doesn't need to be anything impressive, but just a useless item for doing it (some food or a bottle of water or 2 for example) ?

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
So, while playing around with smeltery and sfm, I came across a liquid I've never seen before. Wet cement. made with limestone and stone as alloy.

wtf is it? NEI doesn't show any uses cept a florb which cracks me up throwing wet cement at mobs and turning them into statues or what not. Anyone played with it?

also, those other conveyer belts are rock solid. they can't be glowstoned, so I'm still using MFR ones for the majority of the path, but near grinder where the splosions happen, I am using those instead and not a single one blown up. and yeah, that's working quite good. I watched as a ghast with a zombie baby riding flew towards me, then beelined directly towards my grinder and started trying to ram it or something then boom, both gone which explains the ghast cries I hear at nite. wtf. suicidal ghasts?

Oh cool. Maybe filling casting basin with it will create cement without the speed buff you'd normally get by smelting gravel....

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, just checked. Pouring on the ground then scooping up the source block makes it harden into "white cement" that looks like white gravel. There are other colors in NEI but I don't know how to make them. Also, limestone refuses to melt in the smeltery, haven't checked the high oven. This is added by Tinker's Steelworks, but the book doesn't mention it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

I have not used it myself, but I have watched a video on it.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding 1.1.2.1 server. Looks like the button is available again. I didn't go download it yet, because I did eventually get Minetweaker working again. In case anyone is interested (and since I couldn't find any detailed info from earlier posts to what the problem might have been, I'll put them here). That way if we do get another update, and don't see a server available anytime soon, maybe someone can make use of this information.

Got the files only yesterday to update the server version on 1.1.2.1.
Working on it as of now .. should be done by tonight or tomorrow.

Pack Support at FTB will have to update server download after that.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
My Google Fu has revealed...

Limestone in Vanilla Furnace = Mariculture Smooth Limestone
Limestone in Redstone Furnace = TSteelworks Limestone Bricks

May not be much help, but ya info nonetheless. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently started playing Crash Landing, and it is a lot of fun so far. I have died/Started over 26 times now, but still enjoying myself.
I was wondering about a few things.
1st-Is there more than 1 city?
2nd-How do you charge stuff? (PickAxe, JetPack, etc)
3rd-Is there anyway to place water, without it becoming saltwater? I tried placing it high up away from the dust, because I ready that it becomes saltwater when placed near dust.?

Thanks for any help given:) Happy Gaming.

shedin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, a quick tip would help me out. I cannot get the cobble gen to work with the transfer node since the update. I have water on one side and lava on the other with a piece of cobble seperating the two. I place the transfer node on the cobble and stick a better barrel on top but nothing happens..? Any ideas what might be going on here?

Gracias!

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
1 Yes, they are randomly generated. The closest ones are directly south and north-northeast.
2 Energetic Infuser
3 No, saltiness is determined by biome and this whole planet is a Dust Planet Biome.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently started playing Crash Landing, and it is a lot of fun so far. I have died/Started over 26 times now, but still enjoying myself.
3rd-Is there anyway to place water, without it becoming saltwater? I tried placing it high up away from the dust, because I ready that it becomes saltwater when placed near dust.?

Cities spawn randomly, X number of blocks away from other cities. There are effectively infinite.

The main method of charging things is the Energetic Infuser, a machine. But if you have a TE battery in your hotbar, shift-right-click to turn it on, and then hold the item you want to charge and the battery will charge the item (good for early charging, before you get the parts for the machine frame needed for the Energetic Infuser or for recharging in the field).

All water source blocks on this map will always be salt water, no matter what. Otherwise you could get infinite water out of them.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

1. Yes they are generated randomly as you load new chunks
2. Flux capacitors are the best early game option, but the energetic infuser will be the primary block you'll use towards late game.
3. All water placed in the environment will be salt water. You can put it in the various ex-nihilo barrels but you will not be able to drink infinitely from any water source.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, a quick tip would help me out. I cannot get the cobble gen to work with the transfer node since the update. I have water on one side and lava on the other with a piece of cobble seperating the two. I place the transfer node on the cobble and stick a better barrel on top but nothing happens..? Any ideas what might be going on here?

Gracias!

I just made 1 its working fine for me, are you using regular vanilla cobble ?

Quicky question, since the update all the pigman seem to agro on default making the city a place i can not do a whole lot in (in terms of getting my smeltery stuff). Any idea how i can change them back to passive ?? the mini-map still shows them as non-hostile but there not :(

Had to gamemode once to get my stuff back, as they killed me on the elevator and i could not get back up there lol

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I just made 1 its working fine for me, are you using regular vanilla cobble ?

Quicky question, since the update all the pigman seem to agro on default making the city a place i can not do a whole lot in (in terms of getting my smeltery stuff). Any idea how i can change them back to passive ?? the mini-map still shows them as non-hostile but there not :(

Had to gamemode once to get my stuff back, as they killed me on the elevator and i could not get back up there lol

Did you previously have special mobs off and it's now on?

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Did you previously have special mobs off and it's now on?

Euhm nope the world there hostile in was enable since the start.

I have 1 more save that started without it, havnt checked town in that one since my last visit, but there were not aggressive when i visited it before the last update (special mobs was on when i did last time though, was to boring/easy without it :p).

Edit: tested it and there now also agressive there :( would not be a big issue if there werent pigmen around each dang corner :p

Last edited:

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Euhm nope the world there hostile in was enable since the start.

I have 1 more save that started without it, havnt checked town in that one since my last visit, but there were not aggressive when i visited it before the last update (special mobs was on when i did last time though, was to boring/easy without it :p).

Edit: tested it and there now also agressive there :( would not be a big issue if there werent pigmen around each dang corner :p

Yeah, they are supposed to be aggressive, aka what you're experiencing is Working As Intended. Pigmen, IMO, are what make the city challenging.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there should be 2-3 cities fairly close to spawn, 400-500 m away. Then some more cities around 1100m away. (At least that's how my map looks like.)

Thermal Expansion has an Energetic Infuser that can be used to recharge batteries, Jet Packs and Tools.
http://ftbwiki.org/Energetic_Infuser

You can't place water and pick it up again with a bottle, which would give you an infinite water source. But you can pick it up with a bucket and put it into a tank. When you use a bottle on the tank, it will fill the bottle up but also take a bucket out of the tank. Iskander tried to plug as many loopholes as possibles when it comes to trying to get an inifnite water supply.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, they are supposed to be aggressive, aka what you're experiencing is Working As Intended. Pigmen, IMO, are what make the city challenging.

Bleh .... a well back to base a get some diamond sieving tech going on then i quess ..... thanks for the extra info on that.

Wonder why they were not agressive the previous time i visited the town, this kinda ruined my Sync and my plans not to gamemode at all :(