[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok well theres been a lot of replies to the new city desines
so first the pics i posted are of two of the smallest buildings and rember most pigmen are in the offices and the hi rises which will be well above the dust so dive bombing pigs will still exsiste

As to the stairs cant use them i have to be very carful about blocks that rotate because the mods randomly rotate the buildings but not the blocks thats why theres fake beds in the appartments

And as to under ground mazes well there is the subway maze and in 113 i have reworked some of the nether structures to work better in CL and i also redesined a graveyard and underground maze to make a graveyard mausoleum maze
Let me ask a question. What is the main motivating factor for burying the cities? Other than just being evil, or for forcing the player to work more for whatever's in there. If it's the spawners, what about my suggestion about the dark glass? Most high rise buildings have tinted glasses anyways, so it sorta makes sense anyways aesthetically even. :) If that's not the reason, then yeah. it's a moot point.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even run Special Mobs, but I'll try turning some of them back on when I can afford a new PC. Until then, no difference to me anyway. :/

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
ok well theres been a lot of replies to the new city desines
so first the pics i posted are of two of the smallest buildings and rember most pigmen are in the offices and the hi rises which will be well above the dust so dive bombing pigs will still exsiste

As to the stairs cant use them i have to be very carful about blocks that rotate because the mods randomly rotate the buildings but not the blocks thats why theres fake beds in the appartments

And as to under ground mazes well there is the subway maze and in 113 i have reworked some of the nether structures to work better in CL and i also redesined a graveyard and underground maze to make a graveyard mausoleum maze

Firstly, totally forgot about the bloody subways...doh, big brain fart. Stairs can be replicated with slabs if you need a unidirectional block. Or just uncarved blocks like you do with the subways.

Second, good to know the taller buildings won't be completely encased in dust. This should be a good compromise. Still keep the piggy danger, but make the best buildings a little bit harder to tackle. I like this solution a lot.

Finally...GRAVEYARDS?!?!?!?!?!? Why have I never seen these? Are they a new thing? I've been thru about a dozen cities (couldn't find a bloody reactor building anywhere, first city with one was over 5k blocks away from my ship, and I did a circle pattern out from the ship) and never seen anything like this! I am intrigued (also, I am never going into one of those mazes...that's a big NOPE! lol, but still, intrigued!).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Weren't baby skels nerfed in 1121?

btw, we didn't really spend much time on that, Am I really the only one who's sad to see the big deadly mobs go?
I don't think I'll update till 113. Haven't made up my mind.

To anyone that has, or anyone that knows, did Iskandar remove the recipe for diamond dolly, or remove the item altogether? (i.e. all your dolly's disappear).[DOUBLEPOST=1410337091][/DOUBLEPOST]
Firstly, totally forgot about the bloody subways...doh, big brain fart. Stairs can be replicated with slabs if you need a unidirectional block. Or just uncarved blocks like you do with the subways.

Second, good to know the taller buildings won't be completely encased in dust. This should be a good compromise. Still keep the piggy danger, but make the best buildings a little bit harder to tackle. I like this solution a lot.

Finally...GRAVEYARDS?!?!?!?!?!? Why have I never seen these? Are they a new thing? I've been thru about a dozen cities (couldn't find a bloody reactor building anywhere, first city with one was over 5k blocks away from my ship, and I did a circle pattern out from the ship) and never seen anything like this! I am intrigued (also, I am never going into one of those mazes...that's a big NOPE! lol, but still, intrigued!).
I don't think you're conceptualizing the turning the building but not the blocks. The slabs and forge microblocks would be subject to the same issues. plus, mobs don't like microblocks anyways.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I'll update till 113. Haven't made up my mind.

To anyone that has, or anyone that knows, did Iskandar remove the recipe for diamond dolly, or remove the item altogether? (i.e. all your dolly's disappear).

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you I'd have to be able to update my server to get onto my single player world to find out. And since the download server button doesn't work and I don't know exactly what files changed, that's not something I'm able to do at the moment.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Let me ask a question. What is the main motivating factor for burying the cities? Other than just being evil, or for forcing the player to work more for whatever's in there. If it's the spawners, what about my suggestion about the dark glass? Most high rise buildings have tinted glasses anyways, so it sorta makes sense anyways aesthetically even. :) If that's not the reason, then yeah. it's a moot point.

the reason is because ppl like to window shop without going in to the buildings and i do agree that dark glass will help some but because there are so many holes in the buildings it wont be as effective as say the Reactor which has no holes[DOUBLEPOST=1410337315][/DOUBLEPOST]
*smacks forehead* I forgot about the rotation problem
theres more than one way to skin a cat 2014-09-10_04.15.05.png

Attachments

• 2014-09-10_04.15.05.png
    2014-09-10_04.15.05.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 82

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
the reason is because ppl like to window shop without going in to the buildings and i do agree that dark glass will help some but because there are so many holes in the buildings it wont be as effective as say the Reactor which has no holes[DOUBLEPOST=1410337315][/DOUBLEPOST]
theres more than one way to skin a cat View attachment 12840
I look at it this way then. It'll give people even more reason to make an excavator. :)

Worried that some buildings might not show up and you'll be excavating forever trying to find anything. we'll end up with more dust in inventory it won't be funny anymore.

Given that, any way we could get enderstorage or random things (probably not) to either get some way to automate the taking of things out of inventory and back to base, or do we just need to love the aerial interface? I guess I answered my own question. *sigh*

It'd be nice to find out if @Iskandar is going to possibly add EnderIO or not. a yay or nay or possibly would be nice. also a chunk loader other than mfr or leave it to us to add. Also is the spawn point going to change or has it already to solve the sync issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1410337696][/DOUBLEPOST]
Except slabs don't rotate...?
but they'd be in same position. errr or am I not conceptualizing it. ohhhh math hurt head. I don't know. it's hurting my head trying to think this through, so I'll concede here. :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Finally...GRAVEYARDS?!?!?!?!?!? Why have I never seen these? Are they a new thing?
ok first yes the graveyard is new and dive bombing pigs away 2014-09-10_04.27.17.png

rUccola

Jul 29, 2019
For starters i really enjoy this pack even though ive died several times even past half the pneumaticcraft tree, still i restart since its just stupid ideas that kills me.
Now, i dont know ive tried to find this on forums but i dont seem to find the same problem;
On my world this time i decided to get myself a Openblocks Auto-enchanter, and i used a xp-drain to openblock tanks, then aquaducts and a servo to run it into the bottom of the enchanter, then i get into the interface and choose the bottom and then i click on autodrink, then crash, cant load the map it just crashes the launcher/game. ive tried it in new worlds in creative mode in this pack and it does the same thing. i tried checking the box for auto drink first and then choosing the bottom then crash.

is this a bug with openblocks just or is it a combo just in your pack?

edit: tried it a bit more and the problem seems to be when the enchanter gets the xp fluid cause i can setup everything just fine and working til i throw a bottle o enchanting on the drain...

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Sweet sweet succulent revenge. I glowstoned some of the MFR conveyer belts to speed things up a bit and watching one of those baby skels trying (emphasis on trying) to run upstream is making me rofl. It's the perfect example of futility.

Creepers be blowing up all my belts near the grinder. iirc, you guys were saying the EU conveyer belts weren't subject to same problem, so I'll try putting some of those near the grinder to see if it fares any better. But yeah, that's working out pretty good. I'm even killing a ghast every so often so I don't know how that's happening unless he sees a bunch of mobs and says hey, lemme give one of you a lift then zap.

it should be against the law that if you're doing something in SFM, no ghasts carrying creepers should be allowed to swoop in to see if you want company. I'm filing a grievance.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Except slabs don't rotate...?
correct thats why i used them and not stairs in the appartments for tables coffee tables[DOUBLEPOST=1410338346][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1410338441][/DOUBLEPOST]
I look at it this way then. It'll give people even more reason to make an excavator. :)

Worried that some buildings might not show up and you'll be excavating forever trying to find anything. we'll end up with more dust in inventory it won't be funny anymore.

It'd be nice to find out if @Iskandar is going to possibly add EnderIO or not. a yay or nay or possibly would be nice. also a chunk loader other than mfr or leave it to us to add. Also is the spawn point going to change or has it already to solve the sync issue?

first off check my Post this shows that you will still be able to find the buildings
and as to EIO i talked to Iskandar about it to day and it doesnt look good and as to the Sync problem i dont know yet

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok first yes the graveyard is new and dive bombing pigs away View attachment 12841
yeah, read your post. but does that mean ALL buildings will be visible or some and you have to hunt for others? If you can see the roof, there's your window shopping, right? We go by what's on the roof. smokestack of any kind? want. office space thingie, only if you are desparate for water, etc... I do not see how this will change a thing. It's like those plastic things around electronic stuff you buy, etc.. It deters thieves from taking them in store, and ensures you buy special scissors to remove them, but offering nothing but a grind (yeah, I went there) to the end goal. If they are visually different from the top, that's all we will go off of anyways. If you're changing that, then yeah, things will be more difficult, but I agree with the masses. The way to go at these things is top bottom and you're just allowing us an easy way into that in first place.

bummed about enderIO :( was looking forward to using it. :( too sad :( beyond sad :( ok, I'm better.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
the reason is because ppl like to window shop without going in to the buildings and i do agree that dark glass will help some but because there are so many holes in the buildings it wont be as effective as say the Reactor which has no holes[/ATTACH]
Umm..... the post Shane quotes above is from DoomSquirter, not myself.......

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, read your post. but does that mean ALL buildings will be visible or some and you have to hunt for others? If you can see the roof, there's your window shopping, right? We go by what's on the roof. smokestack of any kind? want. office space thingie, only if you are desparate for water, etc... I do not see how this will change a thing. It's like those plastic things around electronic stuff you buy, etc.. It deters thieves from taking them in store, and ensures you buy special scissors to remove them, but offering nothing but a grind (yeah, I went there) to the end goal. If they are visually different from the top, that's all we will go off of anyways. If you're changing that, then yeah, things will be more difficult, but I agree with the masses. The way to go at these things is top bottom and you're just allowing us an easy way into that in first place.

bummed about enderIO :( was looking forward to using it. :( too sad :( beyond sad :( ok, I'm better.
see this is the problem with tring to secure a city it just isnt feasible possible leave them unburied and ppl will just stick there heads in a window and take what they want bury them abd ppl will make a hole in the roof and walk away till mobs despawn but at least this way you have to stop to break blocks which will give pigs time to catch up to you[DOUBLEPOST=1410339064][/DOUBLEPOST]
Umm..... the post Shane quotes above is from DoomSquirter, not myself.......
sry my quotes are acting up for some reason

Reactions: ScottieC

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
see this is the problem with tring to secure a city it just isnt feasible possible leave them unburied and ppl will just stick there heads in a window and take what they want bury them abd ppl will make a hole in the roof and walk away till mobs despawn but at least this way you have to stop to break blocks which will give pigs time to catch up to you

Yeah. I see this as the biggest "benefit" of the buried buildings. So long as piggies can still land on your head, you'll have to now deal with the surrounding population before you can tackle a building. Before, if there was a chest on the outside wall of a building, chances were very good you could run up, open it, click everything into your inventory, and run off before the mobs could get a fix on you and start being a serious threat. Now, you won't be able to do that. And that's a "good" thing. lol

EDIT: a word

Reactions: Shane2482

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I see this as the biggest "benefit" of the buried buildings. So long as piggies can still land on your head, you'll have to now deal with the surrounding population before you can tackle a building. Before, if there was a chest on the outside wall of a building, chances were very good you could run up, open it, click everything into your inventory, and run off before the mobs could get a fix on you and start being a serious threat. Now, you won't be able to do that. And that's a "good" thing. lol

EDIT: a word
you know CA does have under ground cities that are completely dark hmmmm i wonder:D to bad we already have so much that we cant add anything too big

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
you know CA does have under ground cities that are completely dark hmmmm i wonder:D to bad we already have so much that we cant add anything too big

If Iskandar doesn't kill himself finishing CL, and he still wants to keep doing this sort of thing and decides to do CL2 on an icy world, that'd be PERFECT! The citizens of the world retreated underground, where it's warmer, in a last ditch effort to save their civilization...obviously that didn't work out too well for them...

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it looks like the roc isn't in the 1.6.4 version of Lycanites. So I'm stuck with one of the raptor varieties for feathers? Kinda hard to make arrows without them.

Shane was right, this mod is really interesting. Customizing drops, biomes, stats... I could really put this to good use in an ice biome alternative to CL.[DOUBLEPOST=1410345663][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually like that trenches are less effective now. Trenches were too stronk before.
In playing around with Lycanites, I can't help but notice the lack of interest in me at long distances heh. I'm gonna be hard-pressed for zombie flesh, time to bust out the shears again. Back to my space cowboy roots? :)